Lake Bracciano (Lago di Bracciano) is a lake in the Italian region of Lazio, 32 km northwest of Rome. It has a perimeter of approximately 32 km. Three towns border the lake, Bracciano, Anguillara Sabazia and Trevignano Romano.
View of Anguillara on Lake Bracciano
The lake is a popular location for Romans at weekends, particularly during the summer when the area can get extremely crowded. It serves as a drinking water reservoir for Rome and the use of motorboats is forbidden. This makes Bracciano one of the cleanest lakes of Italy. Swimming, sailing and other watersports are permitted.
The towns of Anguillara and Bracciano can be reached by train from Ostiense railway station in Rome. By car, take Rome’s ring road (the GRA) to the Cassia bis exit and follow the signs to the lake. Alternatively, you can take the coastal Autostrada in the direction of Civitavecchia, leaving it at Cerveteri and following signs to Bracciano.
- Bracciano is a small town mainly famous for a well-preserved 15th Century castle (Castello Odescalchi), which has hosted a number of events, most famously the wedding of actors Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes on 18 November 2006. 
- Anguillara Sabazia is built on a small cape that sticks out into the lake. Three kilometres east of the town lies the small Lake Martignano. This is not accessible by car and requires a short walk from the parking area. Unlike Lake Bracciano it is very undeveloped.
- Trevignano Romano is on the north side of the lake. It has some pleasant lakeside walks and is the lake’s main sailing center.
A seaplane at the Italian Air Force museum
- Italian Air Force Museum (Museo Storico Aeronautica Militare), Vigna Di Valle (on the southernmost point of the lake between Bracciano and Anguillara), ☎ +390699887509 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . 09.30-16.30 in winter and 09.30-17.30 in summer. Closed on Mondays. A superb collection of planes housed in the hangars of Italy's first seaplane base. Exhibits range from the pioneers of flight and WWI fighters up to Italian military planes of the present day. This is one of the largest collections of its type in the world and is really well displayed. Free of charge. edit
- Chalet del Lago. Perfect setting right on the lake with great views of Anguillara. Has been used as a set by several directors, including Fellini. Good wine list. (Just before Anguillara as you approach from Bracciano) 
- Albergo Borgo Vistalago - Via Garbaldi, 61 - 00169 Trevignano Romano (RM), Italy  Telepone + 39 06 9997701 • Fax +39 06 33973586. Boutique hotel located in the picturesque town of Trevignano Romano on the shores of Lake Bracciano with a large choice of bedrooms and suites with private bath, shower or bathtub, satellite TV and much more. The Wi-Fi connection is available in the common areas. Standard room: 78 euros with breakfast included.
- EcoAlbergo Bracciano – Piazza Giuseppe Mazzini, 12 - 00052 Bracciano, Italy.  • Telephone +39 06 99804893 • Fax +39 06 62202701. Eco-friendly accommodation near Rome, housed in an old building completely renovated and equipped with 13 single and double rooms. All with private bathrooms, Wi-Fi and satellite TV. Single room: Euros 55. Double: Euro 68. Breakfast is not included.
- La Gismonda, via della Cisterna, 6 - 00062 Bracciano (RM) (hamlet Pisciarelli), ☎ (+39) 0699815284 (email@example.com), . edit
PIT Bracciano (Tourism Office), piazza IV Novembre (chalet), ☎ (+39) 0699816262 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . lu-do 15:00-19:00, sa-do 10:00-13:00. edit
The Etruscan tombs of Cerveteri are just 20 minutes from Bracciano to the southwest. Closer, but along a winding road to the northeast, leaving the lake at Trevignano, is Sutri, which has an interesting Roman amphitheatre carved out of rock.