Miquelon is an island and village in Saint-Pierre and Miquelon.
Although it is much larger than Saint-Pierre, it is much less populated. The residents are primarily of Basque and Acadian heritage.
Geologically, Miquelon is three islands, connected by isthmuses formed from drifting sand:
- Le Cap at the north, location of the village of Miquelon (pop. 600).
- Miquelon proper (Grande Miquelon). The name comes from the Basque version of Michael, which was the name of several fishermen who settled here.
- Langlade (Petite Miquelon), which has no permanent inhabitants but is a popular vacation spot. The name is a corruption of the French l'île à l'Anglais or Englishman's Island.
- Restaurant Brian and Brasserie Michael, 18, rue Anne-Claire du Pont de Renon, ☎ (508) 41 64 89 (firstname.lastname@example.org). closed Mon.. Traditional cuisine, seafood, snacks. edit
- Snack Bar à Choix, 2, rue Sourdeval Miquelon, ☎ (508) 41 62 00 (email@example.com). Closed Mon. seafood crepe, roasted chicken, baked apple crepe, traditional cooking edit
- Chez Janot, Langlade, ☎ (508) 41 28 09 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . edit