Lidköping is a city with about 25,000 inhabitants in the province Västergötland in Sweden. It is situated by the lake Vänern and should not be confused with Linköping in Östergötland.
The train can take you to Lidköping from Gothenburg (1,5 h) and Stockholm via Skövde (3 h).
The national highway 44 passes through Lidköping, and the European route E20 passes near it. The road 187 is the connection from E20 from south to Lidköping.
- Läckö castle, built 1298 but totally rebuilt by Sweden's richest man about 1650 .
- Kinnekulle. the view over Vänern, the largest lake of Europe outside Russia, is spectacular from the mountain top .
- Husaby has one of the oldest and most remarkable churches in Sweden, built about 1090-1130. Near the church is a spring where the king was baptized in year 1008, the breakthrough of the christianization of Sweden .
- Rörstrand fabriksbod , Fabriksgatan 4. Rörstrand is the second oldest porcelain manufacturer in Europe. The Fabriksbod offers porcelein with small defects at lower prices.
- STF Youth Hostel Falkängen, Falkängsvägen, +46 510 540653 . Youth hostel open all year round.
- Hotel Läckö, Gamla Stadens Torg 5, +46 510 23000 .
- Sigrid storråda  is a viking ship built after a real one found in Norway. It offers public trips a couple of times every summer and can also be chartered. Everyone help rowing the boat.