Caribbean is a region in Costa Rica.
The major regions of interest to tourists are :
- Bribri - Close to the Reserva Indigena Bribri y Cabecar
- Cahuita - Little town next to the National Park of Cahuita.
- Puerto Limón - Just a stopover place for most tourists, although the central market is worth a visit, as is the city during Carnival.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca - The south Caribbean Coast.
- Tortuguero - Accessible only by boat or airplane, it is located in the Northern part of Limon. 
- Sixaola - Banana territory close to the Panamanian border.
- Gandoca - Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge
- Located south of Puerto Viejo the Refuge is free to visit and can be reached by a bus to Manzanillo. You can as well get to Gandoca from Sixaola via Taxi or private car. From the "Highway" its 8 km until the beach of Gandoca which lays pretty much on the border to Panama. In Gandoca you can stay as well over night (for example Cabinas de Carmen Tel: 2754 1051) From February until May Turtles come to the beach to lay their eggs there.
One of the best ways to see the southernmost Caribbean islands or surrounding South American islands is via a cruise.