Lydney is a small town in the county of Gloucestershire. It is located between the Forest of Dean and the River Severn on the A48.
- Lydney can be reached by road from the A48 running from Gloucester and Chepstow where you can access the M5 and M4.
- Lydney railway station is located on the Gloucester - Newport line. Arriva Trains Wales  operates hourly services from Cheltenham Spa-Maesteg/Cardiff Central. CrossCountry also operate the Cardiff Central-Nottingham route via Birmingham New Street, which runs six times daily from Monday - Saturday.
- There are a number of bus service from Lydney Bus Station linking Lydney with local towns and villages, as well as to Gloucester and Chepstow.
- Visit the Dean Forest Railway  which is based at the Norchard Steam Centre, on the B4234 Forest Road between Lydney and Whitecroft, about 9 miles from Chepstow. Entrance is free on non-passenger train days. An example of steam train fares is Adult: £6.50, Senior: £5.50, Child aged 5 to 16: £4.50, child under 5 is free, for all day, travel as many times as you like. But see the web site for alternatives: .
- Walking within the town is possible, however if you plan to travel around the Forest then driving is essential.
- There are several taxi companies operating in Lydney. It is advisable to book in advance as, especially during peak times, supply is limited.
- There are also a few bus services operating in and around Lydney, however these are infrequent and only cover small parts of the town.
- Romano-Celtic Temple at Lydney Park. The site was archeologically excavated in the 1920s by Sir Mortimer Wheeler, with the assistance of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Green Man and the Gatekeeper, Now at Taurus Crafts, The Old Park, Lydney GL15 6BU (On the A48, Chepstow road from Lydney to Taurus Crafts - Look for the Bull sculpture on your right.), ☎ 01594843860, . 11.0 to 5.00 daily. Inspired by History, Tradition and Heritage - Original, unique gifts in leather, ceramics and pewter. We also produce our own range of original greetings cards.
Green Man Plaques • Bags • Belts • Masks • Jewellery • Brooches • Badges • Miniatures • Greetings Cards and more. edit
- The Deangate Motel. editoffers affordable, modern accomodation.