Lambertville, NJ on left - New Hope, PA on the right
Lambertville is a city in Hunterdon County, New Jersey along the Delaware River and across from New Hope, Pennsylvania. It is 40 miles northeast of Philadelphia and 70 miles southwest of New York City.
Lambertville is a small city that has preserved much of its historic charm. There are many antique shops, art galleries as well as culinary events throughout the town.
Coryell's Ferry Militia reenacting James Monroe's crossing of the Delaware River
New Jersey Route 29 goes through the city and leads south to Trenton and north to the river towns of Stockton, Frenchtown & Milford. New Jersey Route 179 winds through the Amwell Valley from the east and US Route 202's last exit on the Jersey side empties into the far north side of Lambertville. Parking is metered in the central business district.
Trans Bridge Lines offers regular bus service to/ from Lambertville on their Doylestown Route. This particular line goes from Bethlehem, PA to Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City. Also features Newark (EWR) Airport service. Stops and times differ and are updated online often. Air conditioned with free wifi on board.
Lambertville can be reached indirectly from Philadelphia area SEPTA trains. At the northern terminus of the Lansdale/ Doylestown Line, a transfer could be made to an eastbound Trans Bridge bus, but must be timed properly. Another rail option from Pennsylvania is the
West Trenton Line SEPTA, which terminates 11 miles south of Lambertville. Car, taxi (or for the more adventurous) bicycle, are options from the West Trenton station.
Trans Bridge Bus does sometimes stop at Newark Airport. Trenton Mercer Airport is 12 miles south of the city.
Delaware Raritan Canal State Park Towpath runs north to Milford and south to Trenton. There is also a parallel canal towpath on the Pennsylvania side of the river.
Lambertville's on-street parking is metered from York to Ferry streets, Monday - Saturday 9am - 9pm & Sundays 1pm - 9pm. People with bicycles will find easy parking at the corners of S. Union & Mt. Hope streets (across from Cavallo Park) in the south part of the city and in the north by following River Rd past the Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead Museum. Kayaking or canoeing is a unique way to see Lambertville, but at just about .25 sq miles, downtown Lambertville is perfect for walking.
- Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead Museum, 1605 Daniel Bray Highway, ☎ 908-788-5885, . Sundays 1-4pm (May-October), Wednesdays 9am-Noon (Year Round). On the northern border of Lambertville, in Delaware Twp, this museum is dedicated to preserving Hunterdon County's rural heritage from the 18th into the 20th centuries. edit
- The Marshall House, ☎ +1 609-397-0770, . April 6-Oct 31: Sa-Su 1PM-4PM. They show 1834 furnishings, Shad history display and quilts. edit
- Riverside Symphonia, ☎ +1 609-397-7300, . Professional orchestra and world-class soloists performing classical, chamber and pops repertoire in a beautiful setting. edit
- Roxey Ballet, ☎ +1 609-397-7616, . A non-profit professional ballet company with performances throughout the year. Check website for performances. edit
Goat Hill Overlook in West Amwell.
- Bike or run the towpath Bike rentals can be done locally at Pure Energy Cycling.
- Birdhouse Center for the Arts, 7 N. Main St, ☎ 215-681-4660. The Birdhouse Center for the Arts has occasional live music performances, with an abundance of music/ dance related classes. edit
- Fish in the Delaware or the Canal (keep in mind NJ state regulations).
- Goat Hill Overlook, Goat Hill & George Washington Roads, West Amwell, NJ (When driving on Goat Hill Road, look for George Washington Road. The road will turn to gravel and narrow. Parking will be on your left.). Get an amazing panoramic view of the river and its valley and hills. Best during sunrise. edit
- Kayak/ canoe the D&R Canal or boat the Delaware River There are some easily visible places along the canal to put in your kayak or canoe, but some low foot bridges may make you want to go in north of River Rd in Delaware Twp or south across from the Golden Nugget Antique Market in Titusville. For boaters on the Delaware, the ramp into the river is free and is located behind Lambertville Station's parking lot. Go through their parking lot and bear to the paved part on the right to get to the ramp. When using the river, always check the water level. The Delaware gets very shallow and rocky south of Stockton and there's a wing dam in the middle of the river toward the south of Lambertville.
- Walk over the bridge - Most tourists don't just go to Lambertville, they also cross the Delaware River over the walking side of the New Hope-Lambertville Bridge to New Hope, PA. There is a painted line in the middle of the bridge showing the border between New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Zanya Spa & Salon, 287 S. Main St, Suite 7, ☎ 609-773-0770. Monday: 10–4 Tuesday - Thursday: 10–9 Friday: 10–6 Saturday: 9-5 Sunday: 10-5. Hair, makeup, facial, waxing, massage & various other special spa packages. edit
Lambertville always has a lot going on, but there are some annual events to be aware of, as hotels become harder to come by during these weeks.
- Lambertville New Hope Winter Festival, . Usually in late January. The river cities' winter festival has great food, drink and a famous "Chili Cook-Off" where local restaurants compete against each other to concoct the best bowl of chili in the area. This is often the first event to sell out every year. edit
- Shad Festival. The city's most famous festival, on a weekend in late April in honor of the Shad fish, which makes its way through the Delaware river each spring. edit
- Food Fair. This event happens two times a year in June and October. Parts of N. Union St are blocked off and over 15 food trucks with a Biergarten are present during these festivals. edit
- Restaurant Week. Lambertville partners with New Hope on the two towns' restaurant week. Usually in March. edit
- Broadmoor Antiques, 6 N. Union Street, ☎ 609-397-8802. Lambertville's finest Antiques Center with an ever changing selection of Fine Art, Antiques & Style Pieces, and Decorations. Catering to Designers, Dealers and Retail. edit
- Golden Nugget Flea Market, 1850 River Road (Route 29) (South of town on Route 29), ☎ 609-397-0811, . Wed, Sat & Sun 6am - 4pm (Year Round). Right across the county line, Gold Nugget Flea Market is a proper entrance into Lambertville, an antique lover's paradise. edit
- Rago Arts and Auctions, 333 N. Main St., ☎ 609-397-9374, . Has many different types of auctions. edit
Breakfast & Lunch
- Annie's Gourmet, 5 N. Union St., ☎ 609-397-0009, . Mon & Fri 9am-5pm, Wed & Thu 9am-4pm, Sat 8am-5pm, Sun 8am-4pm, Closed Tuesdays. $$. edit
- Bagel Delights, 1 Cherry St, ☎ 609-397-4500. Tu - Fri 6am - 2pm, Sat&Sun 7am-1pm, Closed Mondays. Cash only $. edit
- City Market, 74 N. Main St., ☎ 609-397-2929, . Everyday 6am-9pm. edit
- Full Moon Cafe, 23 Bridge St., ☎ 609-397-1096, . Mon 8am-3pm, Wed-Fri 8am-3pm, Sat & Sun 9am-4pm, Closed Tuesdays. $$. edit
- Sneddon's Luncheonette, 47 Bridge St., ☎ 609-397-3053. Mon-Sat 6am-2pm, Sun 7am-2pm. $. edit
- Buck's Coffee & Ice Cream, 25 Bridge St, ☎ 609-773-0888. Mon - Th 7am - 9pm, Fri 7am - 10pm, Sat 8am - 10pm, Sun 8am - 9pm. $. edit
- Lambertville Trading Company, 43 Bridge St., ☎ 609-397-2232, . M-Th 7am-9pm, Fri 7am-10pm, Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-9pm. $. edit
- Rojo's Roastery, 243 N. Union St, ☎ 609-397-0040, . Mon-Fri 7am-6pm, Sat 8am-6pm, Sun 8am-5pm. Gourmet coffee. Rated by Zagat's blog in 2013 as the best coffee shop in the state of New Jersey. $. edit
- d'floret, 18 South Main Street (Entrance on Lily Street), ☎ 609 -397 -7400, . Sunday Brunch 12-2PM, Wednesday 5-10PM Thursday 5-10PM Friday 5-10PM Saturday 5-10PM Sunday 4-10PM. Modern American $$$. edit
- Lily's on the Canal, 2 Canal St (You enter along Bridge St, right near the canal path), ☎ 609-397-6242, . Lunch Hours: Wed - Sat: 11:30am - 3pm, Sun 12pm-3pm, Dinner Hours: Wed & Thurs: 5pm - 9pm, Fri & Sat: 5pm - 10pm, Sun: 4:30pm - 7:30pm, Closed Mondays & Tuesdays Sunday: 12 - 3pm,. Features outside dining overlooking the towpath. BYOB - BUT, there is an exception, you can buy wine by the bottle here. $$. edit
- More Than Q, 13 Klines Ct, Lambertville, NJ 08530, . BBQ & Smoked Meats edit
- Panda Bistro, 1 Cherry St, ☎ 609-397-8886. Mon-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri&Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 12pm-10pm. Casual Chinese American/ Takeout $$. edit
- Brian's, 9 Klines Ct, ☎ 609-460-4148, . Tue 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm Wed 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm Thu 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm Fri 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm Sat 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm Sun 9:00 am - 2:00 pm 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Closed Mondays. French $$$ - Cash only. edit
- Manon, 19 N Union St, ☎ 609-397-2596. Wed - Thu: 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm, Fri - Sat: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Sun: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Closed Mondays & Tuesdays. Provencale French $$$ - Cash Only. edit
- Caffe Galleria, 74 North Main Street, ☎ 609-397-2929, . Sun - Thurs 7am - 9pm, Fri & Sat 7am - 10pm. Does breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cafe, Gelato, American, Italian $$. edit
- Giuseppe’s Ristorante, 40 Bridge St, ☎ 609-397-1500, . Tue 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Wed & Thu 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Fri & Sat 11:00 am - 11:00 pm, Sun 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Closed Mondays. Italian/ Pizza $$. edit
- Ota-Ya, 21 Ferry St, ☎ 609-397-9228. Everyday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm. Japanese, Sushi $$. edit
- Hamilton's Grill Room, 8 Coryell St (Entrance is along Coryell St in the Porkyard), ☎ 609-397-4343, . Mon 11:30 am - 2:30 pm 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Tue 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Wed 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Thu 11:30 am - 2:30 pm 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Fri 11:30 am - 2:30 pm 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm Sat 11:30 am - 2:30 pm 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm Sun 11:30 am - 2:30 pm 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Beautiful restaurant alongside the canal path. $$$$. edit
- Aztlan Mexican Grill, 11½ Church St, ☎ 609- 397-7272, . Tue - Sun, Closed Mondays. Mexican $$. edit
- El Tule, 49 N Main St, ☎ 609-773-0007, . Tue - Sun, Closed Mondays. Mexican & Peruvian $$. edit
- Tacos Cancun, 20 N Main St, ☎ 609-397-3182, . Everyday 9:30am - 10pm. Mexican deli & grocery $. edit
- Marhaba, 77 S Union St, ☎ 609-397-7777, . Mon 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Tue 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Wed 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Thu 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Fri 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Sat 11:00 am - 9:00 pm Sun 11:00 am - 11:00 pm. Mediterranean, Egyptian, Lebanese $$. edit
- Catanzareti Pizza & Italian Restaurant, 1 Cherry St, ☎ 609-397-2992. Mon-Sat 11am-9:30pm, Sun 12pm-9:30pm. Take-out pizza/ casual dine-in $. edit
- DiNapoli's, 15 Kline's Ct, ☎ 609-483-2977. Mon-Fri 11:30am-8pm, Sat 11am-8pm, Sun 11am-7pm. Hoagies, Italian sandwiches & salads $. edit
- Liberty Hall Pizza, 243 N Union St, ☎ 609-397-8400. Hours: Tues-Sun 5pm-10pm. Gourmet dine-in pizza $$. edit
- Nicola's Pizza, 4 N Franklin St, ☎ 609-397-0212. Dining hours: Sun - Thurs 11am - 10:30pm, Fri & Sat 11am - 11pm, Delivery hours: 11:30am - 12:30am. Take-out pizza with cozy dining area $. edit
- Thai Tida, 236 N Union St, ☎ 609-397-6701, . Mon-Sat 11:30 am - 9:00 pm Sun 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm. $$. edit
- Buck's Coffee & Ice Cream, 25 Bridge St, ☎ 609-773-0888. Mon - Th 7am - 9pm, Fri 7am - 10pm, Sat 8am - 10pm, Sun 8am - 9pm. edit
- oWowcow Creamery, 237 N. Union Street, ☎ 609-397-2234, . Summer hours: 11am-10pm everyday. $. edit
Restaurants in Lambertville that serve alcohol:
- Anton's at the Swan, 43 S. Main St. (Corner of S. Main and Swan St.), ☎ 609-397-1960, . Tues -Thurs 5pm -10pm, Fri 5pm - 11pm, Sat 1pm - 11pm, Sun 1pm -9pm. Elegant traditional American dining in a historic building. Bar = Swan Bar. $$$. edit
- Bell's Tavern, 183 N. Union St, ☎ 609-397-2226, . M-Th 6pm-9:30pm, F&S 5pm-10pm, Sun 5pm-9pm. Traditional old American ambiance, but specializes in Italian dining. There are even half portion plate options. The bar area is in the center of the tavern and houses a large HD TV with over five beers on tap. Fine dining table options are offered as well. Cash Only $$. edit
- Deanna's Restaurant, 54 N. Franklin St, ☎ 609-397-8957, . Tues - Thurs 4:30-9:30pm, Fri & Sat 4:30-10pm, Closed Sundays and Mondays. Fine Italian dining with an elegant bar at the center of the restaurant. $$$. edit
- Inn of the Hawke, 74 S. Union St., ☎ 609-397-9555, . Restaurant hours: Mon - Fri 12pm - 9:30pm, Sat 12pm - 10pm, Sun 10am - 10pm. The bar for drinks is open later. Traditional American cuisine, featuring a bar that serves many local and craft beers. $$. edit
- Lambertville Station, 11 Bridge St., ☎ 609-397-8300, . Restaurant hours: Mon - Thurs 11:30am - 10pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am - 11pm, Sun 10:30am - 10pm. Bar hours will often go later.. This is the restaurant part of Lambertville Station, which is in a different building than the hotel. In the warm months, there is a scenic Canal Bar, overlooking the old train tracks and D&R Canal. In the basement, there is a cozy bar with a good craft beer selection. Traditional American $$$. edit
- Left Bank Lounge at the Lambertville House, 32 Bridge St., ☎ 888-867-8859, . This bar also has a restaurant. All are located in the Lambertville House Hotel, mentioned in the Sleep section. $$$. edit
- The Boat House, 8 Coryell St., ☎ 609-397-2244. M - Sun 4pm-12am. You'll feel like you stepped back in time at this posh wine bar across from Hamilton's Grill Room. Hidden. Off Coryell St in the area known as "The Porkyard." edit
- Mitchell's Cafe, ☎ +1 609-397-9853. A locals hangout serving bottled beer, plus wine and spirits. Attached to Aztlan Mexican Grill edit.
- Tomasello Winery Tasting Room, 1 N. Union St., ☎ 609-397-5577, . Sun-Wed 11am-6pm, Th 11am-7pm, Fri& Sat 10am-8pm. Tomasello Winery is the second oldest winery in the state of New Jersey and is located in Hammonton, New Jersey and has a tasting room in downtown Lambertville. A flight of wine costs $5 and you can buy bottles to take to many of the nearby BYOBs. edit
- Walker's Wine & Spirits, 86 Bridge St, ☎ 609-397-0625. Mon - Sat: 9:00 am - 9:30 pm Sun: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm. edit
- Wonderful World of WInes, 8 S. Union St, ☎ 609-397-0273, . Mon - Thurs 9am - 9pm, Fri & Sat 9am - 10pm, Sun 9am - 8pm. edit
Lambertville and New Hope are well-known for their bed & breakfasts, but the list below shows those lodging options in Lambertville.
- Inn of the Hawke, 74 S. Union St., ☎ 609-397-9555, . This Inn's rooms are attached to a bar/ restaurant which is in a former mansion that is more than 170 years old. Breakfast for guests is served from 8:30am - 10am. It features six guest rooms, four with private bathrooms. $$. edit
- Lambertville House, 32 Bridge St., ☎ 609-397-0200 or 888-867-8859, . Lodging in the heart of town, right on the corner of Bridge & Union streets. $$$. edit
- Lambertville Station, 11 Bridge St., ☎ 609-397-4400, . Luxurious riverside accommodations with 46 newly renovated rooms. $$$. edit
- Chimney Hill Estate, 207 Goat Hill Rd, West Amwell, NJ, ☎ 609-397-1516, . A fancy, yet rustic B&B located on Goat Hill in nearby West Amwell. Tennis courts, pool . . . and an alpaca farm. $$$. edit
- Bridge Street House, 75 Bridge St, ☎ 609-397-5900, . A guest house & art gallery right on Bridge Street. edit
For more traditional hotels, the New Hope side has a Rodeway Inn & Suites (2 miles), as does Flemington, NJ (11 miles). Trenton Mercer Airport has a Courtyard Marriott located on the Ewing/ Hopewell border (12 miles).
New Hope, Pennsylvania is right across the bridge and offers additional accommodations, restaurants, late night bars, plus a brew pub, tourist train, live theatre and a children's museum.
In the area
Tubing, Kayak & Canoe rentals
The Delaware River is deeper and better navigable north of Stockton. Both of these companies offer various options for fun on the river.
- Bull's Island Recreation Area has spots ideal for canoeing & kayaking, as well as cooking and camping sites, along with a pedestrian bridge (Lumberville-Raven Rock Bridge) across the river to the PA side. (6 miles)
Wikipedia:Lambertville, New Jersey