Middletown is in Monmouth County, New Jersey
Established in 1693; Middletown Township, New Jersey refers to the area north of Navesink River, and east of Freehold Township. Although officially established in 1693, it was settled by non indigenous people around 1664. It was at this time that the town's foundation was created around the colonial road known as "The Kings Highway". This historic road still remains as a central point of travel in Middletown. Today Middletown is a metropolitan, but mostly suburban township popular with families raising children.
Getting in by car would be one of the most convenient options. Parking is not as much of an issue as it is in its surrounding towns. However, there are other public transportation options available as well.
- By Train - Take the New Jersey Transit North Jersey Coast Line from New York Penn Station or other stops along the line. Get off at the Middletown Station on Church Street.
- By Ferry – take the SeaStreak or another of the fast ferries from Manhattan to Atlantic Highlands, Highlands, or Belford NJ. Then take a shuttle, cab, or short drive to Middletown.
Getting around Middletown is fairly easy. There are often strip malls that have everything one might need in one plaza. Whether you park your car or take public transportation, where ever you end up, there should be no issue with walking around town.
- Royal Limousine, ☎ 732-291-7373, . Serving Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex Counties edit
- Middletown Yellow Taxi Cab 49 Kanes Ln ☎(732) 671-4600
- Academy Bus ☎201-420-7000, Allows you to commute work or you could request a charter to go anywhere.
- The Evil Clown of Middletown, Highway 35 (at Kings Hiway East.), . The Evil Clown of Middletown is a large outdoor sign on northbound New Jersey Route 35 in Middletown Township, New Jersey, advertising a Spirits Liquor Store. edit
- Whipporwill Valley road. Notoriously haunted road that is the subject of mystery and folklore. Many frightening legends are alleged to have occur on the unpaved road, such as witch burnings, trees that come to life at night, and a deranged driver that runs teens off the road. edit
- Vince Lombardi's grave; Olivet Cemetery, Mount Olivet Cemetery, Chapel Hill Road, ☎ (732) 741-5516. The resting place of highly esteemed NFL coach Vince Lombardi. Visit and pay your respects to perhaps the greatest NFL coach of all time. edit
- Christ Church, 92 Kings Highway, ☎ 732-671-2524, . A historic Episcopalian Church constructed in 1744. edit
- Middletown Township Public Library, 55 New Monmouth Road, ☎ 732-671-3700, . A public library that usually draws a large crowd. edit
- Poricy Park Conservancy, 345 Oak Hill Road, ☎ 732-842-5966, . Poricy Park Conservancy is dedicated to the preservation of its natural resources and historic site for use in education and enjoyment by present and future generations. It features woodlands, fields, river and marsh ecosystems, a bed of Cretaceous fossils, collections of natural objects, and a restored 18th-Century farm. Quality hands-on educational programs of natural science, environmental and colonial living studies are offered in season. edit
- Tatum Park Bike Trail. It is a part of the Monmouth County Park system. It is a five mile bike trail and you can find a park map at the activity center. edit
- Middletown Sports Complex, 214 Harmony Road, ☎ 732-856-9700. Public ice skating rink when games are not being played. edit
- Middletown Harmony Bowl, 1815 Rte 35 Middletown, NJ, ☎ (732) 671-2100. edit
- Tiger Schulmann's Mixed Martial Arts Studio, 798 Rte 35, Middletown, NJ 07748, ☎ (732) 510-4403. Chain martial arts studio providing kick boxing, martial arts, ect. Children welcome. edit
- Harmony Bowl, 1815 State Route 35, Middletown, NJ 07748, ☎ (732) 671-2100. Bowling alley lane/Chinese restaurant. Host's leagues, parties and open bowl welcome too. edit
- Chuck E. Cheese, 1107 Route 35 Middletown, NJ, 07748, ☎ (732) 615-9091. Store Hours: Mon-Thur 10am-10pm Fri 10am-11pm Sat 9am-11pm Sun 9am-10pm edit
- Harmony Natural Foods, 1521 State Route 35 Middletown (At Harmony Road), ☎ (732) 671-7939. Has an assortment of vitamins, supplements, and natural foods managed by a knowledgeable staff. edit
- ShopRite, Route 35 & Harmony Road, ☎ (732 671-9444. 6am-12am. ShopRite is an American supermarket that offers a variety of your favorite whole foods. edit
- Kohl's, 800 State Route 35, ☎ (732) 706-1669. Mon-Thurs 9am-10pm, Fri 9am-11pm,Sat 8am-11pm,Sun 9am-9pm. Kohl's is an American department store that offers a large selection of merchandise and goods such as apparel, shoes, and accessories for women, children and men, and home products such as small electronics, kitchen electrics, electric shavers, toothbrushes, vacuum cleaners & floor care, bedding, toys, and luggage. edit
- Jovi's Fine Jewelery, 1158 Highway, Middletown,NJ 07748, ☎ 732-671-1131, . Mon:11am-5pm;Tue-Fri:10am-6pm;Sat:10am-4pm. Jovi's Fine Jewelry offers a terrific variety of 14K,18K, Platinum and Sterling Silver Jovi's Fine Jewelery also offers an exclusive variety of gifts like nameplate necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings.Jovi's also repairs and buys jewelery. edit
- Target, 2105 Route 35 Middletown.NJ 07748, ☎ (732) 706-9222, . Mon-Sat:8am-11pm;Sun:8am-10pm. Target is a department store that offers everything from your favorite apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children. Target also offers all your favorite home and kitchen appliances. edit
- Middletown Pancake House, 1610 State Route 35 (Just North of Harmony Road), ☎ (732) 671-1145. Family owned and operated since 1962. A very warm and friendly atmosphere where Families and Friends gather to eat Home cooked meals and especially excellent breakfasts edit
- Villa Pizza, State Route 35 At Harmony Rd (In Shoprite Plaza), ☎ 732-671-3733. Pizza as it was meant to be. edit
- Toscanella Village Cafe, 102 Kings Highway (Near the train station), ☎ 723-706-1000, . This cozy Italian restaurant is at its best when you can dine in their outdoor garden. edit
- Sissy's Place, 868 Main St (At the junction), ☎ 732 787-1990. Women cooking for everyone. edit
- Belford Bistro, 870 Main Street (At the junction), ☎ 732-495 8151, . Up-scale fare at an intimate byob location. edit
- Lincroft Inn, 700 Newman Springs Road (Lincroft), ☎ 732-747-0890, . edit
- Applebee's, 1183 State Route 35,, ☎ (732)-957-9400. This neighbor grill is most packed on weekend nights beginning at 10 pm. It has half price appetizers every single night from 10 pm to closing. edit
- Burger King, 858 Rte 35, Middletown, NJ 07748, ☎ (732) 671-9716. 6:00 am - 10:00 pm. edit
- Wendy's, 1450 Rte 35, Middletown, NJ 07748, ☎ (732) 615-9755. 10:00 am - 1:00 am. edit
- MJ's Pizza, Bar & Grill, 1005 Rte 35, Middletown, NJ 07748. 11:00 am - 12:00 am. edit
- Muscle Maker Grill, 1409 Rte 35, Middletown, NJ 07748, ☎ (732) 533-5421. 11:00 am - 9:00 pm. One of the healthy choice options in Middletown. edit
- Quick Chek, 3 OLD HIGHWAY 28 WHITEHOUSE STATION, NJ 08889, ☎ 908-534-2200. Open 24 Hours edit
- Pasquale's Pizza III, 147 Cherry Tree Farm Rd, Middletown, NJ 07748, ☎ (732) 615-9800. 10 am - 11 pm. Known for its Buffalo Chicken Pizza edit
- Junction Bar & Liquors, 908 Main St, (732) 787-1300, Hours: Daily, 9am- 2am
- Old Village Pub, State Highway 35 And, (732) 671-9156,
- Smoothie King, 1159 Hwy. 35 Middletown, NJ 07748, ☎ (732) 671-3430. Monday-Friday 7am-9pm Saturday 9am-9pm Sunday 10am-7pm edit
- Comfort Inn, 750 Highway 35 Middletown NJ 07748 (Exit 117/114 off the Garden State Parkway, follow south on Highway 35 to Middletown), ☎ 732-671-3400. checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. edit
There are many nearby towns to be visited after your stay in Middletown. You could choose to visit Red Bank, which is known for it's downtown strip with many restaurant options. Parking will be your only issue at Red Bank, but once you find a spot you will have plenty of shopping and eating to take care of.
While in Middletown if you are looking for a nearby Movie Theater you have to travel a few minutes to the next town over Hazlet. The name of the theater is Rave Cinemas.
If you are looking to go to the beach then travel to the town of Long Branch and stop at Pier Village. There are shopping stores and many beaches, which are used by mainly college students.
Another shopping option would be Holmdel, which is not far from Middletown. It is known for it's main park called Holmdel Park, which has one of the toughest cross country trails in New Jersey.
The bus will be available to take you to all of these locations.
Other wise, you could use the same transportation as getting in.