Kapurthala is a small town in the state of Punjab in India.
The town is famous for Rail Coach Factory, which is a rail coach manufacturing unit of Indian Railway. It produces 1500 coaches every year.
 Get in
There are frequent buses between Kapurthala and Jalandhar. Buses and taxis are also available from Amritsar, about 75km from Kapurthala, where the nearest airport is located.
Kapurthala is in the Jalandhar-Firozpur section of the Indian railway network.
 Get around
- Jagatjit Palace - once home of Maharaja Jagatjit Singh, it is the most impressive building in the city, inspired by European palaces. Built in 1906.
- Mazar of Mir Nasir Ahmed - a pilgrimage site for classical musicians.
- Panch Mandir - a temple, home of five small temples.
- Gurudwara Ber Sahib - here Guru Nanak Sahib entered the Bein rivulet and stayed three days in the water.
- Kanjli Wetland - a great area for birdwatching and boating.
- Pushpa Gujral Science City has been established on Jalandhar Kapurthala Road.
 Get out