Kidwelly  is a small town in Carmarthenshire, South Wales in the United Kingdom. It has a population of 3000 people and its major attraction is a well kept 12th century castle.
- Trains depart Swansea every two hours for Carmarthen and make a stop in Kidwelly. The journey takes about thirty-five minutes. Note, however, that as Kidwelly is a stop-on-demand station, travelers will need to flag down an approaching train in order for it to stop
- Bus number X11 (Swansea – Carmarthen) operates every 30 minutes and 111 (Swansea – Kidwelly) every 30 minutes on week days, and every hours on Sunday.
- Kidwelly Castle. Kidwelly Castle is a twelfth century Norman fort overlooking the town. Although it has not been lived in since the seventeenth century, the castle is in good condition and visitors can climb up many of the towers and walk along the walls. The castle is about 1 and a half km from the station.
- Parish Church. A typical example of a Norman parish church.
The tour company Dark Deeds is based in Kidwelly. They are unique in that they offer the only crime tours in Wales. Local author and crime historian Bob Hinton takes you to some of the most famous crime scenes in Carmarthenshire. If crime isn’t your thing he can also arrange Ghost tours and heritage tours. For those of you wishing to trace your roots his Family tree tour is the one for you. Details can be found on the website www.darkdeedswales.com
There are no major retail stores in kidwelly apart from an average sized Co-op, Spar convenience store and Travis Perkins. There is a local flower shop and Kidwelly has the oldest Renault dealership in the UK which is named after the founders family name Gravells which is owned by his sons now. They have recently taken on Kia cars in which a new showroom has been opened next to the Murco petrol station thet have on site. There are plans for a bigger showroom to be built in the industrial part right next to Kidwelly By-Pass.
- The Anthony's public house
The Mason Arms on Water Street is a thatched roof pub just a short walk away from Kidwelly Castle. The new, friendly owners insist the pub is over 700 years old and haunted with over two dozen friendly spirits. Enquire about Friday evening seances. Welsh ales by the Felinfoel brewery on draught and meals until 9PM.
TIME FOR TEA Tea Rooms, Kidwelly - Christmas 2008 - Gifts for Sale on Wednesday, 3 December - come along and buy some beautiful and unusual gifts - Also on sale complementary healthcare vouchers for reflexology, indian head massage, aromatherapy and spa events with Healing Hands and The Holistic Sanctuary, Pen-y-mynydd. Qualified complementary healthcare practitioners will be on hand to answer your queries and guide you through your purchases. Time for Tea will also be giving some free refreshments during this festive event! Come along and have some fun!
- Kidwelly Bed & Breakfast, 62 Causeway St, Kidwelly, SA17 4SU, ☎ 01554890716, . Award winning accommodation in the centre of Kidwelly - 4 rooms all en-suite.Free car park, free high speed Wi-fi, all rooms en-suite. Tripadvisor Five star Certificate of excellence for 2013. www.stayinkidwelly.com edit
See Swansea Bay City Region for more highlights of the surrounding area.