Linton  is the county seat of Emmons County in the south central portion of North Dakota. It has a population of 1,321 people. Located on US-83, about 40 miles south of I-94.
- By car: via US-83, south of I-94.
- Linton Municipal Airport Tel: (701) 254-5449
- Golf: Linton Country Club, 6th Ave. SE. Tel: (701) 254-9093.
- Hunting: Whitetail and mule deer, ring-necked pheasants, grouse, partridge, doves, and wild turkeys. Canadian geese and many varieties of ducks in season. Hunting info
- Fishing: Braddock Dam, Nieusma Dam, Rice Lake, Lake Oahe and Beaver Bay (in the Missouri River System), for walleye, sauger, northern pike, bass, catfish, and crappie. ND Game and Fish site