Magnolia is a city in Timberlands region of Arkansas.
Magnolia is located off HWY 79, southwest of Pine Bluff, AR. Bounding south, at the intersection of HWY 79 and 82 E. you'll find Magnolia's business district. The closest major cities are Texarkana, TX; Little Rock, AR; and Shreveport, LA. These three cities are major not only for its commerce, but for its airports as well. The best way route of transportation is a motor vehicle, but If you need to fly in, you will need to come into one of these airport locations and then rent a car!
Magnolia is pretty large in acreage, but the bulk of its commerce, residences, and other facilities are located radially from the court square. If you know North St., Jackson St., Vine St., Main St.(US HWY 371 S. and 82 E.),and US HWY 79 you can get anywhere and everywhere in the city. These streets take you to the churches, banks, eateries, shops, etc. the town has to offer. Not to mention, most of these streets take you to the historical Court Square!
- Magnolia Trees Magnolia derives it name from the approximately one-hundred-and-fifty-year-old (per the Hester Brothers' best recollection) Magnolia trees that surround the downtown courthouse. The downtown area is clean, vital and features several murals chronicling Magnolia's history.
- World Championship Steak Cook-Off, which has been featured on the Food Network. The festival takes place on the third weekend in May and is a popular stop for Arkansas politicians stumping for office.
- Southern Arkansas University (SAU). SAU is known for its world-class rodeo team and agricultural business program.
- Wilson Memorial Garden Just off the square. Magnolia is overflowing with its magnificent art and murals, but as a new structure, this garden is absolutely breath taking from the waterfalls to the vast collection of botanicles.
- Lake Columbia West of city, Enjoy fishing and water sports.
- Logoly State Park North of city
- Magnolia Plaza(contains various department stores,next to wal-mart)
HWY 79 Bypass North Magnolia,Ar
- Murphy's Jewelers
Retail/Jewelers 107 South Court Square 870-234-3072
- Factory Connection
Retail 1625 E. Main
Retail 60 Hwy 79 Bypass North 870-234-7800
Retail 1517 C East Main (870) 901-6228
- Buffaloes II
Clothing 109 N. Jefferson 870-234-2932
Clothing 117 South Court Square 870-234-6356
Clothing 108 N. Court Square 870-234-1225
- Lois Gean's, Inc.
Clothing 109 S. Jackson Street 870-234-1250
- Stage Department Store
Clothing University Plaza Shopping Center (870) 234-1997
- Staci's Cosmetics, Inc.
Cosmetics 116 N. Washington 870-234-1255
- Merle Norman and Chameleon
Cosmetics & Gifts 115 S. Court Square 870-234-5773
- Horizon Electronics- Radio Shack
Electronics 711 East Main 870-234-8438
- Simply Beautiful II
Gifts 108 South Washington 870-234-0095
- The Treasure Chest
Gifts & Assessories E. Court Square
- Stephens Olde Tyme Country Store
Gifts & Pool Supplies 101 N Jefferson Magnolia, AR 71753 870-234-7662
- Magnolia Arts
Art Center 116 S. Washington 870-235-5274
- Magnolia Printing & Discount Imaging
Office Supplies & Printing 102 North Washington 870-234-1091
- Shoe Box
Shoes 102 S. Washington
- Allison's Vacuum Store & Candle Corner
Vacuum 612H East Main 870-234-1922
Clothing 106 N. Court Square 870-234-4122
- Backyard BBQ 1407 E Main St., offers some of the best baby back ribs in the state and has the awards to prove it.
100 E. University Magnolia, AR
- Bayou Bistro
1210 N. Jackson Magnolia, AR
- Cancun Mexican Restaurant
301 E. Main Magnolia, AR
- Chen Chen
309 Fredrick St. Magnolia, AR (870)234-3100
- Dairy Queen
501 E. Main Magnolia, AR (870) 234-4741
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
2051 N. Jackson Magnolia, AR 870-234-5114
- Marlar's Cafeteria
2116 N. Vine Magnolia, AR 870-234-6900
1127 East Main Street Magnolia, AR 870-234-7782
- Miller's Cafeteria
2402 N. Vine Magnolia, AR
- Mules Cantina
100 S. Washington Magnolia, AR (870) 234-6668
- Ole Feed House
2410 North Dudney Magnolia, AR 870-234-1319
- Pizza Inn
915 E. Main Magnolia, AR
201 E. Church Street Warren, AR
- Taco Bell
1521 East Main Street Monticello, AR 870-234-0044
- The Rails
1701 E. North Magnolia, AR
- Bayou Bistro*
[*]Columbia County prohibits the selling/distribution of alcohol unless through a special liscence that allows you to facilitate such a service and in that case a small fee is imposed.
- Best Western Coachman's Inn
420 East Main Street Magnolia, AR 870-234-6122
- Quality Inn, Hospitality Investments, LLC
100 East Main St., Magnolia, AR 870-234-3612
- Save Inn
301 E. Main Street Magnolia, AR 870-234-5286
- The Loft on the Square Guest Suites
105 1/2 South Court Square Magnolia, AR 870-901-6300
- Magnolia Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 866 621 E. North Magnolia, AR 71753 Phone: 870-234-4352 Fax: 870-234-9291
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|