The Galilee (Hebrew: הגליל HaGalil, Arabic: الجليل al-Jalīl) is a northern region of Israel, generally a forested highland area with relatively sparse population. Its landscape and historical associations make it a great draw for the traveller.
- Afula — a medium sized town, not very interesting on itself, but it is the largest city in the Jezreel Valley
- Amirim — a vegetarian village
- Acre - Acre is a Ottoman walled city which built on remains of the famous Crusader city. Acre is also the holiest city for Baha'i faith
- Beth Shean — explore the remains of Canaanite, Egyptian and Romano-Byzantine cities
- Gush Halav (Jish) - the only surviving Maronite village in Israel with Roman and Talmudic remains, also houses good Lebanese restaurants.
- Karmiel - a medium sized town located in the Beit HaKerem Valley which divides upper and lower Galilee. Hosts the yearly national dance festival
- Metula — known as being the northernmost populated place in Israel
- Nahariyya — boasts the Montfort Castle, a crusader castle located in a beautiful forested area east of town
- Nazareth — acording to Bible, the hometown of Jesus, now the largest Arab city in Israel
- Pekiin (Buqe'a) - an old mixed city with Druze, Muslim, Christian and Jewish sites, it is also the last stronghold of native Jews in the Land of Israel.
- Qiryat Shemona — town in the far north of Israel, the name translates as "the town of the Eight"
- Rosh Pina - a stylish touristic town with multiple restaurants and a 19th Century reconstruction site
- Safed — this fascinating city is filled with artists and mystics, boasting home to ARI, who established Kaballah
- Tiberias — located on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee, a modern resort town with an ancient background
- Belvoir Castle — a magnificently-located crusader castle located high above the Sea of Galilee
- Beth Shean Valley — the core of the north Jordan River valley
- Beth Shearim — Jewish catacombs from the Roman period
- Tel Dan - the largest water spring in the Middle East with a beautiful nature reserve and the remains of a Canaanite town. It includes the Gate of Abraham which is among the world earliest attested arch structures.
- Tel Hazor — the largest ancient ruin in modern Israel
- Hula Nature Reserve - a world class site for migrating birds' birdwatching
- Jezreel Valley — an extensive inland valley, largely rural, extending inland from east of Haifa to the Jordan Valley
- Kibbutz Geva — one of the original kibbutzim still not privatized, this kibbutz found by settlers from Poland and Russia is popular among travellers for short and long-term volunteeringץ
Rosh HaNikra/Ras an-Naqura, near the Lebanese border crossing.
- Megiddo — an ancient Canaanite and Israelite city and the location of several key battles, both ancient and modern
- Korazim - a Talmudic town overlooking the Sea of Galilee. It features the remains of a lovely basalt synagogue.
- Mount Tabor - the site of the Transfiguration of Jesus
- Cana - the site of the Marriage at Cana
- Arbel a ruins of an ancient synagogue can be found little bit before the entrance to the National Park, the National Park himself includes hiking zone on the cliff and ruins of fortress.
- Nabi Shuaib the holiest place of worship for Druze religion and also a perfect architecture site.
- Horns of Hattin - the spot of the famous battle of Hattin between Crusader army and Saladin's army.
- Mount Meron — Israel's highest mountain, if excluding the Golan Heights, at 1208 meters above sea level with several hiking trails.
- Sea of Galilee (Kinneret) — diverse landscapes and settlements around the lake, many with connections to the life of Jesus and holy also to Judaism, the Lake also includes many important arhcaeological sites surrounding it.
- Zippori — an archaeological site with the best preserved mosaics in a Roman town
- Nain - marks the site of the Raising of the son of the widow of Nain.
- Bethlehem of the Galilee - a German Templar town from the 19th Century
- Bar'am Ancient Synagogue - probably the most impressive remains of an ancient synagogue worldwide, dates back to the 5th century.
- Rosh HaNikra - a Cliff on the bitch with Geysers within them, you can also find many Rock Hyrax there, you should take cable car to be there. located little bit south to the border crossing with Lebanon.
- Gan Ha'Shlosa National Park - Natural warm water pool near Beit She'an. Maintains a year-round temperature of 28C.
Hebrew. In some Arab villages you can talk Arabic. English is widely understood.
Church of the Tranfiguration in Mount Tabor.
While some destinations are accessible using public transport, a car is necessary for visiting many of the destinations in the Galilee.
- A number of Druze villages have an interesting and distinctive culture.
- Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai is buried in the town of Meron, near Safed. Once a year on "Lag beOmer" (around May), hundreds of thousands of Israelis gather to Meron to celebrate the rabbi and his legacy of kabbalistic learning.
- Galilee Olive Festival - any year, several olive presses around the Galilee housing the festival, Jews, Muslims, Christians and Druze alike will hosts you in their Olive factories, will teach you how to make olive oils and selling products!
- Celebrate Christmas in Nazareth, the city of the Annunciation where the second most important mass is, enjoy some Arab food and Music and also buy souvenirs and walk across the Old City of Nazareth and visit historic and holy sites for Christianity and Islam.
- Nabi Shuaib is the holiest shrine for Druze religion, the feast Ziyarat al-Nabi Shuaib includes a big celebrations and Druze from all around Israel are coming to visit the holy shrine, leaders from the Israeli Knesset (and at least the prime minister himself!) and from many other religious sects are coming to congratulate the Druze community, the feast starts from 25th April to 28th.
- Dvorat Hatavor - Honey farm, Moshav Shadmot Dvora (On road 767 just off the northern road 65), ☎ +972-6769598, . 09:00-15:00. A unique visitors center located at the foot of Mount Tavor in the Galilee. A live demonstration of the production of silk and honey as it was done in biblical times and up to this day. The tour also include explanations regarding the healing capacities of honey and its products. The visitors center includes all the necessary facilities for the visitors convenience and enjoyment: toilets, kiosk, gift shop and an art gallery. The visitors center is open every day, call to schedule a visit. edit
- Diana HaHadasha, 5053 Street 1, Al-Muttran, Nazareth, ☎ 077-515-6168. Arabic food at it's finest. Chef restaurant with great meat, and very filling salad starters edit
- Limosine Steakhouse, 1 Horesh Ha'Alonim Street, Ramat Yishai, ☎ 04-953-3173. One of the best meat restaurants in Israel edit
- Teshreen, Spring Square (Hamaayan Square), Nazareth, ☎ 04-608-4666. Modern meets traditional in this incredible Arab fusion cuisine. A Delicious Mix of East and West edit
- By the river, Kibbutz Kineret (Near the baptism location). 19:00-00:00. A very nice local pub in the baptism site edit
Many visitors to the Upper Galilee sleep in a tzimmer - a kind of bed-and-breakfast place run out of a private house. Pretty much every town and village in the Galilee has a few of these.
- Halomot Naftali Boutique Hotel, ☎ 972-4-6802202, . edit
- Naftaly Estate, Moshav Ramot Naftaly, Upper Galilee, . Naftaly Estate is an all wood-structured, boutique hotel built in 2000 on the Ramot Naftaly Moshav in the upper Galilee. edit
- Golden Crown, Mt. of the Precipice 2015 | Nazareth, . The Golden Crown Hotel is situated at the southern entrance to Nazareth - one of the loveliest and most fascinating cities in the world edit
- Villa Galilee Boutique hotel, Hagdud Hashlishi 106 (Har Cnaan, Safed), ☎ +972-4-6999563, . Villa Galilee boutique Hotel & Spa, This unique and charming hotel is desined in the traditional classic European stayle. Our professional spa offers a wide range of treatments. The Chef Resturant La Marjolaine specializes in authentic Galilean cuisine. edit
- Pastoral Kfar Blum Hotel, Pastoral Hotel Kfar Blum, Upper Galilee, 12150 (Kibbutz Kfar Blum, north of the Sea of Galilee.), ☎ (+) 972-4-6836611. Kibbutz Hotel in North Israel facing the Golan and Galilee mountains and close to many local attractions. The Pastoral Kfar Blum offers 189 comfortable rooms, spa, conference center and more. edit
- Golan Rooms (Rural), Moshav Ramot, ☎ +972-4-6731814, . In a hillside in the Golan Heights overlooking the Sea of Galilee, we've built with love and care our 10 Guest Cottages suitable for both families and couples, and surrounded them by a large garden. edit
- Nof Tavor Hotel, P.O.Box 226, Kibbutz Mizra 19312, Israel, ☎ 972-4-6408000. Hotel near Nazareth, located in the Galilee and North Israel. The hotel offers 114 rooms and suitable for individuals, couples, families and business travelers. edit
- Snir Boutique Guesting Hotel, Snir Kibbutz, Israel, ☎ 972-4-6952508. Boutique Hotel in north Israel, Snir hotel is located between the Golan Heights and the Upper Galilee. The hotel offers 22 boutique rooms, surrounded by green lawns and nature. edit
For Carmel Region to southwest, for Central Israel at south, for Golan Heights drive East, for Northern West Bank drive south (access only for tourists, and Israeli Arabs).