Mallappally is a city Kerala in India.
The major populations are Christianity and Hinduism. The land derived its name from mallan (meaning strong people) and pally (meaning place), and is believed to have a community of brave aggressive people from the nearby communities.
- Vacation Bible School. Was first introduced during 1953 to 1956 by the CSI Missioners. edit
- The Mallappally Convention. Started in 1912 and is an ancient gathering of Malakara Christian Community, mainly communities of Mar Thoma and CSI. edit
- St.Mary's Church, Kallooppara. One of the oldest christian churches of Kerala. edit
- Kaviyoor Temple, Kaviyoor. One of the oldest stone temples in India. edit
- Shiva Rathri. A legendary Hindu festival, is celebrated at its best and has the greatest gathering in Kerala, after the Alwaye Shiva Rathri. The land is now popularly known as Shiva Rathri Nagar. edit