Lapu-Lapu is an island city of Cebu Province in the Philippines.
Lapu-Lapu City is located in Mactan Island, Cebu, Philippines, so the fastest way to get to Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines is by air. The Mactan-Cebu International Airport is located in Lapu-Lapu City where foreign visitors, local visitors and residents may fly direct to Cebu from Doha, Hong Kong, Busan, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia thru this airport. International flight from budget carrier is also flying direct to this airport from Singapore and Hong Kong.Facilities and amenities include a shopping center, duty-free shop, souvenir shops, cafés, business centers, food shops, communication facilities, banking facilities, car rentals, hotel and resort reservations, beauty & health services.
Cathay Pacific Airways, Philippine Airlines (the Philippine's flag carrier) and Cebu Pacific, a new budget carrier, fly between Hong Kong and Cebu daily while Silkair and Cebu pacific fly between Cebu and Singapore daily. Philippine Airlines service between Cebu-Tokyo daily except Mondays and Cebu-Seoul, four times a week, Cebu-Kuala Lumpur twice a week, and Cebu-Kota Kinabalu 2x a week. Malaysian Airlines fly from Kuala Lumpur via Kota Kinabalu to Cebu twice a week, and twice Cebu-Kuala Lumpur direct as well. Qatar Airways meanwhile fly from Doha to Cebu three times weekly. Visitors may also pass through via Seoul-Incheon as Asiana Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines have a 4x a week flight to Cebu each, Korean Air has a 3x a week flight. Taipei is another point of entry as China Airlines / Mandarin Airlines have a 2x weekly flight.
Lapu-Lapu City is also the domestic air hub of the Philippines with close to 60 flights daily on average to and from popular destinations and key cities all over the archipelago such as Manila, Kalibo, Puerto Princesa, Boracay, Clark, Siargao (Surigao), Zamboanga, Davao, Bacolod, Iloilo, Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin, General Santos, and Leyte.
Visitors from North America, Europe, Middle East, and the rest of the world may fly first to Singapore or Hong Kong or Seoul or Kuala Lumpur to catch a flight to Lapu-Lapu City. There are also flights to Lapu-Lapu City from Clark International airport, from which there are further flights on discount airlines to Macau, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore and other points.
Charter flights are also available in some select destinations especially China, Russia and the USA.
As part of Cebu Province, going to Lapu-Lapu City is thru Cebu City's domestic port which is the biggest and busiest in the island. Then you can take taxi to Lapu-Lapu City that cost less than PhP200.00 or take ferry boat from Pier 3 to Muelle Osmena that cost only PhP13.00
Large passenger ferries with a capacity of 2,000 to 4,000 passengers ply the more distant routes such as Manila, Davao, Zamboanga and Cagayan de Oro. Medium-sized vessels such as the roll-on/roll-off (roro) types ply nearer destinations while fast ferries transport passengers to and from neighboring islands in two hours or less depending on the destination.
The simplest way to get around is by hopping on a tricycle or multicab (small jeepney). Taxi is also available for a comfortable trip. Note: Always ask for taxi meter if you opt to pay by meter. Currently, flagdown rate is at PhP40.00 and PhP3.50 per succeeding 200 meters and PhP3.50 per waiting time of two minutes. Drivers however may bargain if they notice that you are a tourist, hence the cost of the trip may double in price. However, you have the option not to agree and may report such to local authorities. If you know the name of the building, establishment, area or street you wish you reach, this is still the fastest way to get to your destination.
If you opt for more adventure, then do as the locals and catch a colorful jeepney. Simply ask around for which route to take. They are available 24 hours and cover most of the nooks and crannies of the city. This is the cheapest option for getting around for as low as PhP7.00.
- Lapu-lapu Shrine
- Mactan island hopping
- Scuba diving
- Beach bumming in white sand beaches like Shangrila, Plantation Bay, Blue Waters, White Sands, Tambuli Beach Club
Scuba diving in Mactan, Cebu is by far one of the best in the Philippines. It's a great place to learn to dive and to get your PADI Open Water diver certification. There are several dive operators that can serve your needs. You may do shore entry in a few areas but most dive sites can be reached by boat. You can go to Talima(sanctuary), Kontiki, Tambuli, Tinggo, Gilutongan (sanctuary), Nalusuan (sanctuary), Shangri-la, Cordova and more. From Mactan, you can also hire an outrigger (boat) to take you to Cabilao or Balicasag, Bohol. Other famous dive sites is in north of Cebu Province: Malapascua (for tresher shark), and down south of Cebu Province is Moalboal.
See the Philippine Culture in all its amazing glory - Native dances that show the grace and heritage of the Philippines - The Jungle Restaurant and Entertainment - Maribago - http://thejunglerestaurant.weebly.com/
- The Jungle Restaurant and Entertainment, Bagumbayan, Maribago (Close to White Sands beach resort), ☎ 032 238 8641, . 12 pm until 12 am. The Jungle is fast becoming a major tourist attraction on Mactan Island. We offer a Filipino or International Foods with a Filipino / International Cultural Show. We offer Dances from Philippines, Korea, Japan, India, Hawaii, and many other countries. The best is our Fire Dancers. We are open 7 days a week with Lunch show at 12:30, and Dinner Shows at 6:30, 8, 10 pm. We have been labeled by many Travel Agency's and Tour Guides as " THE BEST AND MOST EXCITING FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT ON MACTAN ISLAND " Please check out our website for all our info, and videos. http://thejunglerestaurant.weebly.com/ P250 and up. edit
- Banana Moon, Lapu Lapu, Basak. A Mexican themed restaurant/cantina.The quality is superb and the prices are reasonable. Located between the Mactan Doctors Hospital and the Gaisano Grand Mall. edit
Travelers can find budget rooms and apartments in Lapu-Lapu City for adventure visit and budget trip. There are places to stay as low as US$100 for one week.
- Cebu Residencia Lourdes, ☎ +63322362446, . Cebu Residencia Lourdes is just 10 minutes from the beaches and very near Mactan International Airport. It is 3km away to the Mactan beaches, Lapu-Lapu Monument, and Mactan Shrine. Their facilities includes Internet access on rooms, dry cleaning / laundry services, and restaurant / cafe / bar. Room rates starts at Php 950.00. Best rates on official website start at Php950.00. edit
- Talima Beach Villas and Dive Resort, ☎ 0922-8513360, . Talima Beach Villas and Dive Resort is located at Cebu, Philippines. It offers air-conditioned contemporary designed rooms. Some of its amenities include infinity swimming pool, beach cabanas and sun decks, and dive center. While staying here, you can visit some interesting places like fish sanctuary, bird sanctuary, and Hilutangan Channel reefs and marine sanctuaries. Best rates on official website start at PHP 1.800,00. edit
- Sagastrand Beach Resort and Restaurant, ☎ 0921-7979975, . Sagastrand Beach Resort is located on a white sand beach in the village Bas Daku in Olango Island just outside Cebu. There are hot and cold water, air-con, satellite-TV and kitchen. There is an attractive restaurant and bar with rooftop beside the swimming pool, who serves very good international and Filipino food. You can even get a glass of wine. Facilities: Billiard, mini golf, sand volleyball, swimming pool with salt water, sand beach, hiking. San Vicente Fish Sanctuary is just outside the beach and it is walking distance to the Olango Wildlife Sanctuary (app 500m). Best rates on official website start at PHP 1.650 incl. breakfast. edit
- Cebu Hilton Resort and Spa, Mactan Island, Cebu, . edit
- Crown Regency Suites Mactan, Maximo Patalinhug Jr. Avenue, ☎ +63-32-341-4586 to 94 (fax: +63-32-341-4595), . A/C suites with kitchen, in-room broadband internet access, and television with cable. From US$73.77. edit
- Lancaster Hotels Cebu Brgy. Pusok, Mactan Island, Lapu-Lapu City. Like its sister hotel in Mandaluyong City, Lancaster Cebu provides suites fully furnished with a private kitchen and personalized service most suitable for long-staying business travelers.
- Cebu Yacht Club - Island Village, ☎ 63323402939, . Is located at the Mactan Export Processing Zone. They're close to shopping malls and restaurants, and a comfortable 500 m from Mactan International Airport. It's only 6 km away from the The University of San Carlos Museum, and only 4 km away from the Mactan Shrine. All of their cottage-style studios, suites, and villas are furnished with a deck/ balcony, mini-bar, microwave oven, writing desk and chair, refrigerator, and private bathroom. Rates starts at Php 2000++ Best rates on official website start at Php2,000.00++. edit
- EGI Club Cebu, ☎ (+63-32) 232-3111 to 15, . EGI Club Cebu is a three-star beach resort on Mactan Island. It's location is close to Basilica Minore del Santo Niño, Lapu-lapu Monument, Magellan's Cross, and Taoist Temple.It offers 120 air-conditioned rooms, all of which have an Internet access, double bed, IDD phone, mini-bar, and refrigerator. Their facilities includes swimming pool, fitness center, and function/ meeting rooms. Room rates starts at Php3,400.00. Best rates on official website start at Php 3,400.00++. edit
- The Bellavista Hotel, ☎ +63(32) 340-7821, . Situated in Mactan Island, midtown Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu Province, our three-star hotel is only 0.8 km from the Mactan Export Processing Zone and approximately 1 km from the Mactan International Airport. Our air-conditioned guestrooms come in different types: Deluxe Twin, Deluxe Queen, Executive, Junior Suite, and The Channel and Infanta Suites. M.L Quezon National Highway, Pusok, Lapu-Lapu City 6015, Mactan, Cebu, Philippines. Rates start at PHP 2,684. edit