Khammam is the district head-quarters of Khammam District in Andhra Pradesh.
Khammam is 200km from Hyderabad via road and 250km from Hyderabad via rail route.
Hyd to Suryapeta (135 KM), Suryapet to Khammam (65 KM).
Hyd -> Sec'Bad, SecBad -> Kazipet -> Warangal -> KHAMMAM.
Khammam -> Madhira -> Vijayawada.
- The major attraction in the town is " Narasimha Swamy Temple " which is located on the top of a hill which is the center of the town. It is few kilometers away from bus-station.
- Another major attraction is " khammam fort " which is built by Nizams.It is also few kilometers away from bus station.
- Khammam has good quality theatres all over the town. Tirumala Theater, Srinivasa Theater, Vinoda Theater, Nartaki to name a few. Mostly Telugu and Hindi movies will be shown.
- List of Function halls in Khammam: PSR Function Hall,TTD Function Hall,Kirana Jaggery Merchants Association Function Hall, Varthaka Sangham and Swarna Bharathi
- An evening at Tank Bund near sequel resorts is a good pass time.
Kaman Bazar is famous for shopping clothes, bangles and footwear
Gandhi chowk is the center for jewelery market
- For resutants one of the famous is "Haveli" on the wyra raod. Try Tawa Fish, Chilli Prawns and Tawa Chicken in Non-Veg Menu. Also try Menthi Chaman with Naans in the Veg Menu. Boneless Chicken Biryani and Fish Biryani is also good.
- ISTA is another restaurant which is good
Both the above restaurants are economical
- Roadside tiffin vendors are available all over the town. These tiffins are really cheap and delicious. A must try
- Mirchi Bajji and Jelabi is very famous at Pavilion ground and near Railway station
- Krishna Bar and Restaurant is a famous joint for people who booze. A lot number of delicious snacks will be served with drinks
Chiken Biryani just Rs.140/-
+91-8742-222512 (or) 08742-222512