The Middle Atlas region of Morocco covers the mountain range as well as nearby cities such as Fez and Meknes.
- Azrou – The Berber town of Azrou is the true capital of the Middle Atlas Mountains.
- Fez – Fez is the former capital of Morocco and one of the oldest and largest medieval cities in the world
- Ifrane – A sleepy and scenic mountain town, home to the prestigious Al-Akhawayn University.
- Itzer – Itzer, a small Berber town southeast of Azrou, overlooks a plateau and the Middle and High Atlas Mountains
- Meknes – A modern, laid back city that offers a welcome break from the tourist crush of nearby Fez
- Zaouiate Oued Ifrane – An actual sleepy and extremely scenic Berber village nestled into the Mid-Atlas.
Azrou - Khenifra: A seven day hike from Azrou to Khenifra, through the cedar forests around Ain Toumliline where barbary macaque live, passing by Lac Afennourir, over Aïn Leuh, the waterfalls of Zawyat Ifrane, Wiwane and the sources of the Oum Rbia.
- AFC Middle Atlas Treks, Itzer, ☎ 212 66 76 55 68, . Enjoy traditional meals, 2 nights lodging in a Berber home, a full day of hiking in one of the Middle Atlas region's most beautiful valleys, and optional cultural activities in the evening. Trek for a good cause, as all profits support the community development projects of Association Atlas... Fil et Couleur. 240 dh. edit
- Middle Atlas Treks (Hassan Bejja), Azrou, ☎ +212 670 182931 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Run by an independent Berber operator, Middle Atlas Treks organises and personalises day and multi-day hiking trips through the Middle Atlas mountains to suit your interests and fitness level. edit