Kruje Castle, once headquarter of Skanderbeg, Albania's national hero
Kruje, also Kruja in English, is a city in Albania just north of Tirana.
 Get in
There are many buses to Kruje from Tirana. They depart next to a market behind the train station (best to ask directions from the train station). The trip lasts about one hour.
 Get around
Kruje is small enough to get around on foot very easily. It is built on a mountainside, with the one-street bazaar the central attraction, and the renovated castle just above and to the south.
- Old Bazaar where many souvenir, antique shops, traditional costume knittings and carpet workshops are located.
- Skanderbeg Museum inside Kruja Castle
- Kruja Ethnographic Museum  located next to the castle in an old ottoman house full of furniture and artifacts.
- Dollma Bektashi Tekke
- Enjoy the panoramic views of the Adriatic Sea from the castle.
- Leave your impressions at the Skanderbeg Museum Guestbook
- Go for a walk along the newly opened pedestrian street and take a peak at the many restaurant and souvenir shops alongside
- Visit the Sarisalltik Bektashi Temple at the top of Skanderbeg Mountain
Some beautiful carpets, hand-made felt items such as slippers, antiques including traditional costumes of all sorts, and lots of more or less kitsch "Albania" red paraphernalia with the eagle on it.
- Bar Restaurant Panorama located near the castle features typical local dishes such as Pule me Qull (village chicken), and Kabuni. Taste local Raki made from cornelian cherry and blackberries!
- Restaurant Kalaja. Sit on the second floor and enjoy a beautiful panoramic setting while tasting a wide range of Albanian wines.
- Hotel Panorama. Located near the Old Bazaar, this hotel features rooms starting from 25 EUR and Wifi in every room.
 Get out