Llandovery  is a historic market town in Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
- Llandovery is located on the famous Heart of Wales Line . Trains depart Swansea at 4:36AM, 9:15AM, 1:17PM and 6:21PM, and depart Llandovery for Swansea at 7:48AM, 11:33AM, 4:32PM, 8:37PM. The journey takes around 1 hour 20 minutes.
The town is small enough to cover on foot.
- Llandovery Castle . The castle ruins are not substantial, but are worth a visit as they are conveniently located near the center of the town.
- Soak up the atmosphere of a small Welsh market town.
- Attend a performance by the charity-run Llandovery Theatre 
- Llandovery serves as an excellent base for hiking in the Brecon Beacons.
- Llandovery decor centreis located in Stone street.They sell a wide range of items including paints, tools, carpets, rugs, bedding and much more.
- Dinefwr Craft Centre located in the old market hall in the center of town has a few shops specializing in good quality handicrafts from both Wales and places further afield, such as India and Nepal.
- The cafe in the old market hall in the center of town serves wholesome and delicious meals.
- The Castle Hotel, Kings Road, ☎ 01550 720343, . 07:30-21:30. The Castle hotel is run and owned by a group of restaurateurs rather than hoteliers so its no surprise that food lies at the heart of the house – the family farm provides 90% of the natural tasting, free range meat and poultry used in the kitchens, supplemented by a loyal and brilliant network of hardworking and passionate local suppliers. edit
- Good coffee and selection of teas at the cafe in the old market hall.
I have eaten at The Blue Bell on High Street and i thought it was fantastic! There was a lovely atmosphere and the food was incredible
Camping & Caravaning
- Erwlon Caravan & Camping Park, Brecon Rd. Tel:+ 44 1550 721-021. (email: mailto:email@example.com), . A family run park in easy walking of Llandovery, excellent facilities, for independent reviews enter Erwlon camping reviews in Google. Rates: £4 - 14.50.
- The New White Lion, 43 Stone Street. Tel:+44 1550 720-685. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . A six room hotel in mid-19th century grade II listed building
- Bwlch Tre Banau Estate, Porthyrhyd, Llanwrda, Carmarthenshire SA19 8DN. Tel:+ 44 1558 650-399. (email: ), . Three cottages with new interiors and views towards the Brecon Beacons. Ducks, dogs, geese and plenty of room to roam for the kids. From £395 p/w based on four sharing.
The following places are all within an hour's drive of the town:
- Swansea - beaches, museums/galleries and shopping. See also Swansea Bay City Region.
- Carmarthen and Brecon - larger market towns.
- Middleton. The National Botanic Garden of Wales .
- Esgair Fwyog Forest Park, Cynghordy. Tel:+44 1550 720-394.
- Llyn Brianne, Rhandirmwyn - a beautiful lake.
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines in the valley of the River Cothi, near Pumsaint. The National Trust organises tours of the mines.
- Carreg Cennen Castle  - spectacular castle ruins offering views over the country-side
- Trapp - a picturesque river-side village (near Carreg Cennen Castle).