Mimizan is a village in Les Landes.
Fly to Bordeaux or Biarritz
Work up an appetite for the fantastic local food and burn off some calories..cycle! Cheap to rent (14€ a day), numerous local hire stores. Or, you could increase the carbon footprint and drive!
Amazing forests gently dropping needles onto miles and miles of sand, lashed by Atlantic storms generating fantastic surf!
Surf, cycle, walk and generally soak up the slower pace of life on the South West coast. Visit tucked away hamlets, eat the 10€ formule menu, speak French and forget the strains of the 9-5.
Summer 2010 (14-23 of August), the 3rd international acrobatics festival will be held in Sainte-Eulalie-en-Born, close to Mimizan, more information mailto:Thorsten.Bohle&gmx.de of 
- Lopez City, Avenue Maurice Martin, ☎ +33 5 5882 4157. Small restaurant near the beach. For lunch you can have pizzas and for dinner seafood and other dishes. edit
- Bar Américain (BA), Rue Brémontier, ☎ +33 5 5809 3924, . 22:00-05:00. Club where young people meets during the night. This club offers nice live music with video projection. edit
- Pili Pili, Avenue Maurice Martin, ☎ +33 5 5809 4711, . 12:00-02:00. Music Bar located next to the beach. It often offers live music and DJ performances. edit
- Camping du Lac, Avenue de Woolsack (6 km from ocean.), ☎ +33 5 5809 0121, . checkout: 11:00. Nice campsite located next to the lac. The toilet and showers are simple but clean and always available. There is also a small bar restaurant open almost all the day. from 9€. edit
- Camping de la Plage, Boulevard de l'Atlantique (800m from ocean), ☎ +33 5 5809 0032, . Campsite located next to the beach. Due to its location, this campsite is often full. from 9€. edit