Lang Co is on the Central Coast region of Vietnam, in Thua Thien-Hue Province in the district of Phu Loc.
Lang Co's industries are primarily fishing and tourism.
The quickest and easiest way to get to Lang Co is via a taxi from the Da Nang International Airport. Most taxis are metered and will cost approximately 450,000 VND inclusive of tolls and airport exit fees. Or private car service from Da Nang.
The taxi driver will always go through the tunnel, if left to his own devices, but for a more interesting ride which should only cost a further 150,000 VND, ask the driver to take the Hai Van Pass. The Hai Van Pass route will take about 50 minutes from the airport to Lang Co, while the tunnel route will take approximately 35 minutes.
There are no buses from the Da Nang international airport. To take a bus would require taking a taxi from the airport to the bus terminal for approximately 50,000 VND and then taking the bus from the terminal to Lang Co at a cost of 15,000 VND. These buses generally wait until they are full and the temperature inside can get very hot.
The best way to get around Lang Co is by a motorbike or a bicycle, especially going around the tranquil lagoon.
- Lang Co Taxi (Taxi Lang Co), Highway 1A, Lang Co Town (On the lagoon side of Highway 1A about 400 m south of Lang Co Beach Resort; There is a blue sign next to the highway which is quite visible), ☎ 0543 69 69 69; Hotline: 0905 0985 15. edit
There are no specific attractions within Lang Co.
Aside from the 15 km of white beach on the East Sea, a visit to the local market in the middle the village would be interesting. Most of the women selling in the market only speak Vietnamese.
Hai Van Pass, near Lang Co
Elephant Springs, near Lang Co
Budda ontop of Ba Na Hill
- Hai Van Pass, (Across the bridge south of Lang Co). This is the old highway prior to the construction of the 6.2 km tunnel. This road meanders over the mountain top between Da Nang and Lang Co. On the top are some breath taking views and some American outlook ruins from the war. edit
- Bach Ma National Park, Located approximately 30 km from Lang Co. (Two roads leading from the Highway 1 to the Visitor Centre and the Park's Gate. One road is on the right (coming from Hue) near by the Phu Loc gas station, the other is around 100m after the Cau Hai Market.), . Bach Ma is at amount an elevation of 1450 m above sea level. The cooler temperatures at the summit is very comfortable (about 7 Celsius cooler than low lining areas). edit
- Elephant Springs, water recreation area (Suoi Voi), Approximately 15 km north of Lang Co (Take Highway 1 out of Lang Co north 15 km, and turn left). A nice drive from Highway 1 west approximately 5 km to the ticket booth. Here you pay to get in, then you drive a further 2 km to the parking lot with a cost. The springs are lined with little bamboo coverings along each side which cost about 20,000 VND for an area, unless you also purchase food from the person which they will generally waive a sitting fee. You can purchase Hue beer for 10,000 VND as well as other drinks and food. A whole cooked chicken would cost from 50,000-80,000 VND. The water is cool and refreshing and the view up the mountain is fantastic. There are naturally built stone waterslides along the stream that are fun to use. 2000/person; 15000/car; 5000 motorbike. edit
- Lang Co Springs, (Take the new road around the lagoon, pass by the train station and continue to the south west corner of the lagoon.). Lang Co Springs was previously just used by locals as access was limited before the new road was constructed around the lagoon. A road is currently being constructed, and a parking area is under construction. A motorbike or bicycle can be taken from Lang Co up to the current parking area (at a locals house) and pay 5,000 VND. Then a 15 minute walk through the jungle will end at the spring location. There are numerous bamboo shelters along the springs where you can escape the sun and purchase food and drinks. The water is clean, cool and great views back to Lang Co. Some prices as of 2013: Free range chicken ~250k, beer 10k, bamboo shelter ~20k (free if you purchase food from the person). edit
- Ba Na Hills, An Sơn Hamlet, Hoà Ninh Ward, Hoà Vang District, ☎ (84 511) 3791 791, . The hill is located in the Truong Son mountain range about 25 km to the south-west of Da Nang, at an elevation of 1487 m above sea level. A 7-seater car with driver can be arranged easily in Lang Co and will take just over 1 hour each way with a cost of 600,000 VND. The hills has modern cable cars which give great views of Hai Van Pass to the left, Da Nang straight ahead, with China beach in the distance. edit
Note that there are only about 2 ATM's in Lang Co. Sometimes these ATM's are out of service or have no money to dispense. It is advisable to collect money from an ATM in Da Nang.
There is a post office (VNPT) in Lang Co, which has international money transfer facilities.
- Sao Bien Restaurant, (coming from Danang turn west (left) after the toll booth, just on the right before the bridge). This restaurant has excellent seafood. The price is reasonable. This restaurant is very popular and will always have buses parked outside with people from early morning through to late evening. Not to worry, there is plenty of sitting spaces either inside or outside overlooking the lagoon in the back. edit
- Fishing Village, Chan May Beach (From Lang Co drive to Chan-May, and continue pass the cross rounds and take the first right after the bridge and straight out to the beach). For the more adventurous is the fishing village shacks. During the summer months (March to September), this location on the beach will have about 30 make shift tents of bamboo, tarps and lighting. Each place cooks and sells fresh seafood that is generally caught that day. It is a excellent experience. The cheapest and best seafood in the area. edit
- Beach Huts, Lang Co Beach Village (Go to the village (near the bridge to tunnel) and make your way to the beach passing the church.). 1530-2200. A number of beach shacks are set up during the summer months (April-Sept) near the bridge/tunnel end of Lang Co beach. They are frequented by locals, but a bit of finger pointing will do the trick. They serve local seafood which is caught that day, and serve it BBQ or steamed with veggies and rice paper to roll up and drinks. A dish of clams, snails, fish, squid (depending on the catch) ranges between 40k-60k and beer is 10k. edit
- Minh Tam Restaurtant, 396 Lac Long Quan (Directly across the street from Lang Co Beach Resort), ☎ 01282729203. This restaurant opened in August, 2015. The owner, Thuat, speaks very good English and is working hard to make his restaurant inviting to all of his guests; both locals and foreigners. Thuat and his wife do all of the cooking and are still in the process of finalizing the menu. Prices are very reasonable: 50,000-65,000VND, including delicious local seafood dishes. Meat and seafood dishes include rice. They also cater to vegetarians and people with other food allergies. Thuat, who also ownes Chi Na Guesthouse next door, is an extremely friendly guy and makes eating at his restaurant a very pleasant experience! edit
- Lang Co Beach Resort, ☎ 84 (54) 873 555. The Green Bar: 100 seats, located along the Beach. It is in an elevated position overlooking the beach and great place to have a few drinks and food. The Night Bar: 50 seats, Rattan chairs and carved Vietnamese furniture. A pool table and a dart board are located inside. edit
There are budget hotels located along Highway 1A, and more under construction. The rooms cost around 200,000-400,000 VND per night. Most of these hotels do not have back-up power and the Vietnam power supplier regularly cuts power off to the region starting from anywhere from 5 am through to 7 pm. The resorts on the beach generally have back-up generators.
- Quynh Lien Hotel (Khach San Quyen Lien), Highway 1A, Loan Ly, Lang Co Town (On the lagoon side of Highway 1A about 500 m north of Lang Co Beach Resort), ☎ (84-054)3873429 (email@example.com), . Small hotel which is newly built with very clean rooms. Free wifi, laundry, viewing area on the 5th floor where you can grab a cheap beer and take in the great views of the sea to the east and the lagoon / mountains to the west. Double 15USD; Suite 18 USD; Twin 20 USD. edit
- Mai Nga Hotel (Giới thiệu khách sạn Mai Nga), Highway 1A, Lang Co town, (On the lagoon side of Highway 1A about 500 m south of Lang Co Beach Resort), ☎ 054-3874432, Mobile: 0913431197 - 0903522123 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Small hotel which is newly built with very spacious and clean rooms. Free wifi, restaurant, laundry, Karaoke, Car Rental, currency exchange. Range from 10 USD to 25 USD depending on the room. edit
- Lang Co Beach Resort, Lang Co Town, Phu Loc District, Thua Thien Hue Province, Vietnam, ☎ 84 (54) 873 555, . The resort has 84 guest rooms, 57 deluxe villas, suites and 27 budget rooms. Pricing depends on the season. Check the website for further details. Budget room: 15-40 USD. Garden-view: 40-100 USD. Ocean-view Villa: 45-110 USD. Ocean-front Villa: 60-120 USD. Ocean suite: 100-200 USD. 15 USD - 200 USD. edit
- Thanh Tam Seaside Resort (email@example.com), Lang Co - Phu Loc - Thua Thien Hue District (Next door to Lang Co Beach Resort), ☎ 0543.874.456, . checkin: 1400; checkout: 1200. This resort is probably the best valued resort. It has a similar layout and design as Lang Co Beach Resort, with budget rooms up to suites on the beach. This resort has the most foreign visitors in the area. The beach in front of the resort generally has several foreign sunbathers. 15 -200 USD. edit
- Nirvana Spa & Resort, Langco beach, Langco Town, Phu Loc District, Thua Thien Hue Province (Along the coast road going out to Chan May Port), ☎ 054 3684777, . Nirvana is newly constructed resort in the Chan-May economic zone. It is a large complex with many facilities. Rooms range from 159 USD for a Superior through to 399 USD for the Directorial Suite. 159-399 USD. edit
There are several internet shops scattered along Highway 1A, but more are concentrated down the small road down to the market (entrance to the road, is the first right from the toll booth coming from Danang). The shops will generally be filled with local children playing online games. The cost is about 5,000 VND / hour.
Hoi An is about 1 hour taxi from Lang Co and a car can be hired for approximately 700,000 VND.
Hue is about 1.5 hour drive from Lang Co. Local buses/vans go to Hue throughout the day. You just need to stand on the side of the road and wave at one that has a sign in the front that says Hue, Hanoi. These buses are the cheapest mode of transport but can get very stuffy and packed to the rim. Tourist buses are a better option and tickets can be purchased at Thanh Tam resort, where the bus stops.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!