Kingston  is a small city in New York's Hudson Valley, 91 miles north of New York City and 50 miles south of Albany. It is the county seat of Ulster County and was the first capital of New York state. It was ransacked and burned by the British during the American Revolution.
- Stewart International Airport, 1180 First St, New Windsor (~40 miles south), +1 845 564-2100, . The closest major airport, but at present offers few direct flights to major destinations.
- Albany International Airport 737 Albany-Shaker Rd, Albany (~65 miles north), +1 518 242-2200 (information center), . Offers flights to most eastern US cities.
- Westchester County Airport, 240 Airport Road, White Plains, +1 914-995-4860 (airlines), . Several counties away, but an alternative to the congestion of the 3 major international airports around New York City. Rental cars available.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey, , John F. Kennedy International Airport , and LaGuardia Airport : Livery cars offer service to and from 3 major international airports. Amtrak offer rail links from Rhinebeck.
N.Y.S. thruway exit 19.
- Amtrak, . Rail service from Rhinecliff station in Rhinebeck to New York City's Penn Station and other points. Rhinebeck is across the Hudson River, via the Kingston-Rhinecliff Ferry (see below) or the Kingston-Rhinecliff bridge.
- Kingston-Rhinecliff Ferry, . Access to Kingston from the Rhinecliff Amtrak station is available by ferry during the summer. The Kingston-Rhinecliff Ferry operates between the Rhinecliff river dock, which is accessible from the Amtrak Station, and the Kingston waterfront at the Riverport Wooden Boat Building School at 50 Rondout Landing. The ferry makes five round trips on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during the summer months. The schedule is coordinated with Amtrak arrivals and departures at the Rhinecliff station.
- Take a cruise on the river aboard the Rip Van Winkle, +1 845 340-4700,  or the Teal, +1 845 679-8205, .
- See exhibits on the maritime history of the Hudson River and the regional industries—such as agriculture, brick, and, before the advent of refrigeration, ice—that depended on the river for transportation. Hudson River Maritime Museum, 50 Rondout Landing, +1 845 338-0071, . May–October, F–M 11AM–4:00PM. Also has collections of paintings and boats.
- Trolley Museum of New York, 89 East Strand (Rondout waterfront), +1 845 331-3399, . Memorial Day Weekend–Columbus Day, Sa, Su & holidays, noon–5PM. Trolley rides Sa & Su, May-October, from the museum to Kingston Point Park.
Hudson Valley Mall
- Rosita's, 86 Rondout Landing, +1 845 339-5372. Mexican/American cuisine. Waterfront dining, with outdoor patio.
- Buffalo Wild Wings, Hudson Valley Mall, '. Great wings, blazin' sauce, and anything you can think of.
- Courtyard Kingston, 500 Frank Sottile Blvd, ☎ +1 845 382-2300 (fax: +1 845 382-2132), . edit
- Holiday Inn, 503 Washington Ave, ☎ +1 845 338-0400, . edit
- Hampton Inn (Hampton Inn), Ulster Ave.. edit
- Super Lodge, 129 New York 28, ☎ 845-338-4200, . checkin: 1pm; checkout: 11am. edit
WikiPedia:Kingston, New York