Llandeilo (population: 2,500) is a small historic town in Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
Llandeilo is on the famous Heart of Wales Train Line. Trains depart Swansea at 4:36AM, 9:15AM, 1:17PM and 6:21PM, and leave Llandeilo for Swansea at 8:09AM, 11:54AM, 4:52PM, 8:58PM..
The town is located near the end of the M4.
The town is small enough to cover on foot. A historic Town Trail leaflet guides visitors around the oldest part of town, with display boards.
- Dinefwr Park and Newton House. TeL: +44 1558 824-512 . The park is home to a herd of white cattle and also has a lake and a deer park. Admission for house and park (standard rate): adult £5.45, child £2.72, family £13.63.
- Bridge Street. This row of attractive, pastel colored houses is the most famous and recognizable landmark in the town.
- Dinefwr Castle (Dinefwr Castle), Dinefwr Park, Llandeilo (via National Trust or walk up from Llandeilo bridge through Castle Woods), . Beautiful castle on a high crag overlooking the River Towy. Climb up the round tower, walk the battlements and see the wonderful views. Free entry to the castle on foot, but car park charges apply in the National Trust car park at Newton House. Free. edit
- Castle Woods (Castle Woods), Llandeilo (Gate near Llandeilo Bridge or access via Dinefwr Park.), . Beautiful nature reserve of the Wildlife Trust, in a peaceful setting by the River Towy. Geologically interesting, with birds, badgers, and bluebells among other delights at any time of year. Free. edit
- Hill Walking
Llandeilo has a fantastic range of boutique shops located on Rhosmaen Street, King Street and Market Street.
- Interior and Gift. There are several specialist interior and gift shops in Llandeilo including Scorpio, Towy Interiors, Peppercorn , Dots , Pinc and Igam-Ogam .
- Food. Hand-made chocolates' and organic ice-cream'. Heavenly, Rhosmaen Street. Tel:+44 1558 822-800. . Chocolates of all flavors, including lavender and orange, and ice-cream made with natural flavors and organic milk. There are two delicatessens in Llandeilo, Olive Branch Delicatessen tel +44 1558 823 030  ,Barita .
- Fashion. There are several boutique clothes shops on Rhosmaen Street, King Street and Market Street including Toast , Variations and Rigout.
- Galleries. There are fine paintings, ceramics and sculptures by local and nationally known artists at galleries in town. Fountain Fine Art on Rhosmaen Street  Tel:+44 1558 824-244. The Rooms on New Road is open on Fridays and Saturdays Tel:+44 781-695-4085.
- Antiques. There are 2 large antiques venues on Station Road: The Works and James Ash. Once a month an Antiques Fair is held at the Civic Hall, and also a Car Boot Sale takes place there monthly. edit
- The Angel Inn and Capel Bach Bistro, 62 Rhosmaen Street, Tel:+44 1558 822-765, . Great bar meals and an intimate Bistro at the rear.
- The Fig Tree / Y Ffigysbren. Tel:+44 1558 668-187, . The Fig Tree Restaurant and Wine Bar, located 5 miles west of Llandeilo in the Towy Valley.
- Angel, Salem. Tel:+44 1558 823-394,. An award winning restaurant in Salem, 3 miles north of Llandeilo.
- The Plough Inn, Rhosmaen. Tel:+44 1558 823-431,. Contemporary cuisine, served in the bar or restaurant. Great views of Llandeilo in the garden.
There are several pubs in the town including the Salutation Inn, The Castle Hotel, The White Horse Inn and The Angel Inn. The Cawdor hotel also has a bar open to non-residents. There are also a number of pubs a short walk over the bridge in Ffairfach.
Evan Evans Brewery is based in the town, and supplies many local pubs with its speciality ales.
During the day, Barita Delicatessen, Ollies and Gegin Fach y Gwili are also open for drinks and snacks.
- Cawdor Arms Hotel, 72 Rhosmaen Street, Tel:+44 1558 823-500, . A boutique hotel housed in a Georgian listed building in the heart of Llandeilo.
- Fronlas, 7 Thomas Street. Tel:+44 1558 824-733, . Offering boutique hotel style with the personal service of a luxury Bed and Breakfast.
- Ty menyn Holiday Cottage, Brynmorfa, Rhosmaen llandeilo, sa19 6np, ☎ +44 1558 823602, . Lisa & James Woodward have converted an old butter house into a five star comfortable Character cottage, self catering suitable for up to 6+cot. Private but on the outskirts of town. Mini Breaks available. from. edit
The area dialling code for Llandeilo is 01558. When dialling from overseas, dial +44 1558 XXXXXX
See the Carmarthenshire and Swansea Bay City Region articles for more on the surrounding area.