Milford  is a city in New Haven county Connecticut. It is bordered to the South by Long Island sound, to the West by the Housatonic river, to the North by the town of Orange, and to the east by the town of West Haven. Milford is approximately 70 miles East of New York City.
Milford is home of the Subway chain of restaurants and the Bic company.
Milford is well serviced by Interstate highways. Interstate 95 has a number of exits within Milford (bear in mind that the highway signs indicate North/South but the highway runs East/West through southern Connecticut). Route 15 also runs through north part of Milford with a connector to Interstate 95. These roads are often congested especially during normal business rush hours (Southbound in the morning and Northbound in the evening) and, also on the weekends (Southbound on Sunday evenings).
Milford's train station is serviced by Metro-North with stops along the Connecticut shore and into New York City. Amtrak is available into New Haven, about 10 miles from Milford.
Derby-Milford Road connects Milford and Route 34 in Derby. It is a popular route of travel to Milford. I-95 is inconvenient to get on in many towns near Milford.
Milford is best seen by automobile. The City does have a public bus system and is serviced by State buses. Taxi cabs are available but must be called in advance. The area around the town green and waterfront is a wonderful place to wander on foot to check out the shops and scenery.
Milford has miles of coastline along Long Island sound.
- Silver Sands State Park
- The Milford Historic Society's colonial houses on Wharf Lane, open for tours in the summer.
- Milford Green, North and South Broad Street. The second longest green in New England. Surrounded by bars, restaurants, cafes, and other trendy shops. edit
- Charles Island, 1.5 miles off the coast (Silver Sands), . Charles Island is a unique Island off the coast of Milford, CT. When low tide, a natural land bridge sandbar called "tombolo" is exposed. This allows for walking from beach to island. The Island is part of Silver Sands park and home to a bird sanctuary. free. edit
- Milford Marina, High Street. Many boats with a great view of the water. Nice walkway along the water and many restaurants a short walk away. Located in Downtown Milford. edit
- The Milford Oyster Festival in August.
- The Connecticut Post Mall, now the largest indoor shopping mall in Connecticut. Home to Rave Motion Pictures. Large movie theater with IMAX showings. Nathan's Hotdog and Ben and Jerry's located in theater lobby. Arcade and TVs located in lobby. Full bar attached to lobby for persons 21 and over. Reald 3d and IMAX 3d.
- Downtown Milford, featuring many eclectic shops and restaurants.
- The Beaches. What more do we need to say?
- The Orchards Golf Course, 137 Kozlowski Rd, ☎ 203-877-8200. The Orchards is a 9 hole golf course in Milford. The course is small enough for all skill level players to have fun but challenging enough for experienced golfers to enjoy themselves. A 9 hole round is 18 dollars which is a very fair price. The Orchards opened in 1997 and has been striving since. edit
- Milford Lanes AMF Bowling, 1717 Boston Post Rd, ☎ 203-878-4658. Milford Lanes is home to 60 bowling lanes with flat screen monitors. A bar is attached with seating for 30 where flat screen TVs are displayed. Pool tables and arcade games are also available. Bowling leagues and special pricing on certain days is offered. Milford Lanes is a very large, clean, and modern bowling ally. edit
Milford's route 1 is an example of what is called the " Edge City" effect. A mass concentration of shopping, businesses, dining, and office space outside of traditional downtown areas. The dense shopping area stretches roughly from the CT post mall in Milford all the way to New Haven. Along this stretch you can find an endless amount of retail shopping for anything from clothing and electronics, to groceries and furniture. In fact Milford has one of the largest concentrations of furniture stores anywhere in the United States.
- Back Country Home, 1770 Boston Post Road, ☎ 203-713-8788. Eclectic collection of country and contemporary furniture located along Milford's busy route 1. Most products are made of 100% solid wood and last a lifetime. Sticks out from the endless stretches of contemporary furniture located along the route. About two miles up from the exit 39 north off ramp. edit
- Bob's Stores, 195 Cherry St, ☎ 203-877-5000, . Bob's Stores located on Cherry Street right off of the Boston Post Road is a bargain clothes store. Bob's offers great deals on all kinds of men's and women's clothes and shoes. edit
- Golf Galaxy, 1355 Boston Post Rd Milford, CT, ☎ 203-783-3028, . Golf Galaxy is one of the most recent additions to the Milford shopping experience. It is located on the Boston Post Road in a plaza next to the mall. Golf Galaxy offers all kinds of used and new golf clubs. It also offers golf apparel, accessories and an indoor netted range for testing clubs. Re-gripping and repairs are also offered at Golf Galaxy. edit
Cafe Atlantique  - (33 River Street. Phone: 203-882-1602) One of Milford's treasures; a beautiful French-style coffee house serving soups, salads, crepes, assorted pastries, and of course, great coffee and tea. Sit outside if the weather permits!
Citrus  - (56 South Broad Street. Phone: +1 203 877-1138) A stylish dinner destination featuring American-Caribbean fusion cuisine. A great place if you're craving something deliciously out of the ordinary.
East - (17 Turnpike Sq., Boston Post Road. Phone: +1 203 877-7686) Some of the best Japanese food in southern Connecticut. A small but elegant restaurant featuring a sushi bar in addition to a complete dinner menu. You can't go wrong at this place.
Rainbow Gardens  - (117 North Broad Street. Phone: 203-878-2500) Recently renovated restaurant and bar featuring "an eclectic, continental menu filled with variety, color, freshness and of course, flavor!" Many healthy, creative, and delicious dining options to be found.
- Jimmy's Pizza, 315 New Haven Avenue, ☎ +1 203 877-6300. New Haven Style Apizza. Popular local place. Take-out only. edit
- UNO Chicago Grill, 1061 Boston Post Rd, ☎ 203-876-1160, . UNO Chicago Grill is a popular pizzeria and restaurant located on the Boston Post Road near the mall. It offers delicious deep dish, Chicago style pizza and all sorts of Italian dishes. edit
- Chipotle Mexican Grill: Gourmet Burritos and Tacos, 1319 Boston Post Rd, ☎ 203-877-1530, . Chipotle is a Mexican grill that offers all kinds of burritos and other Mexican dishes. It is almost like a subway for burritos allowing you to order exactly what you want in them. Chipotle has many toppings and types of burritos to choose from. edit
Milford nightlife is centered around its downtown area near the green. As the city's population continues to grow, so does the popularity of the downtown bar scene.
- Stonebridge Restaurant, 50 Daniel Street, ☎ +1 203 874-7947. An upscale bar and restaurant located downtown. Very popular with people of all ages. Patio open in the warmer months. Expect a cover and a long wait on warm weekend nights. edit
- SBC, 33 New Haven Ave, ☎ +1 203 874-BEER. Trendy brewery with various locations in CT. Wide selection of drinks including its own beer brewed on location. Again, very popular on weekends , especially in the warmer months. edit
- Seven Seas Pub, 16 New Haven Ave. Not as upscale as many other locations in downtown, but still a fairly nice place. More low key most of the time, but pretty busy on the weekends. Not as pretty as its neighbors, but just as fun. edit
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 1201 Boston Post Road, ☎ 203-877-9453, . Buffalo Wild Wings is a popular destination for drinks and food. It is conviently located inside the mall. With over twenty wing sauces and beers to choose from, Buffalo Wild Wings is always packed with people. There are multiple TVs on every wall making it a popular location for viewing sporting events. edit
- Gippers Sports Bar, 304 Old Gate Ln, ☎ 203-878-5262, . Gippers contains a restaurant area and bar area. Many TVs are hanging on the walls with sports on them at all times. A great selection of draft and craft beers and a full lunch menu are offered at Gippers. Gippers has been around for fifteen years and continues to be a successful business. edit
- Hyatt Place, 190 Old Gate Lane, ☎ 203-877-9800, . The Hyatt Hotel is located off of exit 40 of I-95. Stays include hot complimentary breakfast. 42 inch flat screen TV in each room. 24/7 Gallery room service menu. edit
- SpringHill Suites, 50 Rowe Avenue, ☎ 203-283-0200, . Reasonably priced hotel that is full of luxury. edit
Milford is a convenient launching point for most places in the New England region because it is well connnected to all areas. About 1 hour to New York City going southbound. About 3 hours to Boston going north boung. About 1 hour to Hartford via 1-91 in New Haven. About 10 minutes to New Haven via I-95 North. Mohehgan sun casino and Foxwoods resort and casino are also only about an hour away going northbound.