Mandeville is a small city in Louisiana. It is located on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain in St. Tammany Parish.
From New Orleans and Metairie, take the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway north across the lake. From the east or west, Mandeville is a short distance south of Interstate 12 on either Highway 59 or Highway 190.
Private automobile is the best way to get in and around. Once in the older part of town, everything can be easily reached by bicycle as well.
The old part of town, with most of the attractions of interest to vistiors, is south of Highway 190 to the lakefront.
Lakeshore Drive runs along the picturesque shore of Lake Pontchartrain, with beautiful old homes and local restaurants along the inland side. The largest concentration of local restaurants and shops are along Girod Street (also called "Gerard Street"; a sign maker's mistake generations ago is still often used). The area along Highway 190 has a modern look, along with many more restaurants and shops. Additional local businesses are scattered around the old town area.
- The old part of town along the Lakefront.
- Fontainebleau State Park  is at the eastern edge of town.
- Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum [] Focuses on Louisiana's unique maritime history.
- Dew Drop Hall  Small historic dance and social hall built in 1895, in remarkably unmodified condition (never even wired for electric lights). Still used for live jazz events a few times a year.
- Northlake Nature Center, US 190 across from Fountainebleau State Park, . trails for hiking and bird watching through forest and bayou.
- Ruby's Roadhouse ; live music in an historic old road house bar.
- Mandeville Trailhead Community Market, 675 Lafitte Street, . open every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Broken Egg 200 Girod St. As the name suggests, mostly egg based dishes, along with other tasty breakfast, brunch, and lunch items.
- Fazzios Restaurant. Italian Food
- Juniper/Java Grotto 301 Lafitte Street  Location is shared by a coffee shop with light eats 6:30a-2p, and a fine restaurant 5p-9p. Tel 624-5330.
- Maxin's Coffee House 11 Girod St. Coffee, smoothies, pastries, soups, sandwiches, wine, and bottled beer. Great view of the lake shore from upstairs deck.
- Times Grill. Great Burgers
- Old Mandeville Cafe 690 Lafitte Street. Coffee and light eats. Bike rental downstairs.
- Rusty Pelican 500 Girod 
- Trey Yeun  600 N. Causeway Blvd (on the access road on the west side of the Causeway a short distance from the lakeshore). Very good upscale Chinese.
- Vianne's 544 Girod Street  Wide variety of teas. Sandwiches snacks chef's specials and high teas. Tel. 624-5638
- Nuvolari's 246 Girod Street . 4-star Creole Italian cuisine.
- Barley Oak 2101 Lakeshore Drive  "Old World Draught House"
- Beach House 124 Girod St.
- Donz on the Lake. Watch the sunset.
- Ruby's Roadhouse 
- Ziggy's 2025 Lakeshore Drive. New business in the historic Lake House location.
There are a few Bed & Breakfasts in town.
Telephone area code is 985.
|Routes through Mandeville