West Quoddy Head - The most eastern point in the lower 48 United States
Lubec  is a town in the Down East region of Maine along the coast. Lubec is the easternmost town in the United States of America.
- Bangor International Airport, Bangor, Phone: +1 207 947-0384, .
- Bar Harbor Airport, Bar Harbor, Phone: +1 207 667-7329, . Smaller and served by only one or two airlines.
From the South or West
- Interstate 95 North all the way to Interstate 395 East, just before the center of Bangor. Take exit 6A - Alternate Route 1, which takes you to Ellsworth. (After Ellsworth there is no place to eat after 8PM.) Turn due East onto coastal Route 1 to Milbridge. At Milbridge stay on Route 1 through Harrington, Columbia Falls, Machias and Whiting. At Whiting, turn right onto SR 189, and follow signs to Lubec and Campobello Island.
- For a more scenic, slower route, take Route 1 all the way from Freeport or take Route 3 from Augusta to Belfast and then Route 1 north and east to Lubec.
From the Canadian Maritimes
- If you are passing through U.S. Customs at the border of St. Stephen, New Brunswick and Calais, go south on U.S. Route 1 to Whiting, then turn left on SR 189 to Lubec.
- Roosevelt Campobello International Park, Rt. 189 to FDR Memorial Bridge to Campobello Island, Canada, Phone: (506) 752-2922, . Grounds open dawn to dusk year round. Franklin D. Roosevelt's summer island home. Administered by a commission composed of members from both the United States and Canada. The park is owned, funded, and staffed by people from both countries. The Park Commission website is an important reference. Passport required.
- Visit the Edmund S. Muskie Visitor Center, which contains exhibits and a video interpreting the Roosevelt story. Saturday following Victoria Day (the Saturday prior to U.S. Memorial Day) through Canadian Thanksgiving (U.S. Columbus Day) daily 10AM-6PM ADT (9AM-5PM EDT). Canadian Thanksgiving (U.S. Columbus Day) through October 31, daily 10AM-5PM ADT (9AM-4PM EDT).
- Tour FDR's 34-room summer home to see what it looked like when he and his family lived there. Saturday following Victoria Day (the Saturday prior to U.S. Memorial Day) through Canadian Thanksgiving (U.S. Columbus Day) daily 10AM-6PM ADT (9AM-5PM EDT).
- Walk through beautiful flower gardens.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Mulholland Point Lighthouse or one of the other scenic picnic areas.
- Hike the wooded paths and fields of the park's 2,800-acre (1,134-hectare) natural area.
- West Quoddy Lighthouse and Visitor Center, South Lubec Road, Phone: +1 207 733-2180, . Memorial Day Weekend to mid-October 10:10AM-4PM. Picturesque red-striped lighthouse is the most eastern in the US. Visitor center is housed in the 1858 lighthouse keeper's quarters. Exhibits and docents. Nice picnic area and views. Free.
- Le Cadeau Originals Gallery, 53 Carrying Place Cove Road, Phone: +1 207 733-2940, . June-Sept W-Su 11AM-4PM. Original weaving, knitting, local photography.
- Info Stop, 135 Main Street at the Lubec Historical Society, ☎ 207-733-2997, . Tourist information, local tours, Historical Society Museum edit
- South Lubec Sand Bar (Birding Paradise), Bar Road, Lubec, ME 04652 (On South Lubec Road heading towards West Quoddy Head Lighthouse.), . all hours. The South Lubec Sand Bar is debatably one of the top ten places to bird in Maine. It has extensive mudflats surrounding the site, which provide feeding and roosting habitat for a wide variety of shorebirds and is an important stopover for migratory birds. A wonderful destination for birding enthusiasts! edit
- Quoddy Head State Park, . May 15-October 15. Four and one-half miles of trails on over 500 acres. Forest, coastal and bog trails. Fee charged.
- The Mary Potterton Memorial Free Concert Series, at the Congregational Church, . Wednesdays at 7:30PM from the last Wednesday in June, through the last Wednesday in August.
- Fishing and Hunting.
- Cross-Country Skiing, Snowmobiling, Ice Fishing, Snowshoeing.
- Tours of Lubec and Cobscook, 135 Main Street, Lubec, ME, ☎ 207-733-2997, . vary. Local tours including history of Lubec and Campobello, Intertidal Shore, Bogs and the Ice Age, Lighthouses, Tide Mill Organic Farm edit
- Quoddy Regional Land Trust, 352 US Route 1 Whiting ME, ☎ 207 733 5509, . 9-5. Visit Mowry Beach and Pike Lands Conservation Areas located in Lubec and are open to hiking and daytime non-motorized use. Get your copy of the “Cobscook Trails” a guide to hiking in the area. Please contact us for more information. QRLT is a non-profit conservation organization. edit
- Mulholland Gallery and Gift Shop, 50 Water Street (downtown , part of Lubec Landmarks and the McCurdy Smokehouse Complex), ☎ 207 733-2197. 10-4 Tu-Su. Gallery showings of area artists and craftspeople. Gift shop features local and maritime gifts . Jewelry,hand made craft items, art , and yarns. edit
- Murphy's Village Restaurant, 122 Main Street, Phone: +1 207 733-4440. Daily year round.
- Cohill's Inn (Formerly the Lighthouse Inn), 7 Water Street, Phone: +1 207 733-4300. Open Year Round,  - Call for reservations.
- The Home Port Inn and Restaurant, 45 Main Street, Tel: 207-733-2077, Toll-free: 1-800-457-2077, . Daily. Call for reservations.
- Uncle Kippy's Seafood Restaurant, Main Street, Lubec, ☎ 207-733-2400. edit
- West Quoddy Gifts, 16 Loon Lane Lubec ME 04652 (One Mile Before Quoddy Head State Park on the Left), ☎ 207-733-2457, . Summer 10-5. The Easternmost Gift Shop in the United States. Specializing West Quoddy and other lighthouse souvenirs, gifts, gourmet foods, local crafts. One of a kind tees and sweats with our own designs. edit
- West Quoddy Gifts, 16 Loon lane, Lubec ME 04652 (One Mile Before Quoddy Head State Park on the Left), ☎ 207-733-2457, . Call - Summer Hours 10-5. The Easternmost Gift Shop in the United States! Specializing in West Quoddy and area lighthouse souvenirs and gifts, gourmet foods, books, local crafts. One of a kind tees and sweatshirts with our own designs that you will not find anywhere else in the world! Courteous friendly service, in business since 1990! edit
- Crow Town Gallery, 406 South Lubec Rd, ☎ 733 8860, . Crow Town Gallery is currently featuring the works of Lubec artist Bonnie Beard has well as hosting musical events produced by Cobscook Bay Music edit
Annabell's Pub, 32 Water Street, Tel: 207-733-2999
- Eastland Motel, 385 County Road, Phone: +1 207 733-5501, . 20 rooms.
- Quoddy Head Station, Toll free: 1-877-535-4714, . Vacation rentals at restored Coast Guard Station. Beautiful views from your perch on the easternmost point.
- Cohill's Inn (Formerly the Lighthouse Inn), 7 Water Street, Phone: +1 207 733-4300. Open Year Round, www.cohillsinn.com - Call for reservations.
- Away From it All (Village Propert Services LLC), ☎ 207.733.2211 (email@example.com), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Lovely vacation homes. Oceanside, oceanview, village and remote available in Lubec and surrounding area. edit
- Lubec Bay Cottage (Catherine Mettey), 450 South Lubec Road, Lubec, ME 04652 (firstname.lastname@example.org), ☎ 207-645-9723, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 10AM. A Picture-Book Oceanfront cottage nestled in a garden oasis. Situated on 3 oceanfront acres of lush meadows and wild flowers, the cottage is surrounded by bird-friendly perennial gardens, sea roses and other ornamental shrubs and trees. Sleeps 4, 2 bedrooms; 2 baths. Spectacular views from deck, balcony and seaside sitting area that is adjacent to the renowned birding reserve, South Lubec Sand Bar. Private artist studio on property. Close to West Quoddy Head Lighthouse and State Park, Downtown Lubec, and Campobello Island, CAN. It's like coming home - we supply extra amenities that other rentals don't even think of - it's our way of treating our guests extra special. An extraordinary cottage that you will look forward to returning to after a day of adventure! edit
- Lubec Rental Properties, LLC (Jody Grimes), PO Box 307, Lubec, ME 04652 (email@example.com), ☎ 207-733-4748, . checkin: 5PM; checkout: 10AM. Offering Quality Vacation Rental Homes – 14 rental homes in Lubec. Prices range from $450 to $1,500 per week. Properties range from sandy beach front apartment, to secluded saltwater farm estate, to grand Victorian style, to simple cottages, to cozy log cabins, to ocean front New Englanders. Properties rent by the week during summer. Some are also available by the day, month, or season during spring, fall and winter months. Enjoy the comfort of having your own “home” on the shore while visiting beautiful Down East Maine. $450 - $1500. edit
- Spring and Summer Downeast Lodgings, 4 Spring Street, ☎ 207- 733- 2196, . Comfortable self-catering accommodations on a tree-lined street in the center of the village, close to all amenities and SummerKeys. Available as an apartment with three bedrooms, kitchenette, two lounges, and full bath, or by the room. Off street parking, use of laundry facilities included. Moderate rates, discounts for 5 or more nights, also for off-season stays. edit
Bed and breakfasts
- Bay Views Bed & Breakfast, 6 Monument Street, Phone: +1 207 733-2181.
- Betsy Ross Lodging, 61 Water Street, Phone: +1 207 733-8942. Six rooms.
- The Home Port Inn and Restaurant, 45 Main Street, Phone: +1 207 733-2077, Toll-free: 1-800-457-2077, .
- The Peacock House, 27 Summer St, Toll free: 1-888-305-0036, Phone: +1 207 733-2403, .
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!