Korla (库尔勒; Kùěrlè) is a city on the ancient Silk Road in Xinjiang Province in China.
Korla Airport is a short cab ride away. Flights are available from (Urumqi,Xi`an,Zhenzhou, Chengdu,Chonqing and Beijing.)Air China, China Southern Arlines, Westair China, Tianjin Airline.
Korla Railway Station is at the southeast corner of the city.
- Kashgar - takes about 14 hours
- Urumqi - takes about 12 hours
The Bus Station is at Beishan Road.
- Hotan - takes about 26 hours
- Kashgar - takes about 18 hours
- Kuqa - takes about 4 hours
- Ruoqiang - takes about 6 hours
- Urumqi - takes about 8 hours
- Yining - takes about 30 hours
- Tiemen Guan, Tiemen Guan (North of Korla). Tiemen Guan is an ancient pass on the Silk Road that connects the north of Xinjiang to the south. It is also the last gate of the Great Wall of China. The top of the mountain has a monument to two lovers similar to Romeo and Juliet. Hiking around one can see lots of Chinese handwriting inscribed on the cliffs. This scenic spot is located in a valley that contains a large reservoir. At Tiemen Guan you can not only hike but also catch fish and BBQ them beside the stream. This is the most popular hike in Korla and has many people during any season. The cost to get into the gate is 8 RMB per person and 5 RMB for one car. There is also a bus from Korla to here for only 2 RMB. IF you have more time you can walk from the city which only takes one hour. edit
In June 2014, Aston English, A local English language school, started the first ever Korla Western Restaurant Competition. This competition judged restaurants not only on Quality of the food, price and service but also on English speaking abilities. The participants in this first competition are listed below.
- 欧旦美食 (Royal), 库尔勒市建国北路德福花苑旁 (Korla north jianguo road, next to the Defu garden), ☎ 0996-2011155. Participant in the Aston English Western Competition 2014 Royal has a blend of Turkish, Chinese and Western influences that make this place one of a kind. Step off the noisy streets and into this restaurant and one feels like they are in an oasis. Turkic or Russian music play throughout while friendly servers and staff greet you with the utmost professionalism. If you can't speak Chinese or Uyghur no worries the manager speaks English fluently and works most of the time. When ordering there are many things to pick from including Chinese dishes, local dishes and foreign foods. One Recommendation is the Turkish steak served with green peppers, cucumbers and onions for only 32 RMB. If you want something to drink with that try some of their fresh squeezed juice or indulge in a pot of Turkish tea. Royal was voted best overall western restaurant in Korla, Xinjiang during Aston English's first annual Western Restaurant Competition.
- 体会咖啡 (Feel Coffee), 金三角金都广场22F (Korla Jinsanjiao Jindu squar 22F), ☎ 0996-2227888, . 11:00am-3:00am. Participant in the Aston English Western Competition 2014 Feel Coffee, as one of Korla's most notable western restaurants definitely lives up to its name. Located on the 22nd floor overlooking the city the food is as good as the view. The best time to come is at night when the lights below make the city come alive (ask for a window seat). If you are looking for a good steak look no further, Feel Coffee has it. You can order a T-bone for just 88 RMB and if you want the whole meal it will only cost you 98 RMB. Besides the steak you can find some of the best wine in the city here and even get a glass of the house wine for just 16 RMB. Feel Coffee was voted number one for best steak in Korla, Xinjiang during Aston English's first annual Western Restaurant Competition.
- 金巴斯 (King Bass), 新市政府湖滨步行街5-46 (New city government HuBinBuxingjie 5-46), ☎ 0996-2033222. Participant in the Aston English Western Competition 2014 If you want to impress your boss, date or friends this is the King Bass is the place to bring them. Located near one of Korla's prettiest lake park the views from this restaurant are great. Take a nice boat ride on the lake and then head here for a memorable dinner. The food is very good and prepared excellently, including the pizza. Anyone who has lived in China can tell you how hard it is to find a good pizza but King Bass has the real deal. Their special pizza loaded with lots of meat and real cheese is only 55 RMB. Another must have item, although a little pricy is the coffee. Ask for one of the special coffee pots that makes it right at your table and see how cool it is. King Bass was voted number one for best Pizza in Korla, Xinjiang during Aston English's first annual Western Restaurant Competition. $$.
- 库尔勒海尔巴格餐饮美都 (Herembag), 库尔勒市团结路与英下路十字路口(若何澜大厦) (Kurle Tuanjie road and Yingxia road), ☎ 18999229856, . Participant in the Aston English Western Competition 2014 Herembag is a big name in Xinjiang because of the restaurants located throughout the province but the one in Korla is very good. With some of the best food in the city a meal here is never a bad idea. The Turkish and Russian food is amazing and the special Uyghur dumpling soup (Choochuro) is fantastic. I would recommend the Donor Kebabs (32 RMB) or the Baklava (68 RMB). For drinks try one of their signature iced flavored coffees. Herembag was voted number one for best overall food in Korla, Xinjiang during Aston English's first annual Western Restaurant Competition.
- 印象·江南 (Yin Xiang·Jiang Nan), 育花路印象·江南咖啡西餐厅 (Yuhua road), ☎ 13579036515, . One laowai (foreigner) after eating here was quoted saying "I'd bring a date here." That's exactly the atmosphere Yinxiang tries to create. Romantic and relaxed with good food and drinks Yinxiang can offer you a pleasant evening in an upscale restaurant. One of the bigger Restaurants in Korla, Yinxiang always has plenty of room, whether it is dinner just for two or the whole family. One of the great things about this place is it offers full meals so you don't have to worry about what to order with your steak. This restaurant also has an impressive wine collection which is surely able to satisfy the tastes of everyone. Yinxiang was voted number one for best atmosphere in Korla, Xinjiang during Aston English's first annual Western Restaurant Competition.
- Bayinguoleng Hotel, Renmin East Road, ☎ +86 996 2022118 (fax: +86 996 2022118). edit