Louisbourg is a village on the south-east coast of Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia.
Highway 22 from Sydney is the main road in and out of town. Driving time is approximately 30 minutes. There is no public transit service to Louisbourg; driving or joining an organized tour are the best options to reach the town.
- Fortress of Louisbourg, 259 Park Service Rd, Louisbourg, +1 902 733-2280, . This is a reconstruction of the 18th century fortified French town whose presence plagued the British colonies of New England. Its busy harbor was once one of France's most signifiant economic and military assets in North America. If you enjoy the colonial restoration at Williamsburg in the United States, don't miss Louisbourg. 1 May-30 Jun, 9:30AM-5PM. 1 Jul-31 Aug, 9AM-5PM. 1 Sep-15 Oct, 9:30AM-5PM. Closed 1 Nov-3 Apr.
- Louisbourg Playhouse, 11 Aberdeen Street (Aberdeen & Commercial St), ☎ +1 902 733-2996 (email@example.com), . Local entertainment venue with nightly shows (theater, music, comedy) throughout the summer. edit
- S&L Railway Museum, ☎ +1 902 733-2720. Open daily from 9AM-5PM from mid-May to mid-Oct, with longer hours (8AM-8PM) in July and August. Small museum about the Sydney & Louisbourg Railway. edit
- The Louisbourg Lighthouse. Perched on a rocky bluff overlooking the harbour and Fortress, and starting point for the Louisbourg Lighthouse hiking trail along the coastline.
- Lobster Kettle Restaurant, 41 Strathcona Street, ☎ +1 902 733-2723, . Serves lobster, crab and all things seafood (and a few non-fish items too). Mains $8-$20. edit
- Fortress View Restaurant, 7513 Main St, ☎ 1-902-733-3131. edit
- Cranberry Cove Inn, 12 Wolfe Street, ☎ 1-800-929-0222 (toll-free) or +1 902 733-2171, . checkin: Between 3PM - 7PM. B&B style inn with a front veranda that overlooks Louisbourg harbour. $105-$160. edit
- Louisbourg Harbour Inn Bed & Breakfast, 9 Lower Warren Street (corner of Lower Warren & Townsend Streets), ☎ 1-888-888-8466 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Century old home with eight rooms. Breakfast is complementary and there is a guest balcony overlooking the harbour. $110-$180. edit