Landisville is a town in Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
Landisville, PA is a small town situated in Lancaster County. While it is a small town, there are a lot of things to see and do in and around Landisville. Landisville is home to a diverse group of people. It is also the home of Hempfield High School and East Hempfield Township Police Department. Landisville is a good destination to be secluded from the hustle and bustle but also close to all the action.
By Car -If traveling on Route 283, simply get off at the Landisville exit. This exit takes you right into the center of Landisville. -If coming from Lancaster City, travel West on Harrisburg Pike and keep driving and you will eventually make it into Landisville. -If traveling on Route 30, get off at the Prospect Road exit and go North on Prospect Road, this will lead you into the town. All of these options will lead you through the scenic views the Landisville and Lancaster County have to offer.
By Air -Lancaster airport is conveniently located in Lititz which is situated in Lancaster County at the intersection of Route 501 and Lititz Pike. When arriving at Lancaster Airport, you would need to take a car or taxi from the airport South on US 722, which will lead you right into Landisville. This would be a convenient option for traveler from far distances.
The most convenient way to get around Landisville is by car. If your are not coming in by car, the best options would be to make arangements to rent a car for the duration of your visit. While there is taxi and bus services, they are not frequent in Landisville and would not be a good option for seeing everything that Landisville and the surrounding towns have to offer. If you traveled in by plane there are two car rental companies right in the terminal, Hertz and Avis. If you came in via Amtrak at the Lancaster station, you can take a taxi from the station to Enterprise Rent-A-Car at 1470 Manheim Pike. If you have the capacity to do so, riding a bike around Landisville is another great option to see the sites that the small town has to offer. While this is strongly suggested, there are a lot of hills around the town and might be a little difficult at times. This is a great option to get around Landisville itself, but if your are planning on visiting the other sites near by, it is once again strongly suggested to have a car to get around.
- Amos Herr Family Homestead - A historic site that will take you back in time. The house is restored but still contains a lot of antiques and the original 1844 construction. The house was originally owned by Hans Herr, who was one of the earliest settlers in Lancaster. The estate stayed in the family until the death of Amos Herr in 1987. He gave the estate to the East Hempfield Township in stipulation that the grounds would be used for public good. Before Amos Herr died, the park and the township building, which both still stand on the grounds, were built. The park and the house are great fun for the whole family. for more information about the history of the estate and upcoming events on the grounds, visit .
- The Amish Country - located near the Rockvale outlets, about 30 minutes from Landisville is the famous Amish Country. Visit this to experience the culture and lifestyles of the Amish. This is a fun and interactive stop for all ages and could include a tour of an Amish familys household and maybe even a horse and buggy ride. But please be courteous of the wishes of the Amish people and remember that they may believe things you do not.
- Hershey Gardens - Located in Hershey, Pennslyvania about 30 minutes from Landisville is the beautiful Hershey Gardens. This has a wide array of plants and is definitly a site to stop at.
- Zoo America - Also located in Hershey, right across the street from Hershey Park is Zoo America. Zoo America is a fun and interactive zoo that is great for all ages. If you are planning on visiting Hershey Park, the admission to Zoo America is free!
During your visit to Landisville you will probably encounter many annual traditions that the locals put on. If you do not happen to come in on one of those days, don't worry there is still a lot to do that is not far away.
- Honey Run - A 5K run held every year in the fall that starts and ends at A Herr Park.
- Pensylvania Classic Soccer Tournament - Held in the fall and spring of every year, soccer teams from all around the country come to compete. This event brings in thousands of people so if you are planning on attending, make your hotel reservations early.
- Cops and Rodders - A new event that will be held that showcases a wide array of classic cars from all over the state and also the local cop cars. Many local food vendors are also planning on attending so bring your appetite.
- Fleemarkets - Held every Memorial and Labor Day. The entire Landisville neighborhood participates and many treasures can be found among the tables and neighborhoods.
- Roots - A famers market that is held every Tuesday in Lititz. Features local fresh produce, meats and baked goods as well as individual vendors selling their handcrafted products.
- Local Sporting Events - Hempfield High School is actually located right in the middle of Landisville, so if your are interested in high school sports they have some kind of sports competition almost everyday. The high school also puts on several plays, musicals, and their one of a kind Dance Theatre several times throughout the academic year. 
- Hershey Park - Hershey Park and Hershey's Chocolate world is about a 30 minutes drive from Landisville.
There are a lot of great places to shop near Landisville. Inside Landisville you have your common shopping places like CVS/Pharmacy, grocery stores, and Kmart.
If you are looking to do some actual shopping, it is only a short car ride to a variety of different stores.
- Park City Mall- Park City offers a very wide variety of shopping that will satisfy everyone. Stores range from While House, Black Market and William & Sanoma to Game Stop and Justice. Park City does not just offer stores, but it also has bunch of food places in the food court, around the inside of the mall, and on the outskirts of the parking lot. Food stops are, but definitly not limited to, Auntie Annies, Burger King, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden and Long Horn Steak House. 
- Rockvale Outlets - The Rockvale Outlets are located about a 30 minute drive from Landisville. The shops included in these outlets will also satisfy everyone in the family with shops including Pottery Barn, Gold Toe, Under Amour, and much, much more. There are also food stops close by including AppleBee's and Fudruckers.
- Tanger Outlets - The Tanger Outlets are also located about a 30 minute drive from Landisville. These shops include Coach, American Eagle, Zumiez, and of course a lot more. Food stops near the Tanger Outlets include Sonic, Arby's and Subway. If you cannot decide which outlet store you want to go to...DON'T WORRY! The two are only about 5 minutes apart from each other, and Park City Mall is located on Route 30, and you pass it on the way to the two outlet centers. 
- Black Knight Tavern and Grill - A small restaurant based around the local high school, Hempfield, whose mascot it the Black Knight. The menu consists of many different apetizers, entrees, and desserts for everyone in the family at an affordable price. This restaurant is located at 335 Main Street, right in the center of Landisville.
- Parma Pizza - A laid back pizza parlor that offers not only pizza but subs and burgers as well. Located in the center of landisville, inside a small shopping center, at 301 Main Street.
- Hot-Z Pizza - Another pizza restaurant that offers a variety of things to eat, and even a bar area. Located at 3001 Harrisburg Pike, this restaurant is a good stop for lunch or dinner. 
- Longhorn Steakhouse - This restaurant serves a variety of high grade meat, but the menu also includes salads and and kids selections. This restaurant is located at 993 Plaza Boulevard. 
- TGI Friday's - This chain restaurant is located at 629 Park City Center. 
- Ramono's Macaroni Grill - This restaurant serves a variety of delicious pastas along with other yummy entree's. It is located 925 Plaza Boulevard.
- Olive Garden - This chain restaurant serves a variety of Italian inspired dishes. It is located at 910 Plaza Boulevard. 
- JB Dawson's - This is another chain restaurant that serves a variety of foods and drinks on their menu. It is located at 491 Park City Center. 
- Qdoba Mexican Grill - Another chain restaurant that is more the family that wants something a little more quick. This location is at 142 Park City Center. 
Because Landisville is such a small town, there is really no place to stay inside on the actual town but there is plenty of great places right near it to stay.
- Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster - 101 Granite Run Drive 1-717-560-0880 
- Fairfield Inn Lancaster - 150 Granite Run Drive 1-717-581-1800 
- Heritage Hotel Lancaster - 500 Centerville Rd 800-223-8963 
- Sleep Inn and Suites Lancaster - 310 Primrose Lane 1-717-285-0444 
The most convenient way to get out, would be the same way you got in. By car, train, or plane.