Kerhonkson is a small hamlet which, along with Accord, makes up the Town of Rochester in Ulster County, part of the Catskills region in New York State. Kerhonkson is located near the convergence of routes US 44, NY 55, and US 209.
Kerhonkson is located in the humid continental climate zone and has cold, snowy winters, and hot, wet summers; the hamlet experiences four distinct seasons. Kerhonkson is located in plant hardiness zone 6a. Snowfall is significant. Kerhonkson is close enough to the Atlantic coast to receive heavy snow from Nor'easters and the hamlet occasionally receives Alberta clippers. Winters can be very cold with fluctuating conditions. Summers in Kerhonkson can contain stretches of excessive heat and humidity.
The closest airport with commercial flights near Kerhonkson will be Stewart International Airport (SWF) in New Windsor, NY (About 35 miles, 1 hour driving time). Next closest will be Albany International Airport (ALB) in Albany (About 87 miles, 1.5 hours driving time). The next choices will be the major airports in the New York City area. Some type of ground transportation to Kerhonkson will be needed to complete your journey.
- Stewart International Airport (SWF), 1130 1st Street, New Windsor, NY, ☎ +1 845-838-8200, . Offers daily commercial flights with Delta, Jetblue Airways, and US Airways. A connection to Kerhonkson may be available with Ulster County Area Transit (UCAT). edit
- Albany International Airport (ALB), 737 Albany Shaker Road, Albany, NY, ☎ +1 518-242-2200, . Offers daily commercial flights with Cape Air, Delta, Southwest Airlines, United, US Airways. edit
- AMTRAK, 41 Main Street, Poughkeepsie, NY, ☎ +1 800-638-7646, . AMTRAK has a train station in Poughkeepsie, about 27 miles East of Kerhonkson and 1 hour driving time. A connection to Kerhonkson may be available with Ulster County Area Transit (UCAT). edit
The easiest and most common way to reach Kerhonkson is by driving an automobile or other road vehicle. US Route 44, US Route 209, and NY State Road 55 all intersect in Kerhonkson. These are generally two lane roads that are also used as local roads. Use caution when traveling these roads, as they are not designed for high speeds.
- Shortline-Coach USA, 6337 Route 209 (Sunoco Mart), ☎ +1 800-631-8405, . Shortline Bus Line-Coach USA offers three bus trips daily between Kerhonkson and New York City. Other ground transportation will be needed once inside Kerhonkson. edit
- Pine Hill Trailways, New Paltz, ☎ +1 800-776-7548, . Pine Hill Trailways offers several bus trips daily between New York City and New Paltz. Ground transportation will be needed between New Paltz to Kerhonkson. A connection may be available with Ulster County Area Transit (UCAT). edit
- Ulster County Area Transit (UCAT), ☎ +1 845-340-3333, . UCAT offers bus service inside Ulster County, and connects Kerhonkson with neighboring towns. UCAT directly serves US Route 209 in Kerhonkson with the "E" Route. Check the website for exact schedule and details. edit
The easiest way to travel around Kerhonkson is by automobile. US Route 44, US Route 209, and NY State Road 55 all intersect in Kerhonkson. Local roads are usually two-lane asphalt or single-lane gravel roads.
- Accord/Kerhonkson Taxi-Limo Service, ☎ +1 845-626-9620. Offers local taxi service. Phone for information. edit
- Bradford Graves Sculpture Park, Route 209, ☎ +1 845-230-0521, . Sculpture Park with over 200 pieces of artwork, by Bradford Graves. By appointment only. edit
- Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Route 209, ☎ +1 845-647-6080. Chapel with Sunday services. edit
- Federated Church of Kerhonkson, 35 - 42nd Street, ☎ +1 845-626-8160, . A federation of Reform Church of America and United Methodist Church. edit
- Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church, 211 Foordmore Road, ☎ +1 845-626-9783, . Wooden church, built in an architectural style resembling churches in the Carpathian Mountains of Ukraine. edit
- Kerhonkson Synagogue and Jewish Center, 26 Minnewaska Trail, ☎ +1 845-626-7260, . Offers fellowship for those of the Jewish faith. edit
Chomsky, the giant garden gnome at Kelder's Farm in Kerhonkson.
- Norwegian Wood Farm, 15 Old Queens Highway, ☎ +1 845-616-3608, . Equestrian services, offers horseback riding lessons and related. edit
- Arrowhead Farm, 5941 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-7293. Farm tours available in the spring. Maple syrup is sold year-round. edit
- Burd Farm, 6611 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-7620. Offering a U-Pick farm for pumpkins and strawberries. There is a farm stand with vegetables, flowers, and plants for sale. Hayrides in the Fall. edit
- Kelder's Farm, 5755 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-7137, . Offering a U-pick farm for various fruits and vegetables. Also a Farmer Market, petting zoo, tours and mini-golf. Home of Chomsky, the giant garden gnome. edit
- Sugar Brook Maple Farm, 351 Samsonville Road, ☎ +1 845-626-3466. Farm tours available in the Spring. Maple syrup and products may be purchased year-round. edit
- Wightman Fruit Farm, 130 Baker Road, ☎ +1 845-626-5319, . Apple and fruit farm. Offers U-Pick option or buying fruits Farm Market style. edit
- The Gunks Guide, 134 Minnewaska Trail, ☎ +1 888-812-0345, . Nick Farley offers his services as a rock climbing guide. Full day and half day guide services offered. AMGA Certified and PCGI Certified for rock climbing. edit
- Minnewaska State Park Preserve, 5281 Route 44-55, ☎ +1 845-255-0752, . Visitors can also enjoy hiking, biking, swimming, picnicking, scuba-diving, rock-climbing, boating and viewing the natural scenery. Horseback riding and cross-country ski trails are available as well. Technical Rock Climbing permitted. (Some parts of the park are still rebuilding from Hurricane Irene damage) edit
Salon & Spa
- Aquarius Styling Center, 6117 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-7995. Offers hair styling and beauty salon services for men and women. edit
- Tip to Toe Studio, 5914 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-3166. Offers hair styling and beauty salon services for men and women. edit
- Quiet Mountain Sanctuary, 190 Stiller Berg Strada, ☎ +1 845-626-7234, . Offers amenities and activities to inspire balance, healing, and wellness. Located in Catskill State Park. edit
- Catskill Native Nursery, 607 Samsonville Road, ☎ +1 845-626-2758, . 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM; Closed Tues-Wed. Offers 600 species of perennials, herbs, ornamental and fruiting shrubs and trees, water lilies and wetland plants as well as unusual pottery and garden art. Hours may vary seasonally. edit
- Old Brick House Antiques, 5858 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-5206, . 10am - 6pm; Closed Wednesday. Shop offer antiques, collectibles, and home accents. Americana, art, country, ephemera, furniture, glass, primitive, textiles. edit
- Barringers Keeping It Country, 6315 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-3360. Offers American cuisine; home style country cooking. edit
- Bentley's American Grill, 400 Granite Road (Hudson Valley Resort), ☎ +1 845-626-8888, . Offers American cuisine. Inside Hudson Valley Resort. edit
- Cancelliere Pizzeria, 6320 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-2441, . Offers Pizza. Eat in and take out. edit
- Country Inn, 1380 County Rd 3 (Krumville), ☎ +1 845-657-8956, . Open Wednesday-Sunday. Bar and restaurant, bragging over 500 brands of beer served. Eclectic food menu. Cash only. Prices High. edit
- Log Cabin Ukrainian Restaurant, 5945 Rte. 44/55, ☎ +1 845-626-9838. Offers American and Ukrainian cuisine. edit
- Mountain View Diner, 6508 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-7912. Offers American cuisine, diner style. edit
- Oscar Contemporary Country Cooking, 5945 US Route 44/55, ☎ +1 845-626-9838, . Serves Modern American cuisine. Prices Mid. edit
- Pioneer Deli, 6117 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-3261. Serves fresh deli sandwiches. Prices Low. edit
- P X Express, 5790 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-2603. Offers Chinese and Asian cuisine. Prices Low. edit
- Q Cafe and Dining Room, 216 Foordmore Road (Soyuzivka), ☎ +1 845-626-5641, . Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Open Daily (Hours adjusted seasonally). Eatery located at the Soyuzivka Estate, offering American and Ukrainian dishes. Major credit cards accepted. Prices Low-Mid. edit
- Rainbow Diner, 6132 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-4635. Serves American food in a Diner setting. Prices Low. edit
- Round Up Corral, 30 Cherrytown Road (Pinegrove Ranch), ☎ +1 845-626-7345, . Breakfast and Dinner, Open daily. A casual family, sit-down restaurant offering American cuisine, Country-Western style. Major credit cards accepted. Prices Low-Mid. edit
- Sansui, 400 Granite Road (Hudson Valley Resort & Spa), ☎ +1 845-626-8888, . Serves Asian Fusion cuisine. Located at Hudson Valley Resort & Spa. Mid priced. edit
- Tapaderos, 30 Cherrytown Road (Pinegrove Ranch), ☎ +1 845-626-7345, . Lunch and Dinner, Open daily.. A casual eatery offering Italian cuisine. Major credit cards accepted. Prices Low-Mid. edit
- Troy's Deli & Pizzeria, 366 Samsonville Road, ☎ +1 845-626-3485. Serves Italian cuisine and pizza. Take out and delivery available. edit
- Yang's Kitchen, 6314 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-8118. Serves Chinese cuisine. Vegetarian and Take out available. edit
- Bull Room, 30 Cherrytown Road (Pine Grove Ranch), ☎ +1 845-626-7345, . Lounge at Pine Grove Ranch, offering dancing and a live DJ. edit
- Hot Shotz, 8 42nd Street, ☎ +1 845-626-7371. Local sports bar. Offers pool-table, darts, pinball, dance-floor, Internet jukebox, hot wings, flat screen TV. edit
- Silver Dollar Saloon, 30 Cherrytown Road (Pine Grove Ranch), ☎ +1 845-626-7345, . Sports bar at Pine Grove Ranch, featuring guitar players and wide screen TVs to watch games. edit
- Trembita Lounge, 216 Foordmore Road (Soyuzivka), ☎ +1 845-626-5641, . Indoor lounge at the Soyuzivka resort. edit
- Blackberry Barn, 149 Queens Highway, ☎ +1 917-653-6555, . A loft sleeps six people. Located on seven acres with a private pond. edit
- Chelsea Motel, 6099 Route 44-55, ☎ +1 845-626-3551. Offers 12 studio rooms and 3 efficiencies. edit
- Colonial Motel, 6812 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-647-7575. Offers 22 studio rooms and one efficiency. edit
- Continental Motel, 1364 Berme Road, ☎ +1 845-626-4000. Offers 12 studio rooms. edit
- Hudson Valley Resort & Spa, 400 Granite Road, ☎ +1 845-626-8888, . Upscale lodging offering 275 Rooms; meeting space, health spa and fitness center, golf and tennis. edit
- Maybrook Lodge, 5728 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-9823. Offers 16 studio rooms. Lounge, pool, picnic area, trails. Parking for tour bus available. edit
- Pinegrove Dude Ranch and Family Resort, 30 Cherrytown Road, ☎ +1 845-346-4626, . 600-acre ranch offers 120 rooms. Many indoor and outdoor activities on site. Several restaurants available on site. edit
- Sky Island Cottage, 367 Main Street, ☎ +1 845-626-3661. Offers a luxury cottage with a view of Rondout Creek. edit
- Soyuzivka Ukrainian Estate, 216 Foordmore Road, ☎ +1 845-626-5641, . 400-acre resort offers 87 rooms in various settings; studios and private cabins. Sports and recreation facilities on site include hockey rink, soccer field, swimming pools, tennis courts, and volleyball courts. Restaurant offers Ukrainian food during summer season. edit
- Star-Lite Motel, 5938 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-7350, . Offers 18 studio rooms. edit
- Tabasco House B&B, 43 Indian Road, ☎ +1 212-260-1870 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . A Bed and Breakfast constructed of oak and pine. The lodging is surrounded by natural forest area. edit
- Willow Bungalows, 6050 Route 209, ☎ +1 845-626-7126. Single and paired bungalows for rent; located on 69 acres. edit
The Area Code in Kerhonkson is 845. Cellular signal coverage is unpredictable in Kerhonkson. Internet service may be offered at some lodgings in town.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!