Llanberis  is in North Wales, 7 miles away from Caernarfon.
Llanberis is easily reachable by bus. Sherpa busses (prefixed S) from Betws-y-Coed is the most reliable possibility, but Sherpa bus from Porthmadog or local busses from Caernarfon are other alternatives.
Bangor is the closest station to Llanberis. Hiring a cab from there costs around £20. Caernarfon is closer, but the only train to Caernarfon is the narrow-gauge heritage railway Welsh Highland Railway from Porthmadog - and if in Porthmadog it is easier to catch a direct bus to Llanberis.
Llanberis is on the A4086 Caernarfon to Betwys-y-Coed road. The B4547 branches off just west of town for Bangor, Conwy and the A55.
There are large car parks all along the A4086 road inside Llanberis, with the price rising steadily as you get closer to the Snowdon Mountain Railway. The closest car park costs £6 per day (and no discount for shorter stay), 100m up the road it is £4 per day and further west beyond the Electric Mountain Visitor Center it is £2 per day.
On foot easily. You may also want to take a ride on Llanberis Lake Railway  (£6.00)
- Dolbadarn castle ruins  - one of the finest of the Welsh castles
- Hike up Snowdon  or take Snowdonia Mountain Railway  to the summit and walk back down.
- Visit the Electric Mountain , a tourist attraction built around Dinorwig Hydroelectric Powerstation. Built inside a mountain, Dinorwig's turbines are housed in the largest cavern in Europe. Good fun trip.
- Visit the Welsh Slate Museum and the Llanberis Lake Railway
- Enjoy Padarn Country Park and Padarn Walk, walking through the slate history.
- Llanberis Art and Craft a select choice of arts, crafts, souvenirs and Welsh confectionary and preserves. Full parking and disabled access.
- The Coffee Pot at Llanberis Art and Craft a wide choice of food from breakfasts to a variety of lunches and snacks. Ideally located for Snowdon Mountain Railway and the Electric Mountain. Full parking and disabled access.
- Pete's Eats (renowned climbers café), 40 High Street, Llanberis LL55 4EU, ☎ +44 1286 870117, . 8am to 8pm (9pm in high summer). A mecca for walkers and climbers since 1978. Serves a wide range of food from traditional breakfasts to modern european dishes, all prepared fresh on the premises. The café also has a resource centre for climbers and walkers. filled baguette or baked potato from £3.30, main meals from £6.30, full breakfast £4.80. edit
There are several B&Bs and hotels in Llanberis.
- Lake View Hotel & Restaurant, Tan y Pant, Llanberis LL55 4EL, Gwynedd, Wales (just outside Llanberis on the A4086 road to Caernarfon), ☎ +44 1286 870422, . checkin: 2.00 p.m.; checkout: 10.00 a.m. Rustic hotel & restaurant overlooking Lake Padarn outside Llanberis from £35. edit
Caernarfon - Bus number 88 goes directly to Caernarfon city center. Can be caught from Llanberis Maes Padarn