Konni is a hill town in Central Travancore in India.
Malayalam is the official language. People can read and write English.
Tiruvalla Railway Station (55 km) is in the district. Chengannur Railway Station (46 km).
Buses to Pathanamthitta are operated right from the arrival gate of Chengannur Railway Station in every 2 minutes. From Pathanamthitta buses are available to Konni every 5 minutes. Distance from Pathanamthitta to Konni is 9 km.
Both the state run KSRTC and Private Luxury Bus are available from Pathanamthitta to Konni. All the buses to Punalur and Pathanapuram passes through Konni.
To reach Konni by road:
- Kochi - Alappuzha - Changanassery - Tiruvalla - Pathanamthitta - Kumbazha- Konni
- Thiruvananthapuram - Anchal - punalur - Pathanapuram - Konni
- Munnar / Thekkadi - Kanjirappally - Erumeli - Ranni - Pathanamthitta - Konni
- Thenkasi - Punalur - Pathanapuram - Konni
- Bus - local bus service system is very efficient in Pathanamthitta and is the most economical way to commute.
- Autoricksha - This is cheap way of transportation facility between attractions.
- Taxi - Both Local taxis and Tourist Taxis are available at cheap rates.
- Car - There are many Car rental companies offering cars with drivers or self drive.
- Konni Elephant Cage. Konni is the gateway to the forest bordering the district. In the past, wild elephants caught from the forests were brought here and put in wooden cages known as Anakoodu to be tamed and trained for work. It is situated 11 km away from Pathanamthitta. edit
- Trekking. Lot of forest area. edit
- Surya, (Opposite Konni Bus Stand). One of the cheap and normal bars. Not bad. edit
"Kutty's" A 3 star facility located across Konni Jn. for refreshment and relaxation with reasonably good standard.
- Residency inn (A/c & Nor A/c), Market Junction. Neat & Standard edit