Lignano Sabbiadoro  is a seaside resort located on the Adriatic Sea coast of the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region, in the North-Eastern part of Italy.
It is one of favored summer holiday retreats of the Germans and Swiss in the near-by north, who come for the pristine beaches, active nightlife, and culture.
The municipality is divided into three different districts:
- Riviera the western part of the peninsula is predominantly residential, with small villas, and low rise condos set amongst pine trees.
- Pineta right in the centre of the town, features a modest commercial center, popular beaches, and a plethora of night life venues.
- Sabbiadoro at the Eastern end of the peninsula, contains a bustling commercial center, soaring high rise condominiums and yet even more nightlife and cultural venues than Pineta.
There are many bus services directed to Lignano from Udine, Latisana, Trieste and Venice.
Motorway A4 Venezia-Trieste or A23 Tarvisio-Venezia, exit Latisana. Then follow SS 354 towards Lignano for about 18km.
Closest airports are Trieste’s Ronchi dei Legionari , which is 65km from Lignano, and Venice’s Marco Polo , 95km from Lignano. From the airports you can reach Lignano by bus or you can rent a car.
Lignano doesn’t have a train station. The closest ones are in Latisana (23km), Portogruaro (35km) and Udine (60km). They are all connected to Lignano via bus.
Walk or rent a bike, the best ways to move around and enjoy the city. There is also a bus service .
- Aquasplash, Viale Europa, Lignano Sabbiadoro, ☎ + 39 0431 428826 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +39 0431 429613), . daily 10AM 6PM. Water park. daily 10AM-6PM: adults 21€, children (3-8yo) 16€; afternoon (2:30PM 6PM: adults 16€ children 14€. edit
- Terme di Lignano, Lungomare Riccardo Riva 1/C - Lignano Sabbiadoro, ☎ +39.0431.422217 (email@example.com, fax: +39.0431.424488), . Thalassotherapy institute, spa and beauty center. Offers a wide range of treatments such as massages, physiokinesiteraphy and much more. edit
- Alla Vecchia Finanza, Corso delle Nazioni 110 Lignano Sabbiadoro, ☎ +39 0431 424440, . Only fish. edit
- Pizzeria Bella Napoli, Via Centrale, 20 Lignano Sabbiadoro, ☎ +39 0431 71256 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +39 0431 71256), . Well renowned pizzeria and restaurant in a good location. edit
- Ristorante Agosti, (vi Tolmezzo 52 - Lignano Sabbiadoro), ☎ +39.0431.71215 (email@example.com), . Noon – 2:15PM / 6:30 – 10:30PM. Very good and in central location. edit
- Hotel Bellavista Lungomare Trieste 70, tel. +39 0431 71313, fax +39 0431 720602 . The hotel Bellavista enjoys a marvellous location on the sea front, surrounded by the lush greenery of pine trees. It is just a few minutes walk from Lignano's shops, bars and restaurants and just 5 kms away from the Lignano Golf club.
- Hotel Nettuno Lungomare Trieste 24, 33054 - Tel. +39 0431 71333 Fax +39 0431 73678, . This hotel lies in the historical area of the town, directly facing the beach promenade and at the same time only a few meters far from the town center. Parking place and beach service are already in the room price included, while interesting last-minutes are available on the their web site.
- Lignano Apartments LignanoS.com offers apartments and villas renting direct from the owners. Lignano Sabbiadoro, tel. +39 348 8040833
- Netcafé, Corso degli Alisei 11, . The oldest Internet café in town, open every day non-stop from 7:00am until 2:00am. 16 multimedia PCs where users can surf the Internet or play Internet and network games. B/w printing available upon request. The local also offers wireless Internet access: guests can surf the Internet with their own laptop using a WiFi high-speed connection. Please note that in Italy a personal document is required in order to be allowed surfing from a public Internet access like the Internet café.