|Host City for
|Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
| Mountain Cluster
Olympics  · Sochi 2014 
Summer in Krasnaya Polyana
Krasnaya Polyana (Russian: Красная Поляна, KRUSS-nah-yah poh-LYAH-nah ) is one of the most expensive and popular (mainly at national level) winter ski resorts in Russia. Located 40 km away from the Black Sea coast and from the city of Sochi, it is, nevertheless, included into Adler District of this city.
During the preparations to 2014 Olympics, all mountain cluster construction work is concentrated in Krasnaya Polyana. This makes stay here less comfortable at present.
By bus / marshrutka
Bus route 105 goes to Krasnaya Polyana from Sochi central bus terminal via Sochi International Airport (225 RUR, about 2 hrs). Another option is to catch bus 135 from the center of Adler. Both routes have stops in Krasnaya Polyana settlement and Esto-Sadok, finishing at Alpika-Service.
Marshrutkas, or minibuses, of the same routes have more frequent service, the fare can be a bit more expensive.
A brand new 45-kilometer rail line with several tunnels is being constructed now from Adler of Sochi to Krasnaya Polyana. The start of its operation is scheduled in 2013, several months prior to the Sochi Olympics. There will be 2 train stations in the area of Krasnaya Polyana: Esto-Sadok and Alpika-Service.
Taxi is quite expensive, but still the most convenient way to reach Krasnaya Polyana.
Expect to pay in average 1,500 RUR for a ride from Central Sochi or 1,200 from Adler / Sochi International Airport. Most hotels can arrange transfers as well, the price for that can be slightly more expensive.
The place is 40 km away from Adler. The road will take 30 minutes to get from Adler / airport, or 1 hour from Central Sochi.
There are no car rentals in Krasnaya Polyana, so if you decide to use one, find it at Sochi International Airport.
- Aibga ridge. edit
- Anton Tammsaare museum, Tammsaare str., 86 (Esto-Sadok). Anton Hansen Tammsaare (1878-1940) is an Estonian famous writer. He spent 7 years living in Krasnaya Polyana for medical treatment reasons. The exposition inside his former house includes personal belongings, books, photos, homeware, traditional crafts, folk instruments, and documents, illustrating also the history of Estonian settlers in Krasnaya Polyana. edit
- Krasnaya Polyana Beegarden. edit
- Wild Animal Nursery of Caucasian Biosphere Reserve (Вольерный комплекс Кавказского биосферного заповедника). edit
- Rosa Khutor Alpine Resort (Alpine skiing, snowboarding), Esto-Sadok, Olympiyskaya 35, ☎ +78622430430, . edit
- Snowboarding. edit
- Heli-Ski, (From Krasnaya Polyana Heli-Port). edit
- Bowling (at Tatyana Alpik hotel), Esto-Sadok, 156, ☎ +7 (8622) 43-9000. Professional 2-lines bowling, a 12-feet table for Russian billiard and American pool. 750 RUR per hour for a bowling line. edit
- Perevalny Tea (Перевальный чай). edit
- Honey. edit
- Freeride, Michurina 1/1. edit
- Alpindustria, Michurina 1/1, ☎ +7(8622) 437-017, . 9:00-20:00. edit
- Achishkho (Ачишхо), Achishkhovskaya street, 1, ☎ +7 (918) 104 63 24. Caucasian and Russian cuisine. Dishes are prepared at charcoal grill, tandoor, and Russian stove. There is an indoor hunter-style decorated dining area and few riverside pavilions outdoor. edit
- Athmosphere (Атмосфера), Michurina street, 2, ☎ +7 (8622) 93 03 13. 11-00 AM till the last visitor. Cosy and stylish restaurant of French, Russian and Caucasian cuisine, with live music and nice decor. The place is famous for its chief cook, who is from Chamonix, France. 1,000-1,500 RUR per person. edit
- Polyana (Поляна), Berezovaya street, 134, ☎ +7 918 406 16 60. 12.00-0.00. Good restaurant of Mediterranean and Russian cuisine. Has its own trout pool. There is a cheeper canteen with this restaurant, open before 6 PM. 500-1,500 RUR per person. edit
- Greenwood, Esto-Sadok, 11, ☎ +7 (8622) 33-85-46. Krasnaya Ployana's most odious bar and disco-club. Large dance floor, DJ performances, regular show programs. Entrance 150 - 250 RUR. edit
- Trikoni, Krasnaya Polyana, Michurina street, 1, ☎ +7 (918) 001 19 74. 10-30 - 2-00 AM. A bustling bar, which acts as an Alpine proriders' and instructors' headquarter. edit
- Le chef, Pchelovodov street 23 (krasnaya polyana), ☎ +7 (8622) 438-168, . french restaurant with a really english pub where can find e very good beer. the kitchen is french with russian-european touch. 2000 rubles. edit
View at Aibga ridge from Polyana Grand Hotel, Krasnaya Polyana
Krasnaya Polyana differs from the rest of Sochi, as it has the hot season in winter (skiing and snowboarding time) and the off-season in summer (too far away from the Black Sea coast). The hotel prices react accordingly.
- Mountain Skit Hostel, Achishhovskaya str. 8. A hostel offering the most budget accommodation in Krasnaya Polyana. 300-500 RUR per person per night depending on room. edit
- Dom Aborigena, Turchinskogo str. 13, 1/2, ☎ +7 (916) 696-4025, +7 (918) 407-1306 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Inexpensive lodge, consisting of two houses. Single from 1,700 RUR, double from 2,200 RUR, depending on room. Breakfast is not included. edit
- Aibga, Esto-Sadok, 146, ☎ +7 (8622) 66-20-02 (email@example.com, fax: +7 (928) 450-13-61), . This 3-star hotel offers 22 rooms, swimming pool (in summer only), cafe and bar, sauna. Transfer arrangements and car rental are possible. edit
- Gala Plaza, Olympiyskaya street 22 (Near Alpika Service chairlift, at Aibga ridge foothill). 49 rooms hotel, conveniently located right near Krasnaya Polyana's highest chairlift, few steps from future Alpika Service train station and in the heart of Olympic mountain cluster. The other side of this coin is much of construction works around. Single 2,500 RUR, double 2,800-8,600 RUR depending on room and season. edit
- Rai Ski Domik, Pereulok Zaschitnokov Kavkaza 45. An Alpine-style guesthouse having 10 comfortable rooms, with a Caucasian restaurant, caraoke and free wi-fi. Price vary from the season from 1,900 RUR (summer) to 3,500 RUR (winter skiing season) for a double room per night. edit
- Tatyana Alpik, Esto-Sadok, ☎ +7 (8622) 439-000 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Located at the foot of Aigba ridge, close to Mountain Carousel cable-car. 26 rooms, Finnish sauna, comfortable bar, Russian cuisine restaurant, and the only professional bowling facility in the area. Double from 1,800 (summer) to 3,800 (winter). edit
- Vertical, Esto-Sadok, 141, ☎ +7 (8622) 43-9192. A 3-star 6-floor hotel with a roofed swimmimg pool, restaurant and other facilities. Offers various sport and leisure programs, including heli-ski. edit
- Peak Hotel, Zaschitnikov Kavkaza street 77, Krasnaya Polyana. 97 comfortable rooms and villas, one of the first Krasnaya Polyana hotels, shuttle transportation is needed for getting to any chairlift. Away from construction works, what is a real advantage during the preparation of 2014 Olympics. From 6,500 RUR for a standard double/twin to 25,000 RUR for a villa (up to 8 persons).. edit
- Polyana Grand Hotel, Achipsinskaya street 16. This luxury resort hotel occupies a large and scenic territory between Achipse river and Psekhako ridge, 1 km away of Esto-Sadok residential area. 5-star facilities include rooms and villas. Restaurants, spa-center and conference facilities are excellent for organizing official events here, or just for deluxe leisure. Russian President's residence in Krasnaya Polyana is located next to Polyana Grand Hotel's fence. Double 13,500 - 25,000 RUR, villa (up to 7 guests) 60,000 RUR. edit
- Park Inn, Rosa Khutor Alpine Ski Resort Urochische Rzanaya Polyana St 1, ☎ +7 8622 419 222, . Located in the heart of the Alpine Ski Resort Development, serves as the perfect base for exploring Russia's most popular skiing destination. Services include a fitness centre, restaurant and bar, ski storage area and lobby lounge and bar. edit
- Sochi Marriott Krasnaya Polyana, Gorky Gorod Resort, Vremena Goda emb., 1, ☎ +7 862 245 53 50, . A luxurious 5* hotel located at the Gorky Gorod - year-round mountain ski resort. Ideally positioned at the foothills of the Caucasus Mountains, the hotel provide its guests with quick and easy access to the ski runs. Also, the hotel offers a premium SPA-centre, indoor and outdoor pools, kid's facilities (kid's playground and club, cpecial menu in restaurants, kid's zone in pools). This is an excellent choise for active breaks, spa weekends and family vacation. edit
- Post Office of Krasnaya Polyana, Trudovoy Slavy str. 3, ☎ +7 (8622) 43-7431. Tue-Sat 9AM - 5PM. edit
- Nature Cafe, GES street, 30. edit
Wikipedia:Krasnaya Polyana, Krasnodar Krai