Lava is a hamlet in Darjeeling district in the northern part of West Bengal, India.
Situated at an altitude of 7200 feet, Lava is 101 km from Siliguri via Kalimpong, about 35 km from Kalimpong.& 58 km from New Mal Junction via Gorubathan.
One can book a cab from New Jalpaiguri Railway Station which will preferably go through Gorubathan, Damdim, booking takes approx Rs. 2300-2500 & during peak season they may charge Rs.2800-2900
1. Neora Valley National Park Jungle Safari
2. Lava Jamgon Kongtrul Monastery
3. Rachela Peak
4. Changey Waterfalls
Lava has has beautiful natural forests. Tourists can visit Lava Monastery, Sunrise point to view Kanchenjunga peak.
Lava does does not its own production.You can do your shopping in Kalimpong.There are many regional curio shops.
- Nihar Bindu (7500 feet), Lava Bazar. Bengali food both veg and non veg and excellent hospitality. edit
- Tashi Tagkye, Lava motor stand (Right infront of the chowk at Lava motor stand). Very reasonable and good food. Try the thukpa (Tibetan soupy noodles), its awesome. And also, they operate till 8:30pm, while most eateries close down by 7:30-8 pm edit
- Nihar Bindu Lodge
- Hotel Paradise
- Hotel Unique Inn (4000 ft), LAVA (VIA GARUBATHAN), ☎ 9932492264 , 0353-282228, . checkin: 12 P.M; checkout: 11 A.M. 10 no well appointed room all room having tv with cable connection attached bath with W/C, running hot & cold water, parking facility, intercom, restaurant 1200 -2000. edit
- nihar bindu (west bengal), Lava (Near Lava motor stand), ☎ 033-22370060/61 033-22368483/22365202. Awesome experience of staying in areal forest. 600-1800. edit
- HIMALAYA INN (7100 ft), LAVA BAZAR (VIA GARUBATHAN), ☎ 9330965839 , 9836509933 , 9831185889, . checkin: 12 P.M; checkout: 11 A.M. 12 no well appointed room all room having colour tv with cable connection attached bath with W/C, geyser facility , wall to wall carpet left luggage facility , restaurant , conference room 1000 -2000. edit