Lisbon Region is in Portugal.
- Go from Rossio Station in Lisbon to Sintra by train
- Buy the rover ticket for the Greyhound bus that lets you travel in and beyond Sintra (there is a cheaper one for Sintra only)
- Use the local bus to see the town and the National Palace, the Castelo dos Mouros and the extraordinary Pena Palace.
- Take a bus from the station at Sintra to Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of mainland Europe
- Take a bus to Cascais (and very possibly eat there)
- Return by train to the Cais do Sodre station in Lisbon.
You will need to check bus timetables carefully but both train lines are frequent and cheap. if you return from Cascais after dark (avoid the late-night train, for safety reasons), you will get wonderful views in Belem of the floodlit buildings.
- South of the River
Usually safe; take precautions as always, especially in Lisbon buses, trains, and trams. Cais do Sodre station shoud be avoided late at night. as well some parts of Bairro Alto nightclubs. Also avoid dark alleys.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language