Lake Country is in the Okanagan region of British Columbia. It is a collective name for administrative and travel purposes given to the communities of Winfield, Oyama, Okanagan Centre and Carr's Landing.
- Public buses that run approx. every hour in one direction and a new Vernon bus as well
- Kelowna International Airport is approx. 10minutes away by car.
- Local cab company 'Lake Country Taxi & Shuttle' operates cabs here.
If you have a car you can also drive to Vernon, Kelowna, Westbank, or any of the other surrounding communities.
- Lake Country Taxi, ( 250 ) 766 4440. Friendly service and the best drivers in the business. They will also pick you up from the airport and off the Greyhound bus and take you to one of the hotels, or any other place you wish to go. Also ask about their 2 buses, a 20 passenger and 21 passenger, call and book for your special event needs!
- There is also a public bus that goes around Winfield approx. every hour. You can see the schedule here
- You're also able to bike, or walk around the area as most of the roads off the highway aren't usually that busy. There are bike lanes/pedestrian areas along most of these roads as well.
- Lake Country Museum, . A bit of history on Okanagan Lake. This museum has a lot of neat things for families/individuals to look at. The staff there is friendly and know a lot about the history of the area.
- Access to many different lakes (Okanagan Lake, Wood Lake, Duck Lake, Kalamalka Lake, Beaver Lake, Dee Lake)
- Various hiking areas
- Many beaches in the immediate area
- Gray Monk Estate Winery, 1055 Camp Road in OK Center. Winery offering tours, Free tastings, A Restaurant and a great view of Okanagan Lake.
- Arrowleaf Winery 1574 Camp road in OK Centre  Winery offering tastings for $2 and a beautiful location to bring a picnic on a westerly facing slope with a great view of Okanagan Lake. They are right across the road from Ex Nihilo.
- Ex Nihilo Winery 1525 Camp road in OK Centre  Winery offering tastings for $5 also a beautiful view of Okanagan Lake they are right across the road from Arrowleaf Winery.
- Creekside Theater - Offers lots of local, and non-local acts including music, plays, and films. Located just off HWY 97N (Berry Road Intersection) On Bottom Wood Lake Road. It's easy to find, and is a pleasant place to sit back and enjoy some local talent.
- Various hiking trails in the area - Drive up Beaver Lake Road, and there are a few trails along the way. A popular one for hikers/atv/dirtbikers is The High Rim Trail - which runs from Vernon, through Lake Country to Kelowna. WALC(walk around lake country) Along with the District and a group of volunteers they have created a map of walking trails 
- Art Walk - Held in September. This year September 6th and 7th. A show for local artists to show off their talent. Always a really interesting thing to go and see - you can also buy pieces of art off of the artists. There are things for children to do, and there is live music throughout most of the two days.
- Aspen Grove Golf Course, Bottom Wood Lake Road, . A nice quiet golf course that offers some great holes, and some great food.
- Oyama Zip Line, Where the rides are wicked! Located on Oyama Lake Road. Awesome Three Hours Course with 3900' of Zip Lines.
- Lots of opportunites to do water sports in the summer - you can choose from one of the many lakes in the area, and test your skills at wakeboarding, water skiing, or just dragging the kids behind the boat in tubes.
- Skatepark located in Swalwell Park for all those skateboarder/bmx lovers out there
- Trethewey Spray Park located in Swalwell Park for all those children looking for relief from the heat!
- Various sport areas - soccer, baseball, basketball. Every park located in Lake Country has a soccer field. Reiswig Park (Located on Woodsdale Road) is the most popular park for soccer. It also has a beach area, as well as a trail that leads to Beasley Park (which also has beach access) that is right beside it. Reiswig park also has picnic tables that can be used for families to picnic at. Swalwell Park has a baseball diamond, soccer field, and various sculptures in the area. Jack Seaton Park has baseball diamonds, and a tennis court available for the public to use.
- Many different beaches to swim at. As already mentioned, there is Reiswig park, and Beasley Park (both located on Woodsdale Road)
There are also beaches in OK Center (Follow Oceola Road down) There is also a boat launch in OK Center - with enough room to park your vehicle and trailer there. Watch out though, the road down there is small and winds a lot, and a lot of traffic builds up down there in the summer. In Oyama (Follow HWY 97N North towards Vernon) there is Kalamalka Lake Park - a nice beach area that includes BBQ's, a nice beach, lots of shade and a playground for kids. There is also a biking/walking trail that leads along the lake to other beaches and such.
There are Two Local Clothing Stores
- Shari's Garment Garden Is a great second hand consignment store on Hill Road off of HWY 97.
- Plankz N Threadz They carry clothing and footwear from top brands such as Astar, Billabong, DC, Emerica, Etnies, Fox, Quiksilver, Roxy & Shift.
There are Three Local Grocery Stores
- IGA off Hwy 97 Down Berry Road and right through the traffic circle on Main Street.
- Cooper's Off HWY 97 by the McDonald's
- Farmers Fruit and Produce Is located at the intersection of HWY 97 and Pollard Road.
There is a Farmers Market at Swalwell Park on Bottomwood Lake rd. June 1 to September 30 3pm to 7pm every Friday.
There are Two Local Pharmacies
- Paragon Pharmacy 8-10051 Highway 97
- IDA Pharmacy 59-9522 Main Street
List of stores in the Cooper Mall area:
- Cooper's Grocery
- Your Dollar Store With More
- Lake Country Liquor Store
- Interior Savings Credit Union
- IDA Pharmacy
- John Beales Accountant
- Lake Country Optometry
- Health First Chiropractic
- There are other stores located in this area as well!!
List of stores in the A&W Mall area:
- A&W Restaurant
- Fusion Hair Salon
- Osho Japanese Restaurant
- Plankz' N Threadz
- Expert Hearing Solutions
- Cafe Caliente
List of stores in the IGA Mall area:
- Winfield Bakery
- Just Because Boutique
- Sears Retail Outlet
- Lake Country Farm & Pet Supply
- Paragon Pharmacy
- Winfield Laundromat
- Wooden Nickel
- CIBC Bank
- Lordco Auto Parts
- Rainbow Travel
- Capri Insurance
- Canadian 2 for 1 Pizza
- There are other stores located in this area as well!!
List of Stores in the Lakewood Mall area.
- Cellar Art Wines a U Brew/U Vine
- Barber Shop
- Bottle Depot
- Club Blackbelts
- Winfield Chinese Restaurant
- Chantana's Thai Restaurant
- Tim Horton's
- There are other stores located in this area as well!!
There is a variety of choices food wise in Lake Country, it just depends on how much time you have, and what you're in the mood for.
- McDonalds - Located in the Cooper's Mall Area.
- A&W - Located just off HWY 97N (Hill Rd Intersection).
- Subway - Located just off HWY 97N (Hill Rd Intersection, right beside A&W).
- Little Caesar's Pizza - Located right beside Subway, A&W.
- Canadian 2 for 1 Pizza - Located in the IGA Mall Area - Just off HWY 97N (Berry Rd Intersection).
- Tim Horton's - Located at the intersection of HWY 97 and Oceola Road.
- Papito's Pizza -Located kitty corner to the Shell Gas station nest to a gas station.
- Woody's Pub, just off Hwy 97N (Pollard Rd Intersection). Woody's has a good food menu, and a good drink selection. It's a pub that allows smoking, but you hardly notice it outside of the smoking area, as it's really well vented. There is also a patio you can sit on when the weather is nice :) They have drink specials, and food specials every day - and it's a really good deal, you get a lot for how much you pay. Try the Sunday's Steak Sandwhich special - it comes with fries, caesar salad, and a steak onto of garlic bread - it's REALLY good. The staff their is really friendly, and seem to always come to offer you more drinks right when your glass is empty. They also have fun things like karaoke nights, live bands that play, sports events and other events that take place throughout the month.
It gets really busy in there on weekend nights, but you can still always manage to find a table!
- Turtle Bay Marina Pub, Woodsdale Rd (Follow HWY 97N towards Vernon). Turtle Bay is right beside Wood Lake - their patio actually looks over it. It is a family restaurant now, but they are still technically a pub. They have really good food, and good drink specials, and their staff is friendly as well. You cannot smoke inside the building, but you can smoke outside - not sure if you can smoke on the patio or not. Their Wing special, which is on Wednesday, is always busy as the wings are really good. If you like hot wings, go here and order their hottest - they will burn your mouth! Also, while you're there, try their Turtle Trax - which are criss-cross fries topped with nacho toppings - so good.
- Aspen Grove, Bottom Woods Lake Rd. Aspen Grove is at the golf course. They have good food, and of course, serve alcohol. It's a little bit more expensive than Woody's or Turtle Bay - but worth it. Also, they have golf + food specials - so, if you like golf you should check this place out!
- Gray Monk Grapevine Restaurant, Camp Rd,  Located inside the winery is this Covered Patio restaurant. The staff is friendly, and the menu has a variety of different choices. Also, it has a beautiful view, so you can't beat that! Call ahead and make a reservation, otherwise you won't get a table!
- Ricardo's Mediterranean Kitchen, Off HWY 97 take Commonwealth Rd all the way to the end, and the restaurant is on your right. Nice little restaurant - serves mostly pasta, and European dishes. Their rack of lamb is excellent - but if you want to try it, be there early, as they usually sell out! Staff is friendly, and very quick - and are always smiling. Food is absolutely excellent. They serve alcohol, and have a variety of local wines that you can try with your meal. The atmosphere is very ambient, it makes a great place to take that special someone on a date! Call ahead and make a reservation, otherwise you won't get a table!
- Wooden Nickel Cafe, in the IGA Mall Area. This place is absolutely amazing. It serves breakfast and lunch, but is closed for dinner. They have really excellent food, at good prices -their breakfast is excellent. The staff there is friendly, and always tend to your needs. The inside isn't very decorated, but don't let that throw you off - the pictures they have on their walls tell a lot about the history of the area -it's really neat to go around and look at them all. If you're in the mood for a good breakfast of eggs, toast and whatever else your heart desires - try going here! (Closed on Tuesdays) As of Feb. 3 2011 The Wooden Nickel is now open for Dinner service on Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights until 8pm giving Lake country another choice for dinner.
- The Jammery, off HWY 97N near Duck Lake. The Jammery serves breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea - here they serve a good variety of food made with BC fruit. There is also an area where you can watch them make jam, and can taste the jam in their gift shop. They also serve it along with their food - it's very good jam! Everyone raves about their breakfast waffles - they are huge! So, if you like waffles, and freshly made jam - you should check this place out!
- The Greek House Woodsdale Rd. Serves Greek food - very good Greek food. It's a family owned business, run by a very nice couple. Their staff is friendly, and take the time out to chat with you about the food, and are always there when you need something. They have the BEST ribs I have ever had, and their greek potatoes are amazing. They also serve pitas with tzatziki dip - which is something you should try if you haven't. The They also have a lot of local wines that you can have with your meal, along with a variety of other beverages. It IS a family restaurant, so you can bring your children. The atmosphere is friendly and inviting, and they also have a patio that you can be seated on when the weather is nice. If you are planning to go here, call ahead and make reservations - as they are always full of people!
- Winfield Chinese Restaurant, in the Lakewood Mall area (Off HWY 97 - Oceola Rd Intersection). Never actually been here, or eaten here, but I hear it's pretty good. They have good ginger beef, and they used to serve North American food as well (I'm not entirely sure if they still do)
- Mama Shpengi's A Steak Rib and Pizza Joint. Across from IGA Mall area. They serve a variety of dishes.
We have three great coffee Shops.
- Lake Country Coffee House on Bottom Wood Lake Road. Lake Country Coffee House serves homemade breakfast and lunch with local and organic ingredients. We have a large menu of regular and specialty coffees also including iced beverages. The coffee house shows art on their walls by local artists.
- Cafe Caliente off HWY 97 (Hill Rd Intersection) by the A&W.
- Ok Patio Cafe on okanagan center road (on the okanagan lake side of lake country)Serving breakfast& lunch from Curry to Salads and great sweets, boxed lunches to take down to the beach or out on the boat. Fresh Fruit Smoothies and the best Cinnamon Buns
All have patios, and are very cozy, artsy places to have some coffee.
If you want to sit and drink in a pub, then try either Woody's Pub , Turtle Bay Marina or Aspen Grove - both have specials every night of the week, and both have great staff.
To buy alcohol, there are 4 different liquor stores:
- Woody's Beer Store, beside Woody's Pub. Good selection of alcohol, nice staff.
- Lake Country Liquor Store, in Cooper's Mall Area. Wide variety of alcohol - newly renovated store.
- Gov't Liquor Store, in IGA Mall area. It's a gov't liquor store. The beer is warm, but it's cheaper!
- Oyama General Store, in the Ward of Oyama inside the general Store they sell liquor.
- Lake Country Inn 10010 Hwy 97 North
- Super Eight Motel 9564 Hwy 97 North
- 'Camping & RV'
- Holiday Park RV & Condo Resort 415 Commonwealth Road
- Beaver Lake Mountain Resort 6350 Beaver Lake Road
- Klub Kalamalka 17451 Crystal Waters Road
- Owlsnest Resort & Marina 8 4111 Evans Road
- Oyama Lake Resort 7425 Oyama Lake Road
- Dee Lake Wilderness Resort 10250 Dee Lake Road
- Wood Lake Terrace RV and Camping 14808 Hwy 97
- Wood Lake Resort & Marina 2930 Woodsdale Road
- The Orchard RV Retreat 4391 Eyles Road
- Ley's RV Park 13411 Oyama Road
Some travelers prefer to live in Winfield before their departure from Kelowna Airport because it is near to the airport.One may get out of Winfield to Vernon or Kelowna by BC Transit route 90 North Okanagan Connector