Milton is a town in Southern Ontario, located approximately 40 km (25 mi) west of Toronto. Once a small rural town, it is now a major suburban area of the GTA and is one of the fastest growing communities in Canada. It is home to a picturesque downtown area with many local restaurants and shops.
Milton is easily accessible by road, located at the intersection of highway 401 and RR 25, and close to the intersection of highways 401 and 407. Highway 401 exits 312, 320 and 324 serve Milton, with direct access to downtown Milton via exit 320 to Martin St.
Access to and from downtown Toronto, and other points in the GTA, is available via the Go Rail's Milton Line and the GO Bus service. Milton Line trains depart and arrive at the Milton GO station. GO buses can be boarded at the Milton GO station and at the Milton GO stop at the intersection of Maine St. and Martin St., which is in downtown Milton.
- Main St. Downtown Milton - This is the historical heart of Milton, home to many of the town's oldest buildings. Numerous locally owned shops and restaurants line the street, and various festivals and events are held here throughout the year.
- Milton Mill Pond - a picturesque pond located near downtown partially surrounded by a small forest. It includes walking trails and a waterfront gazebo. It is surrounded by three downtown parks: Centennial Park on the Martin St. side; Livingston Park, accessible via Margaret St.;Rotary Park, accessible via Garden Lane and two pathway bridges that connect the park to the Mill Pond trails.
- Milton Farmers Market - a large outdoor farmer's market held every Saturday morning from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM. It takes place on Main St. in downtown Milton from spring to fall.
- La Toscana, 165 Main St E, 905-693-8345. Offers a relaxed atmosphere accompanied by a fine wine from the restaurant's extensive cellars. http://www.latoscana.ca
- The Ivy Arms, 201 Main St E, 905-876-4899. Located on the beautiful Main Street in downtown Milton, Ivy Arms offers a fantastic selection of menu items and a large outdoor Ivy covered patio. 
- Brunello Ristorante, 395 Main St E, 905-875-3305. Voted Milton's favourite Italian Restaurant. 
- South 202, 202 Main St E, 905-875-3221. A relaxed atmosphere Mediterranean restaurant & jazz bar located in the heart of downtown Milton. 
- Sushi-Ya Japan, 8 Martin Street, 905-878-9666. A popular Japanese sushi restaurants that offers a wide variety of sushi and Japanese dishes. Also has a take-out option.
- Holiday Inn Express Milton, 2750 Highpoint Dr. ☎ +905-876-4955, . Adjacent to highway 401 exit 320.
- Best Western Milton, 161 Chisholm Drive. ☎ 905-875-3818, . Adjacent to highway 401 exit 320.