Maricopa is in Kern County in the San Joaquin Valley of California.
Maricopa is a small community nestled in the southwest corner of the San Joaquin Valley. Agriculture and oil production are the primary employers for the residents.
- Maricopa City Hall, 400 California St, ☎ +1 661 769-8279 (fax: +1 661 769-8130). Tu- F 8AM-5PM. edit
Maricopa rests at the intersection of California Highways 33 and 166. From the west, CA-166 connects Santa Maria and US-101 with Maricopa, about 80 miles of driving. From the east, Maricopa is 23 miles from I-15. From the north, CA-33, also known as the West Side Highway, connects to Maricopa from Taft and Coalinga.
- Lakeview Gusher, Petroleum Club Rd between Kerto and Cadet Rds (N of CA-33 for 1.7 miles, turn right on Kerto Rd, left on Petroleum Club Rd for 1/2 mile.). 24 hours. In 1910, the Lakeview Number One oil well suffered a blowout and oil began to gush from the well. It took 6 months to get the gusher under control during which time over 9 million barrels of oil leaked from the well, the largest oil spill in history. Today, the footings of the well and the oil soaked soil can be seen and the site is marked with a historical plaque and comprehensive information board. Free. edit
- La Salsa Fresco Taqueria Marescos, 616 Poso St, ☎ +1 661 769-8565. edit
- Tina's Diner, 346 California St, ☎ +1 661 769-9495. edit
- Motel 8 Maricopa, 600 Poso St, ☎ +1 661 769-8291 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1 661 769-8852), . checkin: 1PM; checkout: 11AM. edit
- Carrizo Plain National Monument, (CA-33/CA-166 south for 9 miles. Turn right on Soda Lake Rd.), ☎ +1 661 391-6000 (fax: +1 661 391-6041), . A pristine wilderness grassland centered on Soda Lake, a dry saltbed most of the year. The infamous San Andreas Fault runs through the valley and can be seen in the geography of the region. edit
- Taft Area Transit (TAT), ☎ +1 661 763-3822 (fax: +1 661 763-2480), . M-F 7:15AM-5:40PM. TAT does not operate on holidays.. TAT runs a connection between Maricopa and Taft three times a day. $1.50; Children Under 5: Free. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!