Karawaci , also known as Lippo Karawaci, is in Banten province on the island of Java, Indonesia.
Karawaci is a company town built from ground up for Lippo, a giant Indonesian conglomerate with interests in everything from property to banking. By Indonesian standards it's a near-utopian corporate suburb that looks like a misplaced chunk of Singapore, with spotless, leafy streets devoid of hawkers, corporate towers and golf courses. This town is quite popular among Koreans. 40% of Lippo Karawaci residents are Koreans that work around Tangerang.
Karawaci is to the west of Jakarta (at the edge of its sprawl), directly off the Jakarta-Tangerang highway.
Lippo Karawaci, is located 30 minutes drive from Jakarta. It is also close to Anyer Beach and Carita Beach (about 2.5 hours drive). It takes 3.5 hours drive to Bandung, and 2 hours drive to Puncak mountain resorts.
If you like nature, you can jog or even bike along the pedestrian in the early morning, and it's refreshing because the air is still clean and cooler than Jakarta.
If you like shopping, check the shopping section.
If you like sports, check the facilities of Imperial Aryaduta Country Club (awesome...!!!)
If you like foods & hang out, enjoy yourself in Benton Junction, Coco Walk, etc.
If you prefer to be quiet & relax, have fun in Celebrity Fitness Yoga Classes.
- Lippo Karawaci Golf. Designed by Jack Nicklaus.
- Imperial Aryaduta Country Club. A Balinese-style country club
- Speedy Karting. Drive go-karts like a pro.
- Clubs. Indulge all your hobbies, from snooker, art & craft, painting, biking, etc.
- Celebrity Fitness. An energetic & fun fitness center. They also have sauna & steam room.
- Lippo Karawaci XXI. A great place for movie mania.
- The Premiere. A sophisticated luxurious deluxe cinema.
- UPH Central Library. A 3-story library with a cozy atmosphere.
- Timezone. An family entertainment center (arcade/amusement) targeting the whole family.
- Amazone. An amusement center targeting kids & teenagers, as well as adults.
- Various Bookstores. You've just to name it. Lippo Karawaci has lots of bookstores for you to unwind yourself. From small bookshops such as: Juniper books & Open books (in Supermall Karawaci) to mega bookstores such as: KInokuniya, Gramedia, and Times bookstore. If you're book lovers, you'll love these places!
- Supermal Karawaci is the largest shopping mall in Karawaci, featuring the Timezone indoor theme park (which has an indoor rollercoaster).
- Matahari. The local branch of the department store chain.
- Hypermart. A huge hypermarket that sells A to Z.
- Gramedia bookstore. A perfect getaway for book lovers, but with a limited selection of English media.
- Ace Home Center. One stop shopping from hardware to BBQ; a branch of Ace Hardware USA.
- Index Furnishings. An IKEA look-alike shop.
- Debenhams. A famous department store from England.
- E-Center. Electronic & Computers' heaven.
- Batik Keris. Home of the Indonesian traditional's art & craft, including batik & wayang.
- Times Bookstore. A cozy & relaxing bookstore that sells all kind of books, from children to adults. One of the biggest Times Bookstore in the world!
- Kinokuniya Bookstore. A Japanese chain bookstore that sells various books, including English and Japanese.
- Mu Gung Hwa. A truly Korean supermarket.
- Hanil Mart. Another Korean supermarket.
- Cafe Taman Permata. Lies on Taman Permata Sport Club, 5 minutes from Supermal. A lot of choice on the menu, from seafood to Nasi Ayam Semarang. Open 5PM-11PM.
- Cafe Taman Ubud, behind Ruko New Asia. Open 6PM-11PM, various food stalls with tents.
- Taman Sari, Opposite Supermal Karawaci. Open 10AM-10PM. Serving various food in an ethnic environment.
- Benton Junction, Alongside the Supermal Karawaci. Open 7AM(selected venues) to 12PM. Numerous restaurants & cafes to choose, from: Coffee Bean & Tea leaf, Lau's Kopitiam, Istana Nelayan, Batavia Kitchen, Daichii, etc.
- International Food Hall, inside Supermal Karawaci. Open 10AM-10PM. Variety of restaurants & cafes, such as: McDonalds, Icyblue, Texas Chicken, Saboga Bakso Tahu, Yoghberry, Fiesta Steak, Yogen Fruz, Shokuyoku Teppanyaki, Sederhana Bintaro Padang Food, Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks (Halal), A&W, MM Juice & Noodles, Bakmi Gang Kelinci, Bakmi GM, KFC, Solaria, Red Bean, Wendy's, Hoka Hoka Bento, Pizza Hut, Takigawa, Cing Wan, Ta Wan, Hanamasa, Ichiban Sushi,Starbucks, Ya Kun Kaya Toast Cafe, Sour Sally, JCo Donuts & Coffee, Chewy Junior, Rice Bowl, Secret Recipe, Imperial Kitchen & Dimsum, MOS Burger, Grazia Cafe,Penang Village, BreadTalk, Jesslyn Cakes, BreadLife, Clairmount, etc.
- Coco Walk, inside Supermal Karawaci/facing the streets. Open 10AM to 11PM. Another hang-out place for food lovers. You can find trendy restaurants/coffee shops/bookshops/small outlets in this spot, such as: Dante Coffee, Oh La La Bistro, Jitlada Thai Restaurant, Yong Tau Foo Singapore, The Pancake Parlour of Australia, Kazoku Japanese Restaurant, Waroeng Kampoeng Indonesian Restaurant, Rotiboy of Malaysia, Steak 21, Duta Suara Music & Cafe, OpenBooks Coffee & Books, QbiQ Coffee & Donuts, Simply Sugar Cane & Healthy Drinks, Red Bean Chinese Restaurant, RyouZen Sushi & Teppanyaki, and so on.
- UNO Restaurant & Bar, in Menara Matahari, near the University of Pelita Harapan complex, Lippo Karawaci. Has live music daily. Open 10AM-12PM.
- RJ's Bar, in Imperial Aryaduta Hotel. A funky sport-addict bar that hosts international football/soccer match nightly. Open 6PM-2AM.
- Kantin Merah, Supermal Karawaci basement. 10AM to 10PM. If you really want to eat like a local then head down to Kantin Merah in the basement of Supermal Karawaci for an authentic eating experience. It's certainly hot and humid but it's the food rather than the ambiance that's the main attraction. Of particular appeal is Dapur Betawi, serving authentic Jakarta style dishes including a delectable Soto Betawi. Rp8,000-Rp20,000. edit
- Imperial Aryaduta, 401 Bulevar Jend. Sudirman, tel. +62-21-5460101, . A convinient relaxing four-star hotel aimed squarely at business travellers & also families who might enjoy a spot of golf on the side, as well as shopping and medical check-up in Siloam Gleneagles Hospital.
- Grand Oriental, 1012 Permata Sari, Lippo Karawaci, tel. +62-21-55656579. A budget hostel that provides a safe & homely environment.
- Grace's Dormitory (gracedormitory), Jalan Newton No.15, Lincoln Drive Dormitory Complex, Lippo Karawaci, ☎ +622136132003, . The New Concept Dormitory Living Space for Student University and Employee in Lippo Karawaci, with 33 large Bedrooms in Four-Storey Building. Concept with Clean, Simple, Minimalist and Modern Architecture. Location is Near UPH Campuss. IDR 2,500,000/Month. edit
- C & C Dormitory (cnc dormitory), Jalan Newton No 17 Lippo Karawaci (Lincoln Drive Dormitory), ☎ +622191900236, . C&C Dormitory | Come as guest, stay as family :) IDR 2.000.000,-. edit
- University of Pelita Harapan. An elite university with more than 10,000 students. The university is located opposite of Supermall Karawaci. This university is equipped with hi-tech facilities. Its motto/slogan/catchphrase is "Global Campus. Global Perspective."
- Maple Leaf Tutors. Full service tuition center concentrating in primary and secondary tuition for students in the Lippo Karawaci area. For more info contact email@example.com or call +62 813 1855 1306.
- Sekolah Pelita Harapan International. Also known locally as SPH or SPH International is an internationally accredited Christian School that has about 1,000 students ranging from kindergarten to Grade 12. The school was built and founded in 1993 by Johannes Oentoro and funded by James Riady from Lippo Group under the bigger organization known as Yayasan Pendidikan Pelita Harapan (Pelita Harapan Educational Foundation). This campus at Lippo Karawaci is the first and the flagship school for SPH (Other campuses include of Sentul City, Lippo Cikarang, Kemang Village and Pluit). The school is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School with accreditations including Association of Christian Schools International (ASCI), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Council of International Schools (CIS), and Christian Schools International (CSI).
- Sekolah Dian Harapan. SDH, as some people call it, is the more national side of the international SPH school. Like SPH, it is a part of the "Yayasan Pendidikan Pelita Harapan" organization. Located in the residential cluster, Taman Himalaya, next to the Harvest Center.
- Atisa Dipamkara. A buddhist school located nearby to Siloam Hospitals. Buddisht statues, temples and viharas are present in school grounds.
- UPH College. This school is located in the premises of Universitas Pelita Harapan (UPH) and provides spots for students enrolling in grade ten through to grade twelve. This school uses a program created to forward the credits gained here to UPH after they graduate, similar to that of a community college. The program/curriculum used is the RMIT program from Australia.
- Siloam Gleneagles Hospital. A 5-star facilities hospital with some well known doctors.
- Jade Leaf Reflexiology. Located in Supermal Karawaci. A perfect place to unwind and relax.
- D'relax spa & reflexiology. Located in Permata Sport Club. A splendid journey to peace of mind.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!