The meeting of the Thompson and Fraser Rivers in Lytton
Lytton  is in a village in British Columbia's Fraser Canyon. It overlooks the convergence of two of BC's largest rivers -- the Thompson and the Fraser -- and is a center for white-water rafting.
Lytton is on the Trans-Canada Highway 1 between Vancouver and Kamloops. It is approximately 3.5 hours from Vancouver and 1.5 hours north of Hope.
- Skihist Provincial Park, (Highway 1 - 6km North of Lytton), ☎ 1 (250) 455-2708 (May to September), . A convenient overnight camping spot for travelers on Highway #1, this is also a popular base camp for visitors enjoying river rafting, fishing, and exploring the Thompson River area. Awe-inspiring views of the Thompson Canyon and quiet strolls on the old Cariboo Wagon Road bring to mind the difficulties encountered by early travellers traversing the western mountain ranges. An introduced herd of elk thrives nearby. Arrangements for guided river rafting trips may be made in Lytton or Spences Bridge. (50.2571,-121.5182) edit
- Skihist Mountain, . Skihist Mountain is the highest mountain in the Cantilever Range and in southwestern British Columbia, Canada. (50.187778,-121.903333) edit
The village stakes claim to the title of Rafting Capital of Canada, and with three rivers nearby, it offers many white water options. There are a number of companies in town, just off the highway, that offer tours.
- Hyak River Rafting, 176 Trans Canada Hwy, Lytton, B.C., ☎ 1 800 663-RAFT (7238) (firstname.lastname@example.org), . White water rafting down the Thompson River, and absolutely insane parties if you want to camp with them! edit
- Totem Motel, 320 Fraser St, ☎ +1 250-455-2321. 12 cottage-style units; some have kitchens and family suites. edit
- Tourism BC, . Tourism BC's advice on Lytton edit
- Hells Gate Airtram, 43111 Trans Canada Hwy, Boston Bar (48 km south of Lytton), ☎ 604-867-9277, . Open daily April to mid-Oct, 10AM-4PM (open until 5PM from mid-May to early Sept). Gondola ride over the white water of the Fraser Canyon. It has a gift shop, cafe, fisheries exhibit and other small activities. $11/$17 (youth/adult). edit