Loket  is a town in Bohemia in Western Czech Republic with a population of 3,200.
Loket is a very picturesque village surrounded by a curve in the Ohre River. The German name of the town is Elbogen.
Loket has two train stations: Loket (main station) located north of the city center, and Loket předměstí (suburb station) located east of the city center. All trains serve Loket, but only some continue to Loket předměstí. Both stations can be reached by a 10-minute walk from the city center.
Trains from Prague leave Praha hlavní nádraží every 2 to 4 hours, the trip takes 3 hours 48 minutes and requires a transfer at Chodov. Regular fare is CZK 336.
Trains from Karlovy Vary leave approximately every hour, the trip takes 28 to 40 minutes and requires a transfer at Chodov or Nove Sedlo u Lokte. Regular fare is CZK 30.
Trains from Cheb leave approximately every hour, the trip takes 49 minutes to 1 hour 12 minutes and requires a transfer at Chodov or Nove Sedlo u Lokte. Regular fare is CZK 63.
The bus from Karlovy Vary provides a very beautiful scenic view of the town. There are 7 departures per day during the week, taking 20 minutes and costing 20Kc.
You can also walk along a marked trail from Karlovy Vary, 17km away.
The town is tiny and can easily be covered on foot.
- Loket Castle. April-October 9:00-17:00, November-March 9:00-16:00. Built in the late 14th century. Used as a prison from 1788 to 1947. Restored in the 1970's. 90Kc. edit
- Black Gate Tower. Includes small art gallery and wine shop. Fantastic views. 15Kc. edit
- Bookbinding Museum. 10:00-13:00, 14:00-18:00. 35Kc. edit
- Church of St. Wencelas. edit
- Rafting Trips. edit
- Rafting Ohre, . Rafting trips and boat rental. 2-person canoes: 500Kc to 750Kc; 4-person boats: 1,200Kc to 2,400Kc. edit
- Loket Summer Cultural Festival, . End of July. Opera performances. edit
Loket is famous for its porcelain and there are several crafts shops in town.
- Ceska Sporitelna. Features and ATM and money exchange. edit
- Pizzeria na Ruzka, TG Masaryka & Kostelni. Wood-fired oven pizza. 110Kc. edit
- U Sejk, TG Masaryka 115. Hearty Czech food. 140Kc. edit
- Lazy River Hostel, Kostelni 61 (Very close to the castle.), ☎ 420.352.684.587 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . 12-bed . Very homely place. Dorm bed: 9 Euro. edit
- Pension Hala, TG Masaryka 115 (In the main square). 400Kc, including breakfast. edit
- Pension Ulrika, (In the main square). 4 rooms. 500Kc, including breakfast. edit
- Hotel Bily Kun, TG Masaryka 8, . Terrace overlooking the river. Single: 900Kc; Double: 1,200 Kc, breakfast included. edit
- Hotel Císař Ferdinad, T.G.Masaryka 136, ☎ +420 352 327 130. Single: 1,050Kc; Double: 1,850Kc. edit
- Hotel St. Florian, T.G.Masaryka 70, ☎ +420 352 685 109. Single: 1,050Kc; Double: 1,850Kc. edit
- Infocentrum, TG Masaryka 12, . January-March: Tuesday-Saturday 10:00-12:00, 13:00-17:00 | April-December: Monday-Sunday 10:00-12:00, 13:-17:00. Tourist Information. Internet access available. Internet access: 40Kc per hour. edit