Mattapoisett is a charming town along the southern coast Massachusetts with a large harbor on Buzzards Bay. It's name is thought to come from the Wampanoag native word for "resting place". It is now a classic small coastal town.
Mattapoisett is on Interstate 195.
- Mattapoisett Boatyard, 32 Ned's Point Road, Phone: +1 508-758-3812, Fax: +1 508-758-2527, .
- Brownell Boat Yard, 1 Park St , Phone: +1 508-758-2413, .
- Mattapoisett Historical Museum, 5 Church St., Phone: +1 508-758-2844.
- Ned's Point Lighthouse, Veteran's Memorial Park, email@example.com. This 39 foot stone lighthouse is at a great picnic spot overlooking the harbor. Tours available on summer Thursdays.
- Summer Concerts at Shipyard Park
- Nasketucket State Park, Brandt Beach Road, Phone: +1 508-992-4524. Hike over 200 acres of woods, fields and rocky shoreline.
- Kinsale Inn Restaurant and Pub, 13 Water St. across from Town Wharf, Phone: +1 508-758-4922, . Year round. Built in 1799 this is the oldest seaside inn in the country.
- Turks Market, 83 Marion Rd., Phone: +1 508-758-3117. Family place, good fried food. Cash only.
- Mattapoisett Chowder House & Tavern, 79 Fairhaven Road, Phone: +1 508-758-4782.
- Mattapoisett Inn, 23 Water St. across from Town Wharf, Phone: +1 508-758-9733, .
- Kinsale Inn, 13 Water St., Phone: +1 508-758-4922, .