| Quick Facts
|| New Jersey Township Act of 1798 and 1989 (NJSA 40A:63-1 et seq. (PL 1989, c 157)
|| approximately 34,000
| Country code
| Time Zone
|| US Eastern Time Zone-GMT (-)5h standard time, GMT (-)4h daylight saving time
Manalapan is a city of around 34,000 people in Monmouth County.
Manalapan  is in Western Monmouth County, New Jersey. This community is 15 mi (24) from the Jersey Shore and 45 mi (72 km) southwest of New York City
The name, "Manalapan" comes from the Lenape word for land of good bread or good land to settle upon.
Manalapan Township is primarily a suburban area and was originally formed by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 9, 1848, The area was created from existing portions of Freehold Township.
Englishtown was formed as a borough from portions of Manalapan on January 4, 1888, based on the results of a referendum held the previous day.
Yorketown is an unincorporated area located within Manalapan Township.
The Battle of Monmouth was fought in Monmouth Battlefield State Park, which is in Freehold Township and Manalapan.
The city is home to Manalapan High School and the Science/Engineering Specialized Learning Center.
This is a program for students who are gifted in mathematics and science. Prospective students are tested in eighth grade, and throughout all four years of high school, S/E students partake in a rigorous curriculum which includes an Advanced Placement Program (AP) and honors courses.
- Old Bridge Airport (IATA:none, FAA:LID:3N6) Public-use airport located 9.26 km (5 mn) south of the Old Bridge CBD in Middlesex County. The airport is privately owned and situated next to Old Bridge Township Raceway Park.
The City is served by several nearby international and domestic airports
- Newark Liberty International Airport (IATA: EWR, ICAO: KEWR, FAA LID:EWR).
- LaGuardia Airport (IATA: LGA ICAO: KLGA, FAA LID: LGA) .
- Atlantic City Airport (IATA: ACY)  provides some minor domestic service.
Please see the New Jersey article for more detailed information on these airports and services.
While there is no designated station for this particular township, the nearest train station, by distance, is Aberdeen-Matawan, which runs along the North Jersey Coast Line towards New York City/Hoboken and Bay Head. The station situates on the intersection of Main Street & Atlantic Avenue in Matawan, New Jersey, approximately 10 miles/23 minutes away from the northern township border between Marlboro and Manalapan.
U.S Highway 9, New Jersey Turnpike, Route 33, Garden State Parkway, Route 527
- U.S. Route 9 is in the northeast
- State Route 33 passes through near the southern part of the township.
- County routes 522 and 527 traverse the municipality.
- County route 537 follows the southeast border of the township.
Other major roads provide access to the area.
- Garden State Parkway is in bordering Old Bridge
- Interstate 195 is in bordering Millstone Township.
- New Jersey Turnpike Interstate 95 is in East Windsor Township (Exit 8) and bordering Monroe Township (Exit 8A).
New Jersey Transit drop off location Union Hill Road or Gordon’s Corner Rd
Leon's Taxi & Car Service- 28 Harrison Avenue, Englishtown. ☎+1 732 446-1667
First class Limousine -187 Rt. 9 South, Englishtown (732)972-3200
- Monmouth Battlefield State Park, Manalapan, NJ , 347 Freehold Road, ☎ +1 732 462 9616. Historic battlefield site on the site of the longest battle of the American Revolution. The location is now preserved as an 18th century rural setting with wooded areas, fields, orchards, and wetlands with miles and miles of trails, picnic areas, a restored farmhouse edit
- Home of Moses Laird, 25 N Main Street Englishtown. General George Washington, before the Battle of Monmouth, and host to the General, on the night of June 29, 1778 and the days following the battle. edit
- Crest Fruit Farm, 82 Thompsons Grove Rd. Manalapan, ☎ +1 732 462 5669. Pumpkin, apple, and cherry picking during season edit
- The Great Cannonade, 40° 16.805′ N, 74° 19.054′ W. On June 28, 1778, the largest land artillery battle of the American Revolution raged right here! edit
- Manalapan High School, 30 Chruch Rd, ☎ 732-792-7200, . edit
- Manalapan Recreation Center, 120 Rt. 522 & Taylors Mills Road, ☎ +1 732 446-8355 (fax: +1 732 792-1943), . Mon-Fri 8:30AM-4:30PM. Play sports such as, baseball, soccer, football, tennis, hockey. They also have several playgrounds, two rinks and several fields for the other sports. Teams do play at scheduled times, and they also practice. There is a lot of parking available. Summer camp during the summertime. Food and beverages are available at certain times. They also hold events here like the Memorial Day Tournament. edit
- Manalapan Under the Stars An annual community celebration featuring rides, concerts, fireworks, and other activities. Held at the Manalapan Recreation Center.
- Combat Sports, 58 La Valley Road Manalapan, ☎ +1 732-845-9393, . Outdoor Laser Tag venue. Play team oriented games like capture the flag. Players ages 9 yrs and above. edit
- Knob Hill Golf Course, 1 Shinnecock Drive. 18 hole golf course with distinctive front nine, catering to the target golfer. The back nine allows you to hit the ball a little harder and worry less about trouble. edit
- Avanti Salon & Spa, 345 Route 9 South Manalapan, ☎ +1 732 780 0222, . Day spa and salon for women. edit
- Knob Hill Country Lanes Bowling Center, 363 Route 33 East (From New Jersey Turnpike take the exit to Hightstown/Freehold. After the toll plaza bear right and take Route 33 East for 7.5 miles. The Bowling Center will be on your right.), ☎ +1 732-446-6001, . Sun: 9AM-11PM, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur: 9AM-12AM, Fri, Sat: 9AM-1AM. Competitive league and fun league bowling, children’s birthday parties, corporate events, cosmic bowling, fund raising events/tournament. Video games and an arcade. Snack bar with food and beverages, including alcoholic ones. Private rooms available for a party or an event rooms with a host/hostess. Shoe rental and bowling balls. Something to do for all ages. edit
- Monster Mini Golf, 314 Rt. 9 North Marlboro, NJ 0772, ☎ (732) 414-2900, . Open Tue-Thu 2pm-9pm; Fri 2pm-10pm; Sat 12pm-10pm; Sun 12pm-8pm edit
- Fireball Mountain, 1959 Englishtown Road, Old Bridge, ☎ (609) 752-5032, . Family fun paintball, suitable for ages 10+. Discounts available in local Rt. 9 shopper, come experience at time of your life. edit
- Party Gym Inc, 310 US Highway 9 Englishtown, New Jersey 07726, ☎ (718) 605-0000, . Children's Party & Play Center Party Gym Inc is a one-stop provider of fun for the family in New Jersey edit
Gateway National Recreation Area The Sandy Hook section of this recreation area is within Monmouth County.
- Freehold Raceway Mall, 3710 US Highway 9 Freehold, ☎ +1 732 303-1807, . Shopping for all with many designer stores such as Nordstroms, Express, Macys, Lord and Taylor, Coach, and Footlocker. edit
- Best Buy, 15 US Highway 9 Manalapan, ☎ +1 732 761-8445, . For electronic needs in a large super store. edit
- Wegmans, 55 US Highway 9 South, Manalapan, ☎ +1 732 625-4100, . One of the largest supermarkets with many prepared food selections. edit
- Yorktown Shoping Center, 300 Gordons Corner Rd, Manalapan, NJ 07726. Come local shopping center, newly remolded with stores such as; Fiargos, Pennie Shop, Belize Tans, and Elite Fitness. edit
- Harmon, 357 US Highway 9 # 19 Englishtown, NJ 07726-5125, ☎ (732) 972-0663, . We got all your hair essentials, and much more. Come check us out right new to Mezza Lunas. edit
- Target, 55 US Highway 9 Manalapan, NJ 07726, ☎ 732- 294-5190, . Everything you need, we got from beauty to grocery. Also our great customer service you'll be happy when you leave. edit
- Foodtown, 9 Tennent Avenue, Manalapan, ☎ (732) 536-7728, . Local Grocery store with freshly prepared meals, sandwich station, deli counter, and great fish selection. edit
- Pino's Italian Restaurant, 448 US Hwy 9, ☎ +1 732 972-6663. Italian cuisine, with full bar, and valet parking lot. Casual attire and acceptable for family dinners. edit
- Damon's Grill, 180 US Highway 9 Englishtown-828, ☎ +1 732 617-2822, . A local sports bar and grill. Ribs, wings, burgers, nachos, with specials all week. Fireplace in a quiet dining room. Full service bar located in the middle of the restaurant. edit
- Peking Pavilion, 110 State Route 33 Manalapan, ☎ +1 732 308-9700, . Chinese cuisine with full service bar, acceptable for family with casual attire. edit
- Dusal's Pizza, 340 Union Hill Road Manalapan, NJ 07726 ((It is across from the shopping center with Wawa and Rosie Posie's in it. It is next to a barber and Pastosa's. It is also next to another shopping center on Union Hill. There is a stop light right before it.)), ☎ 732-536-4089, . 10:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. daily. It is a great and friendly pizza place that gives you that small town feeling. On top of being a pizza place they also have a great restaurant attached, which is great for family dinners. The people there are really kind and friendly. They do not deliver, but they are definitely worth a drive. $9-$15. edit
- WaWa, 345 Union Hill Road, Manalapan, ☎ (732) 536-9679, . Franchise convenient store, with top of the line products, great coffee, deli station and fresh fruit daily. edit
- Michael's Cucina Italia, 333 US Highway 9 Englishtown, NJ 07726-3271, ☎ (732) 409-4777. Great Italian food, great bread, service, fair pricing, large portion meals. edit
- La Rosa Chicken & GrillLa, 285 Gordons Corner Rd # 7 Manalapan, NJ 07726-3343, ☎ (732) 536-0710, . Great prepared chicken, grilled, fried, in a sandwich, you name it they do it. edit
- Yo Mon Gourmet Yogurt. editYo Mon Gourmet Yogurt is a recently new establishment that is family owned. The purpose of Yo Mon is plain and simple, customer satisfaction. Upon arrival you are greeted at the door by an employee where you are offered an array of options. You choose the flavor of your yogurt and all of the toppings that compliment it. Be careful though when ordering because you are charged by the ounce, and it adds up quickly. Yo Mon offerers multiple combos for flavors where you can mix and match, and offers a variety of toppings. Never expect to be in and out because the line is always out the door during season.
- Olde Silver Tavern Bar, 149 County Road 522, Manalapan, . In the heart of Manalapan with karaoke Saturdays. edit
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill, 55 US Highway 9, Manalapan, ☎ +1 732 683-0022, . edit
- Lounge Cafe, 318 US Highway 9, Englishtown, ☎ +1 732 617-8077. edit
- Yo Mon Gourmet Yougurt. edit
The city and surrounding area has a raising crime rate. Use care and common sense especially if moving about the district at night, on your own or in areas in which you may easily become disorientated.
Manalapan Township has a Police Department.
- Manalapan Township Police Department (In an emergency always call 911), 120 Freehold Road, ☎ +1 723 466-4300, Traffic +1 732 446-8383. 24 hr. edit
- 911 for immediate attention by the Police, Fire Department and to summon Emergency Medical Assistance.
Local governement services
- Manalapan Township administration ☎ +1 732 446-3200
- NJ Natural Gas ☎ 800 427-5325
- Centra State Hospital ☎ +1 732 431-2000
- Jersey Shore Medical Center ☎ +1 732 775-5500
- Monmouth Medical Center ☎ +1 732 222-5200
- Raritan Bay Medical Center ☎ +1 732 360-1000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital ☎ +1 732 828-3000
New York City can be easily reached through U.S. Route 9 North, following the signs. Public transport regularly services passengers toward New York City through bus lines: 139 (regular service between Lakewood and New York City Port Authority Bus Terminal, or "PABT"), 132 (same as 139, but express between Gordon's Corner Road and Old Bridge), and 130 (express between PABT and Union Hill Road Park & Ride in the neighboring Marlboro Township).
Crawford Hill the former site of a radar facility, is the county's highest point at least 380 feet (116 m) above sea level. The top portion of the hill is owned by Alcatel-Lucent and houses a research laboratory of Bell Laboratories.
The Locust neighborhood of Middletown Township
Monmouth County a mecca of boating and fishing. Its waterways include several rivers and bays
New York Harbor
Jamaica Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.
Manasquan River, a bay-like body of saltwater that serves as the starting point of the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Middlesex County, New Jersey is to the northwest
- Ocean County, New Jersey is to the south
- Millstone Township is to the immediate south
- Burlington County, New Jersey is to the southwest
- Mercer County, New Jersey is to the west
- Richmond County, New York is to the north
- Queens County, New York is to the northeast
- Marlboro Township is to the immediate northeast
- The Atlantic Ocean lies a short distance and several counties to the east
- Freehold Township is to the immediate east