Middlebury is a college town in Vermont's Champlain Valley.
There is bus service with connections to Montreal and Burlington to the north and Rutland, Bennington, Boston and New York City to the south. See the Greyhound and Vermont Transit websites for schedules.
Middlebury is compact, but it's worth having a car to see the nearby countryside.
Middlebury College has a picturesque campus just outside of the town center. There is a waterfall and bridge in the Frog Hollow area downtown with numerous restaurants and galleries.
- Henry Sheldon Museum, 1 Park Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-2117, . T-Sa: 10am-5pm; Also open Sundays 1pm-5pm in Summer. A museum of the history of Vermont's Addison County and neighboring communities. edit
- Marquis Theatre, 65 Main Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-4841, . Call or check website for showtimes. Small town traditional movie theater. Has three viewing screens and shows movies in both 2D and 3D. Shows about 3 movies at a time with a very old-fashioned, traditional feel. $ (0-10). edit
- Vermont Soap Factory Outlet and Soap Museum, 616 Exchange Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-4302, . M-F: 9am-5pm; closed weekends. Museum of the Vermont Soap company; learn about how they make their soap and shop the discounted factory outlet store! edit
- The Rainbow Room, 72 Main Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-6831, . M-Sa: 10am-5pm; Su: 11am-4pm. Jewelry and gifts, including a selection of Vera Bradley. edit
- Skihaus of Vermont, 6 Merchants Row, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-7547, . M-F: 9:30am-5:30pm; Sa: 9am-5pm; Su: 11am-5pm. Skis, snowboards, bikes, sports apparel and more! Daily rentals for ski and snowboard equipment also available. edit
- Cacklin' Hens, A Vermont Yarn, Beads, and Gift Emporium, 383 Exchange Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-2221, . M-F: 10am-5:30pm; Sa: 10am-4pm; closed Sundays. An extensive collection of yarns, knitting and crocheting supplies, beads, and jewelry making supplies. Offers classes in knitting, crocheting and jewelry making. edit
- Shaw's Supermarket, 8 Washington Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-0930, . M-Sa: 7am-10pm; Su: 7am-9pm. Grocery store that includes a bakery, deli and floral department. edit
- Kinney Drugs, 40 Court Street #4, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-0973, . Store: M-Sa: 8am-9pm; Su: 9am-6pm; Pharmacy: M-F: 8:30am-8:30pm; Sa: 8:30am-7pm; Su: 9am-5pm. Pharmacy and drugstore. edit
- Greg's Meat Market, 3 Elm Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-2162, . 6am-8pm everyday. Fresh meat, dairy, fruits, vegetables and more grocery products. edit
- Rosie's Restaurant and Coffee Shop, 886 U.S. 7, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-7052, . 6am-9pm 7 days a week. Local, family style restaurant available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is fresh with a great home-cooked feeling to make you feel right at home. edit
- Fire and Ice, 26 Seymour Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-7166, . M-Th: 5pm-9pm; F,Sa: 12pm-9pm; Su: 1pm-9pm. Landmark dinner restaurant since 1974. Known for fresh steaks and seafood with very unique decor! edit
- Green Peppers Restaurant, 10 Washington Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-3164, . Su-Th: 10:30am-9pm; F, Sa: 10:30am-10pm. A family owned classic pizza restaurant with good pizza for a good price. edit
- Carol's Hungry Mind Cafe, 24 Merchants Row, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-0101, . M-F: 7am-5pm; Sa,Su: 8am-5pm; hours vary for special events. Coffee, tea, cold drinks and light food. Live music and entertainment on select days. edit
- Two Brothers Tavern, 86 Main Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-0002, . 11:30am-2am; food served until 12am Su-W; food served until 2am Th-Sa; Lounge open 5:30pm-2am Tu-Sa. Enjoy three different environments in the tavern, dining room, or lounge. Tapas, sandwiches, entrees and desserts; 25 beers on draught; weekly live entertainment. edit
- The Storm Cafe, 3 Mill Street, Middlebury, VT (Located on the bottom floor of the Frog Hollow Mill), ☎ +1 802 388-1063, . Breakfast: Sa: 9am-12pm; Su: 9am-1pm; Lunch: T-Su: 11:30am-2:30pm; Dinner: Tu-Sa: 5pm-9pm. American cuisine serving fresh, local foods. edit
- American Flatbread, 137 Maple Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-3300, . T-Sa: 5pm-9pm. Wood-fired flatbread pizzas, salads, and desserts. edit
- Steve's Park Diner, 66 Merchant Row, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-3297. M-Sa: 6am-2pm; Su: 7am-2pm. Small town breakfast/brunch diner and coffee shop. edit
- Otter Creek Brewing, 793 Exchange Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-0727. 11am-6pm everyday. Visit the Otter Creek Brewery and enjoy lunch and one of their famous beers brewed right there in small batches! edit
The Middlebury Inn is a good upscale choice. There are numerous B & B's and motels nearby to fit all budgets. Check the Middlebury College schedule before visiting, as area hotels are completely booked for graduation and other major events. Book well ahead if coming during leaf season (late September - early November).
- Middlebury Inn Vermont, 14 Court Square, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-4961, . Classic, upscale Inn in the heart of Middlebury, VT. Features 71 guest rooms, dining, a day spa and banquet halls. edit
- Swift House Inn, 25 Stewart Lane, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 866 388-9925, . The Swift House Inn is a countryside Bed and Breakfast that features 20 rooms in a classic Vermont mansion. Enjoy a full service breakfast and 24-hour coffee service while enjoying the quaint countryside outside your window. edit
- Courtyard by Marriott, 309 Court Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-7600, . edit
- Inn On the Green, 71 S Pleasant Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-7512, . edit
- Greystone Motel, 1395 U.S. 7, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-4935, . edit
- The Waybury Inn, 457 E Main Street, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-4015, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. edit
- Sugar House Motel, 202 Ethan Allen Hwy, Middlebury, VT, ☎ +1 802 388-2770 fax: +1 802 388-8616, . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 10am. edit
|Routes through Middlebury