Makhachkala (Russian: Махачкала́ muh-khuhch-kuh-LAH) is the capital city of Dagestan and the largest city in the North Caucasus.
Domestic flights at Makhachkala's Airport.
A daily train service from Moscow is available, taking two nights. Long-distance connections with Kiev, Novosibirsk and Saint Petersburg among others are 1-2 times each week. All trains heading to and from Baku also calls here.
- Anzhi Makhachkala - the local football club.
- Beach - Makhachkala beach is one of the most lively and beautiful beaches on the Caspian sea
- Bazar - Makhachkala Bazar worth to visit. You can find souvenirs for low prices and besides see the people's daily life
- Swim in Makhachkala resort - or simply enjoy the beautiful beach
- Paragliding - is also fun. Due to wind on beach you can have a lot of fun.
- Fishing at Caspian sea
Anzhi Makhachkala football club's jursey etc.
Dagestan's traditional dress and many more come Makhachkala go places you will have fun.
- Khinkal - A very traditional Dagestan food. Though you can find different variants in other places in Caucasus, in Dagestan Khinkals are made in a special way, and taste completely different
- Shashlik - Shashlik is especial style of BBQ common in all areas Iranian cultural hemisphere, including Dagestan. Though Dagestani Shashlik has a lot of things which are not common in other areas.
Eat at KFC etc.
Famous shaverma of Makhachkala.
Many many types of breads, pizzas, burgers, meat, chicken and many more.
Bring your own bottled water.
Uytash Airport between Makhachkala and Kaspijsk.
Catch the local bus to Derbent, one of the most impressive cities in the world.