Lure National Park (Albanian: Parku Kombetar i Lures) is in Northeastern Albania of Albania (41° 47′ 0″ N, 20° 11′ 0″ E
Flora and fauna
From Tirana, follow SH1, turn right at Milot on the A1 and exit at Rreshen. Follow SH34 unpaved road. Ask locals for directions as they are very courteous.
There are no fees to be payed.
A 4x4 vehicle is a must on these difficult terrains.
- Lura Lakes. A total of 14 glacial lakes surrounded by pine trees dating back thousands of years. Visit the Flowers Lake where a legend says that when the sun goes out, the flowers deep underneath the water and vice versa. But be aware that the years of political transition have left their mark on the park as the area has suffered from considerable illegal logging.
- Alpine lock-in towers made from stone as testimony of the bloodfeud tradition
- Visit Albanian independence signatory Dom Nikoll Kacorri's museum house
- Camp in the area to taste the region's natural beauty such as flowing streams in the picturesque meadows.
- Hike to Kurora e Neshtes peak at 2051 meters and Bruci Lake overlooking surrounding mountain peaks and some towns as far as Durres
- Organic diary products
- Cold water trout
- Local Flower Honey
- Fresh water from numerous water sources
Lura has two hotels. Contact Hasan Hoti, an owner of one hotel.