Kushinagar  is a city in Uttar Pradesh in India. It is the holy site of the Buddha Shakyamuni's death.
Buses between Gorakhpur and Kushinagar are frequent and take around 2 hours.
- Indo-Japanese-Srilankan Temple. edit
- Eva's Mahaparinirvana Temple. edit
- Museum of the Netherlands. edit
Soak up the peaceful atmosphere, conducive to meditation and reflection.
- Yama Cafe
- Restaurant at Pathik Niwas
- Dhabas near Mahaparinirvana Temple
- Tibetan Monastery: both donation and by payment available
- Pathik Niwas: Uttar Pradesh tourism
- Wear clothing that expresses respect for the sacred nature of the site.
- Circumambulate the stupas and other sacred objects in a clockwise direction.
- Preserve the peace and tranquillity.
- Do not climb onto statues or other sacred objects.