Mahad is a city in the Raigad District in Konkan.So many people having this wrong impression that it is famous for Ganesh Temple which is one of the 8 Ashtavinayak temples,but there are two cities having similar name.The city which comes in Raigad district is not place among the Ashtavinayak.
 Get in
- From Mumbai Mahad can be reached by road from Mumbai by NH17. All State transport buses going towards South Kokan stops at Mahad. Mumbai Mahad distance is 175km.
- From Pune Many state transport buses runs between Pune and Mahad. There are two routs to reach Mahad from Pune one is via Bhor-Varandha Ghat and another new route is Via Tamhini ghat. Mahad Pune distance is around 105km.
 By train
Mahad is not on rail line Konkan railway but nearest rail station is Veer which is 16km from Mahad towards Mumbai on NH17
All passager trais and very few express stops at Veer.
- KR3 +RATNAGIRI PASS DADAR(15:35) VEER(20:22)
- KR5 +DIVA SWV PASS PANVEL(07:05) VEER(09:58)
 Get around
Pali one of the 'Ashtavinayak' on the Khopoli-Alibaug diversion where one goes to Pali
- Chavadar Tale (It is name of Lake)
- Raigad Fort (Samadhi (Tomb) of the Great Maratha warrior Shivaji Maharaj who brought the Hindu revolution in Islamic India)
- Buddha Civilian Caves
- Hot water springs at Village SAV
- Old Shiva Temple (Vireshwar Mandir)
- Shivtharghal The Great Maharashtrian Saint Ramdas had written the great holy book Dasbodh here.
- Great Water Falls and green natural beauty.
- Land of Freedom Fighters and revolutionary freedom moment of India.
- Old River Port from where small commercial and traveler launches (boats) travel to the Bay of the Arabian Sea via the river way
 Get out