Longview is a city in Washington State. It is nicknamed the "City of Trees" and was established in 1923 by R. A. Long, who intended it to become the "Chicago of the West".
Interstate 5 runs through neighboring Kelso, connecting the area to Seattle and Portland.
- Amtrak, . The nearest station is in the neighboring town of Kelso.
- Lower Columbia CAP, . Rural public bus system serving Longview from Kalama, Woodland, and Salmon Creek (near Vancouver, WA) in the south and Castle Rock, Toledo/Winlock (I-5 exit #63), and Chehalis in the north. It is possible to transfer at Salmon Creek from the C-TRAN bus system serving Vancouver and Portland. Fares $1 per boarding.
Major streets radiate like wheel spokes from the city center.
- Lake Sacajawea
- Nutty Narrows Bridge (the squirrel bridge)
- Zojo Coffee House, 1335 14th Ave, Longview, WA 98632, ☎ (360) 442-4111. edit
- Red Leaf Coffee Co, 209 W Main St, ☎ (360) 232-8879. edit