Buses go from Irkutsk bus station, however some marshrutkas go from the railway station as well. The bus is often full and doesn't take on passengers along the way when it is. There are at least buses each day, at 9am, 11am,... Official bus costs 97 rubles, it takes an hour and 40 min to get to Listvyanka. (Oct 2010) The mashrutkas from opposite bus station and from central market (that leave whenever full) can cost up to 120 rubles (June 2014)
From railway station to bus station, take a direct tram number 4a (direction to the right, viewed from the station building) and get out after 8 stops at Avtovokzal (Автовокзал) station. Or take a tram number 1 or 2, get out after six stops at Central Square (Tsentralniy rynok – Центральный рынок), change to tram number 4, ride two more stations, then you can see the bus station.
The hydrofoil from Irkutsk is fast but expensive compared to the bus, and it can be overbooked in high season. Trip time is 1h 20m and one-way ticket costs 380 RUB (Aug 2013). 700RUB (June 2014) More info and timetables at .
The staff at the port is really unhelpful, so attempt to get tickets online in advance. If the ship is fully booked, try to buy a ticket without seat reservation just at the ship staff – you'll have to sit at the rooftop platform with great view to Angara river.
The port is named Raketa (Ракета). From Irkutsk railway station take a marshrutka No. 16.
By train and ferryEdit
Taka a Circum-Baikal Railway train from Slyudyanka to Port Baikal and then a ferry across Angara to Listvyanka. The Port Baikal pier is not far from the railway station, but is not marked, so go with a crowd or ask locals for direction. Regular 6201 train from Slyudyanka to Port Baikal goes 4 times a week, on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday; arrives at Port Baikal at around 19:30 local time. Ferry from Port Baikal to Listvyanka departs at 06:40, 10:45, 15:50, 17:15 and 20:15 (summer 2014). The ferry trip takes 20 minutes and costs 49 RUB (Aug 2013). (In July 2014 we didn't pay at all. Maybe the cashier lady didn't have time to collect fare from all passangers?) It doesn't arrive at Listvyanka main port, but to a minor port Rogatka cca 2 km from the Listvyanka town center. Catch a minibus on the main road to get to the center (20 RUB in July 2014).
- Baikal Limnology Museum. To learn about history of the Baikal, its worlds of animals and plants. To see seals and fish in the aquarium. There is a dendropark nearby.
- The big solar vacuum telescope on the hill for registration of sun's activity. Breath-taking view.
- St. Nikolay Church, built in the end of XIX century.
- Private gallery. Adress: 76, Chapayeva st.
- Rent an all-terrain vehicle or a bike at Baikal-Visa Info Center. In the winter do dog-sledging. Info-Center is inside the Town Administration building close to the Hotel Mayak. They could help in accomodations, excursions and picking a tour as well as providing information on schedules. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: +7 (3952) 550-464, 792-551, 792-556; fax: +7 (3952) 792-546. Internet access.
In the market-place there are stalls of fish for sale and precious stones, emblems and amulets. Like everywhere bargaining is right.
- Night fishing. Night fishing on Lake Baikal. Price 3000 rub/person/night. Reservation by e-mail email@example.com edit
You can try Omul, which is a local fish speciality which you can buy from locals at the market. (An omul directly from the market may be more expensive than bought from a further stall.) You can also try Buriat food in Buriat restaurant located just next to the market by the shore of the lake.
The town has a few hotels (The upper-end hotels have English-speaking attendants). Few hostels can be booked through HostelWorld web.
- Conference-Hotel Mayak ul. Gorky, 85A (lat 51°50'57"N, long 104°52'15"E). Prominent seven-floor hotel. Rooms start at 120 USD.
- Hotel Legenda Baikala  ul. Istok Angara, 11 (lat 51°52'33"N, long 104°49'45"E), at the mouth of the Angara River. Plenty of amenities. Rooms start at 110 USD, Suite at 235 USD.
- Hotel Krestovaya Pad  ul. Gornaya, 14A (lat 51°51'28N, long 104°51'35E), near the St. Nikolay Church. Rooms start at 110 USD, cabins at over 500 USD.
- The Park Center unadvertised rooms for $10
- Derevenka (not a hotel, they rent wooden cabins on a ground filled with wooden cabin, with view of lake Baikal, around $25 a night)
- Belka hostel ul. Chapaeva 77A, 15-20 mins walk from the waterfront. A dorm bed for 600 RUB pp, a twin room for 750 RUB pp.
You can also sleep in the private homes. It is cheaper and you will meet locals, but don't expect any English-speaking people. The prices begin at 500 RUB (Aug 2013). Some of the houses haven't any bathroom or shower.
Listvyanka is a start point of the Great Baikal Trail , a hard but stunning path along Baikal coast.
You can go by boat  to Bolshie Koty, a village in the heart of Baikal national park. You can also go for various excursions on the boats.
Take a ferry across Angara river to port Baikal to ride on a train on the Circum-Baikal Railway. Ferry departure times are: 08:15, 11:15, 16:15, 18:15 and 20:45 (as of summer 2014). The 6202 train leaves Port Baikal in the night hours 4 times a week: on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|